Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin has been left red-faced after telling reporters that “Russia will never catch up...

>Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin has been left red-faced after telling reporters that “Russia will never catch up to the United States in the space race,” the Interfax news agency reported.
>“Our space industry has fallen behind the Americans ninefold. All of our ambitious projects require us to up productivity 150 percent – and even if we manage that, we will still never catch up with them,” Rogozin originally said to Interfax Friday.

themoscowtimes.com/mobile/news/article/570708.html

This guy saying dumb things is nothing new.

he's right

Not sure how this is news. As great as having a Space Program is, we don't have the funds to do much with it. So of course will not catch up to the Americans now. Big deal.

зpaдa

Rogozin said similar things in the past. He does it to motivate people. He is basically trying to say "if we stop being so corrupt, we can achieve great things.".

so maybe instead of having a useless Space Program you should spend that money on the general prosperity of people? Life expectancy in Russia is lower than in Europe, but hey, at least we have Space Program, ha!

>''Buu-huu we lost the space war''

Big deal, USA will lose it's race war

nobody expects Russia to do much other than talk about how great they used to be. That's what the rest of the world does anyway, talk about how great each country used to be when it owned more land, or had a bigger army, or discovered something.

We have a space industry?

>muh welfare

The one problem is that we do not have our own space launch system (yet)
We are forced to use Russian made Soyuz rockets to get our shit into space

What am I missing? We have no shuttle, use private companies to launch satellites, and hitch rides with Russians, using Russian equipment to get to the ISS.

Is he referring to some secret US space program?

>GIBS MEEEE DAT

But he's right. Roscosmos is deader than dead.
New rocket? Nah, upgrade of reliable 1950s design is fine.
New spaceship? Maybe in 2030s. This upgrade of 1970s Soyuz is good enough.
Fully domestic satellites? Sorry, but microelectronic industry is dead as fuck.
Moon exploration? Maybe in 20 years.
Mars exploration? Maybe in 30 years.
Of corse all this happend if sanctions will be lifted and oil prices will be hight.

The private companies are heavily supported by NASA, also the rovers and drones, and telescopes, and satellites around other planets, all being sent into space by NASA.

Our gov can't see farther than barrels of oil :^)

>What am I missing?
The point of this( and most of Rogozin speeches, by the way) is pretty simple - GIB MONIES PLOS.

upravo sam ti pojebo sestru btw

Better ban something and nationalize another company

Did he forget that russia is currently the only country on earth capable of sending men to space?

>themoscowtimes

Anybody got the comparison chart of Russian and US military presence in European countries?
I think of which shows that there are much more Russian troops than US ones.
I saw it here a while ago.

How the fuck can Russia compete with the US, if the US has can offer any talented scientist or engineer x100 more than any Russian space agency and can afford to fund literally any equipment/materials for R&D.

Even European scientists tend to flock to the US nowadays... I've seen one interview with a German nobel prize winner (physics), who now works in the US - he said that Germany couldn't offer him and his team the same funding as the Americans did.

It's very difficult to compete with the country that has both the Fed and the NSA. Even if this country won't be able to buy your secrets they will just steal them.

USSR was able to compete because they kept their scientists under control in "closed cities" and KGB was able to steal techs from the West.