"Bunger Hills, also known as Bunger Lakes or Bunger Oasis...

"Bunger Hills, also known as Bunger Lakes or Bunger Oasis, is a coastal range on the Knox Coast in Wilkes Land in Antarctica, consisting of a group of moderately low, rounded coastal hills, overlain by morainic drift and notably ice free throughout the year, lying south of the Highjump Archipelago.[1] The reasoning behind the minute amount of ice in the area is still relatively unknown and remains under intense debate amongst scientists today"

"The ice-free area measures 450 km2 (174 sq mi), according to some sources even 750 or 942 km2 (290 or 364 sq mi) (though these latter values include a marine area not covered by continental ice or the Shackleton Ice Shelf). The topography is characterized by rugged hills, and there are many freshwater and salt lakes"

"It was first observed by members of the western party of the Australian Antarctic Expedition (1911-1914), who were unable to reach it due to heavy crevassing on the Denman and Scott Glaciers"

"The Soviet Union became interested in the Bunger Hills again in the late 1980s, and built a new station - Oazis-2 - a few hundred metres to the west of Dobrowolski. The station was used for summer visits up to the mid-1990s"

Then here's a website talking about the kind of shit the russians had there.

web.archive.org/web/20071216140124/http://www.hamradio.ru/rrc/AWARDS/BASES/oazis.htm

So what now apparently apparently all the stations are abandoned and nothing is happening there? I couldnt find anything else I call bullshit.

What do you guys think is happening there now?

Inb4 nothing is happening there

>land that can sustain life and agriculture
>apparently there's a peace treaty that its land nobody can fight for or claim

Yeah I'd say someone is there keeping secrets underground or some shit.

Also 6 million square miles of ice lands and were supposed to believe the whole place is populated only by between 1000 and 4000 scientists throughout the year. No natives? Bullshit look how close antartica is to south America.
They were touching each other when people walked this earth.

Giant power station melting the ice underground. Thermal camera on that spot and bam, you just found Hitler's secret base where he got tech from the greys.

Do I sound like an idiot right now or is everyone as uninformed about antartica as I am? If so what is there to learn?

I dont think I learned shit about Antarctica in school except all the fucking animals.

Its like every nation has been there and done something. Some of it could still be active.

World leaders have been making strange visits there recently. Secureteam10 (i think is the name) has a good video on it

Theres absolutely something going on down there but good luck trying to figure out what

Are you guys fishing or do you genuinely not know?

Here

Either user, just share what you know please.

Totally fishing. Howd you like my attempt?

Fuck no I dont know.

The fuck are you talking about? What natives would live there?

Your troll is weak user

Antarctica is an ice covered apex

Any natives that could.
Whos to say there are no caves or even more large pieces of land with no ice on it.
That's a lot of space with lots of possibilities. Try looking at it on google earth they don't show you shit.

I just feel were being giving too little information on such a giant piece of land

>big cold empty desolate space
>I'm just going to assume there are native inhabitants living there and the government is covering it up because conspiracy shadow something something
Okay bud, maybe go outside once in a while though. Oh and shower first.

black ice

everybody already knows that the grey aliums live underground
disturbing them would be a mistake, just saiyan...

What the fuck is a grey alium?

Hi Barney

A grey alien, he's calling them aliums because he thinks the notion is laughable.

Ha thanks

you're welcome.

I think this man could be onto something

Underwater volcano

>Underwater
You realize it's in the middle of a giant continent. You know, with solid land and such.

You realize antarctica floats on water, eight bub?

That would actually makes sense there were scientists that found organic life like 2 miles under we the ice in that area.

Where there normally shouldnt be anything.

No retard it's solid land just like the continent you live on. It just has ice on it. You're thinking of the north pole.

The way the islands are it almost looks like Argentina connected but was somehow destroyed and the remaining land mass followed the currents.

>almost 2018
>still a round eafth baby
Amh

>Almost next current year.
>Thinks flat earth would actually form in the universe as we know it.

all islands or glaciers on the Antarctic side are "restricted" to even sea 4 ships as bird sanctuaries

I actually had a tinder match greet me with that flat earth shit recently. Her profile purported that she was "woke."

Well that is a good way to realize that you won't be compatible early on.

It makes me wonder who pushes this garbage though. We live in an age where information is free and communication is instantanous, and idiots choose to watch a couple trendy youtube videos and disregard all of modern science. What the fuck.

Maybe people are becoming overwhelmed, losing faith in informational outlets, or both.

Not an unreasonable reaction, most people just don't take well to it.

Thinking you are in a group of independent individuals who are "in the know" feels good.
Especially if you haven't done well in school and have low self esteem.

I suppose these are as good of explanations as there can be. Strange, didn't expect that from Sup Forums.

Glaciers almost always move large deposits of precious metals, if nothing else.

There is also a religious element to it.
Some flat earth enthusiasts I've discussed with, started talking about creationism when hard pressed to explain why people would get power from telling others the earth is round.

Well that's silly, it would have way more obvious implications than that

>Well that's silly
You're telling me?
So far I've yet to meet an argument for the flat earth that wasn't predicated on "I don't know astrophysics even on a layman level, so I'm gonna assume it's hokum and that the people who think it's credible are sheeple who'll believe anything".

I mean let's say you find out life is a lie, do you

A) try to break it to people under the belief they will accept it, not panic, and go on living the status quo or

B) form some men in black society that trusts only those people already in the know to help the rest of the world maintain their beliefs, while using superior knowledge to be able to solve and profit off of current problems far into the sustainable future

Posing this question if you ran things, and had anything but edgy anarchist ideals.

An apocolypse is a disclosue of information, or a revelation according to the Greek meaning

I read that scientists discovered some crazy volcanic shitunder the antarctis that produces these fluctuations.

there are also caves that go rather far down and have very habitable tempertures.
they plan to check for life there.

also from not so reputable sources I heard that sattelite images of the antarctica are extremely shit and thre are unusaly many restricted areas.

then there's some weird stories from richard byrd about super chill and habitable places on there.

Geosynchronous satellites have shown us that all hurricanes in the world start at the same place. What if there are other places in the world where "All of X" starts at?

The military spends tons on research an training to find the best ways to de ice aircraft already in flight. Not many places in the world or reasons to do this.

Well that could be explained with them wanting to fly at higher altitudes than airplanes currently do, but it's interesting to think about alternative reasons for it.

Fuck yeah dude shits going on there for sure. The satellite images are shit ive seen them.

Icing in flight can happen in a lot of places man

It just seems like flying really high would be something that would have maintained more popularity since the space race, if it had really been that important.

But conversely, it is almost like society and scientific progression almost ground to a halt directly after. As if what was up there wasn't so interesting, but rather what was able to be seen from that height was of much greater significance.

You know why people don't just come out and say things here? Because for every one person who might have a discussion with them there are 46 other people who think intelligence is being able to say, "Nuh uh".

Well it's interesting to speculate on.
Personally I think part of the cool down on space faring came with the end of the cold war and a loss of competition.

I agree, just seems like a helluva cold shower after figuring out what we're capable of. If there had been cool, science promoting shit out there man's competive/self critical nature and the salivation of society at large should have been enough to keep it rolling.

Instead the "final frontier" the apparent infinite expanse surrounding us, became more like a phase.

Is it really because we don't have the money? Or is there a reason the greatest accomplishment of slavery in history amounts to a giant manhole cover?

I really don't know user, all I know is that I think we're bound to fail as a species if we don't find a way to propagate out among the stars.
This might sound weird, but I think the only way mankind will continue to exist for longer than a few thousand years is to interbreed with whatever intelligent species we might find out there, diversifying our genetic makeup and making us more resilient.

>I feel

This is you and your fuckin conspiracy theory crews problem.

You FEEL like it should be teeming with Russian steampunk tanks and laz0rs and shit because of what, relative size?

That is the most retarded reasoning when you step back.

It's fuckin cold and ain't good for most life forms.

The best you could ever argue is the, already publicly floated, concept of governments wanting to take 'their share' of the ice so they have fresh water.

There isn't anything super happening except shitty Metallica concerts for showboating, science, politicians fighting over who owns how much ice.

>the Antarctic is colder than Antarctica
>Natives live in Greenland, northern Canada, islands off Scandinavia and Siberia
>hurrduurr iz too cold! XD

Man would exist just fine were it not for us making industry on outrunning the reaper.

Our destiny is to visit the stars but earth is our home. If we don't learn how to take care of it we will not be allowed to leave.

Once/if we leave the earth it would no longer be considered a means of evolution. We would have removed any feedback loop on our decelopment so really it would only be viable if we had already learned everything possible about getting along while stuck together.

But we haven't. Unfortunately we probably won't. The "truth" is we probably are doomed. If we don't change drastically this rock won't support us another 50 years.

I think the key is not becoming more resilient, but becoming aware how fragile things really are and taking responsibility, instead of offense.

Ok but u also cant just assume that theres something hidden there just because its inhabitable.

theres literally nothing odd thats happened there other than theres no snow...and thats how its been even before we discovered it

You're trying to make a conspiracy out of thin air...unless you've uncpvered some secret info or something, then this thread is trash

Honestly this is a pretty good argument, also. Water is definitely precious enough for all the activity to be justified

>not a trap thread with black penises
>trash

your opinion sucks

I actually have never seen a black trap on this site. Why jews, why?

That is pretty much all the official information is. That and different pockets of gas from different eras are trapped in ice and some glaciers are shrinking. Everyone in this thread has a tin foil admirals hat and they're debating who's crazy theory is the One True Crazy Theory that will allow them to enter conspiracy theorist Valhalla.

Pretty accurate summary

Better than the crap you pull, Mac.

>the Antarctic is colder than Antarctica
Wut

Maybe he meant the Antarctic climate surrounding but not including the actual continent?

Only way it seems to make sense

Everyone knows the second fucking Stargate is there. Wake up people...

>Assuming i like trash thread just because i think this trash thread is trash...

Nice arguement dumbass

Read
This thread is filled with the retards that ruin the credibility of ACTUAL conspiracies and secrets being held from the public.

You guys literally just picked a random piece of land and claimed theres secret shit happening there just because it doesnt snow there and its abandoned.
>Not to mention you did so without any story, claims, or proof of any wrongdoings...

Your opinion on whats worthy of actual investigation suck...

>inb4: "look at how many shills are trying to make is ignore this place, theres officially something happening there!1!1!1!111one11!
Any time someone makes a shitty theory or conspiracy, the retards that follow the horseshit always scream shill without realizing the huge amount of cover it gives actual shills

Also,

You're so upset though

((((((no fun allowed)))))))

>not a single person said shill except this guy

>assuming I assumed you like trash threads

No, just that there is much more out there worth you calling garbage for you to be wasting your oh so useful time here

>inb4 everyone starts ignoring the thread after some shill makes a psuedo ironic comment about satirically not being a shill because creating self fullfilling prophecies on a taiwanese fart sniffing board is the mark of a real man

im not really trying to make a conspiracy theory I'm just saying I dont believe that were being told nothing because there is nothing.

And I follow with asking if anyone else has information and some people did others talked shit and you know how it goes

For real though I'm just trying to understand what is going on or awaiting someone to tell me everything and how stupid I am to not know.

I just don't know why we aren't allowed to have discussions without someone getting pissed off. Conspiracy or not, what's wrong with that?

I agree but as tough as they try to appear some kids here are sensitive and take things the wrong way.

There always appears to be some sort of conflict in every thread. Sometimes I think its purposeful

It isn't always purposeful but with age I have found that arguing is simply a bag of tricks that is just as effective when you know what you're talking about as when you know nothing. There is all kinds of literature out there on diversionary tactics aka marriage 101. My theory is some people get stuck here who are in someway clever and becoming wordsmiths in order to exercise a form of control is how they do it. Sup Forums on steroids. I kind of doubt there are such thing as paid shills here, though it's obvious any time you read product reviews that they exist.

Because like i said it ruins credibility of the real shit goimg on that needs light shed on it.

Well it is Sup Forums... Guess i shouldn't care as much as i am, good point.

So you're suggesting that i just go on shit threads and shitpost?...

Wut???

I agree that it would be a perfect place to hold secrets...but im pretty sure no nation is dumb enough to leave anything note worthy in a place that doesnt belong to them... Not only that but there just isnt enough evidence (if amy at all)for something happening there

What do u expect from this place? It isnt called the internet hate machine for nothing.

>my theory is some people get stuck here who are in someway clever and becoming wordsmiths in order to excercise a form of control...
Holy fuck...i think you're right

also god damn...pic related

And so it is these people who, until they stop acting like idiots hold closed the floodgates of knowledge from the common man.

They aren't anyone you can get a question answered by, it makes them very sore. But they hold the keys and are very proud. Many of us are hoping they die off from ignorance. The end of days vs. stupidity, the race is on.

like what?
yeah
just fuckin with ya
who are you evidence master?
we expect nothing its called discussion
no shit

congrats contrarian. now stop being that way