Instrumental hip hop

I been listening to pic related, other madlib shiz, dilla, and avalanches nd I'm hungry for more. Any recs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nFO50j8TJek
youtu.be/7TO9_ZWjMKw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grammatik

you forgot the n word

dj Endtroducing

lots to like on this and other albums from Vanilla

Listened to this and I loved it, thank you.
I'll get to all of these, thank you!

this is the vibe

Yes

Didn't know of this. Dope af. Cunning shit.

CunninLynguists are pretty tight, yeah

This is like if a marching band took a stroll through a ghetto

LIL UGLY MANE - ABSENCE OF SHITPERSON

Excuse me? My mother was a pianist for the orchestra, my father has played drums with both what plebs consider the greats and lesser known unsung geniuses of jazz. I have been playing cello and piano since five years old, have been composing my own music since seven, and played in several bands in middle school, high school and now college, exploring classical (in the forms of baroque, romantic and modern, as well as minimalism and totalism), jazz (both modal and free), and rock (avant-prog influenced post-punk) - on top of this, I am a DJ at a local club that makes his own mixes of cutting edge experimental house and techno artists, as well as making some experimental sound collages and onkyo in my free time. I have perfect pitch and synesthesia, and can play the vast majority of Bach's repertoire on piano by memory alone. So, when I say this, believe me, for it is the closest you can get to objective fact: Lil Ugly Mane is a hack, and the album "ABSENCE OF SHITPERSON" is a perfect example of hackery, with a lukewarm reception among the knowledgeable but endless praise from the musically illiterate. It is understandable why someone with lesser understanding of the art form would adore it - it appeals to very primitive notions of music, with its simple construction and boisterous "moving" passages with all the depth of a child's pool, even if it lacks any of the things that make classical music and jazz such respected genres, such as the subtlety necessary to truly explore the depths of interplay and harmonic interplay. It is no wonder children of this ADHD generation love it so much.

this pasta is already stale

A lot of instrumental hip hop I see recommended has this overproduced, claustrophobic sound to it. Nujabes' music has a lot of "room" to it and that's why I love it. Everything else I've heard has been shit

Like what albums specifically? Please go into as much detail as possible user for the sake of the thread.

I don't have a crazy amount of experience. All I know is each time I check out an album recommended to Nujabes fans, it's that same ultra-clean, overproduced sound that simply doesn't work for me in instrumental hip hop. Does anyone have recommendations for someone who LOVES Nujabes' song Modal Soul? It's by far my favorite on the album

youtu.be/nFO50j8TJek

Strictly187murda is the best tho.
youtu.be/7TO9_ZWjMKw

Iman Omari - High-Loops & Higher-Loops
Blockhead - Music by cavelight
DIBIA$E - Schematiks