/rug/ - Lions Squad Discussion Edition

BACKS
Dan Biggar (Wales), Elliot Daly (England), Jonathan Davies (Wales), Owen Farrell (England), Leigh Halfpenny (Wales), Robbie Henshaw (Ireland), Stuart Hogg (Scotland), Jonathan Joseph (England), Conor Murray (Ireland), George North (Wales), Jack Nowell (England), Jared Payne (Ireland), Jonathan Sexton (Ireland), Tommy Seymour (Scotland), Ben Te’o (England), Anthony Watson (England), Rhys Webb (Wales), Liam Williams (Wales), Ben Youngs (England).

FORWARDS
Rory Best (Ireland), Dan Cole (England), Taulupe Faletau (Wales), Tadhg Furlong (Ireland), Jamie George (England), Iain Henderson (Ireland), Maro Itoje (England), Alun Wyn Jones (Wales), George Kruis (England), Courtney Lawes (England), Joe Marler (England), Jack McGrath (Ireland), Ross Moriarty (Wales), Sean O’Brien (Ireland), Peter O’Mahony (Ireland), Ken Owens (Wales), Kyle Sinckler (England), CJ Stander (Ireland), Justin Tipuric (Wales), Mako Vunipola (England), Billy Vunipola (England), Sam Warburton (Wales, capt).

FIXTURES
3 June: v Provincial Union XV, Whangarei
7 June: v Blues, Auckland
10 June: v Crusaders, Christchurch
13 June: v Highlanders, Dunedin
17 June: v Maori All Blacks, Rotorua
20 June: v Chiefs, Waikato
24 June: 1st Test v New Zealand, Auckland
27 June: v Hurricanes, Wellington
1 July: 2nd Test v New Zealand, Wellington
8 July: 3rd Test v New Zealand, Auckland

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0YKT6LBtKQs?t=12m12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Posting this message from New Zealand.

NZ win 3-0, 20+ margins in each test

Pick your team lads

1. M. Vunipola
2. George
3. Furlong
4. Itoje
5. Kruis
6. POM
7. Warburton
8 B. Vunipola
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Daly
12. Henshaw
13. Joseph
14. Williams
15. Hogg

kek

McGrath
Owens
Furlong
Itoje
Kruis
Warburton
Tipuric
Vunipola
Murray
Sexton
Nowell
Farrell
Henshaw
Williams
Hogg

>nz has the same number of lions as scotland

How did Gatland get away with it?

>fewest scottish lions since 1930

Are Scotland the Connacht of the British Isles?

England = Leinster: Biggest playing population, generally posh players, hated by everyone else
Ireland = Munster: MUH PRIDE, MUH PASHUN
Wales = Ulster: Nobody's favourite or least favourite, flatter to deceive, for some reason think they have a reputation/tradition of playing attractive creative rugby
Scotland = Connacht: JUST

There's probably more scottish blood in the all blacks than the lions

>tfw somehow more loins than ireland

*blocks your bagpipes*

>tfw you realise all the Lions will be exhausted and out of form next season
>Leaving an easy grand slam open

cheers Gatty boy

Biggar and Halfpenny are the only ones who don't deserve to be there. Anyone saying AWJ or Blue Hat don't deserve their spots is an idiot.

>/our year/ already

It literally, objectively, factually and indisputably, is and will be, our year

lads it is unironically inevitably our year
glorious greg laidlccaw will be the only fit scrumhalf
shame vern cotton couldn't stay one more year

Welp, time to dust off the old All Blacks jersey.

am i the only one that imagines blue hat man has to wear his blue hat everywhere and it took ages for him to feel comfortable enough in the presence of strangers to take it off for this photo

Who's going to mug for the camera the most for the Lions documentary?

My money's on Marler and Webb

Only 2 from N. England this time?
Nobody from Isle of Man?

webb, youngs, teo

Any of you lads not rate Stander? Saw a few questionable comments in the last thread

There's not really many banterlords there this time.

only see him carrying the ball
could do well with him and warburton flanking and moriarty at 8
this is coming from an englishman

Any of you lads not rate Stander? Saw a few questionable comments in the last thread

meme player

>Provincial Union XV
What's about on this team?

>moriarty at 8
>the same 8 who made the least amount of metres in the six nations
He's a tackler, nothing more.

He carries the ball bloody well though

Alun Wyn Jones over Launchbury, I feel sick

More like Alun Lose Jones amirite

Hopefully Big Billy wallops him in the first training session and Garland rings up Launch yet with his tail between his legs

Also can we talk about the inclusion of Payne and Te'o over Huw Jones. Literally what the fuck

exactly
moriarty makes the tackles, stander does the ball carrying and warburton fills in the cracks
how's that for backrow balance

Huw Jones is injured la

Good english lad, I think it's a team made up of the provinces below super rugby, so manawatu, christchurch etc

Thanks senpai

So why didn't he pick Brad Barritt then

being thrust to the forefront of the sport so quickly while still so young is a dangerous recipe (too much, too young too fast type thing)
i reckon gatland couldn't take the risk of having a potential loose canon off the field

6. O'Mahony -link play, pilfering, lineout
7. Warburton -tackling, pilfering, lineout
8. Vunipola -carrying

20. O'Brien -impact

Pretty good BR balance there, especially when combined with the potential SR options

Would rather have Stander for impact than O'Brien

Vunipola will be tired after 60

I will consider the tour a failure if DMack scores a try against us

>Scotland's brave Damian of clan McKenzie scores the winning try that seals the series in the second test

Preparation for new referendum?

1.McGrath
2. George
3. Furlong
4. AWJ
5. Itoje
6. Stander
7. Warbles (c)
8. Vunipola
9. Murray
10. Sexwee
11. North
12. 'Ice man' Faz
13. JJ
14. Sanjay
15. Hogg

Find a flaw.

Not sure why we're impacting stander lads

He's a freak of a ball carrier and tackler.

Him, Vunipola and Warbles is a back row the Kiwis would fear.

Also lol that his scrum half is taller than him

Still a beast though

Very good but no way in hell Gatland doesn't pick a bosh midfield and 1/2p at FB

I would bet money on him not locking halfpenny, could you imagine the backlash

balance is off in backrow
stander and coconut man are both big ball carriers so one of them has to go for a head down clear out tackle man like o marny or moriarty
i just feel like the lean nz forwards would run rings around fatty vunebola

Halfpenny is perfect bench fodder.

Plays all three at the back and you can bring him on for a 65 meter kick to win the game for you.

I want to argue that Vunipola has leaned out enough that what you said isn't true, but he always looks just a biiiit sluggish round the field if I'm honest

Gatland is a stickler for fitness.

He'll have Billy running bleep tests twice a day untill he's shitting his own lungs.

Why is Warburton captain? Why is he in the team at all? Such favouritism.

Gatland should be shot.

M8 he dropped BOD for Roberts last time Gatland doesn't give a flying fuck about backlash

Nah we're all busy lad

Hmmmm, good point

this cheeky kent

>Best seven in the Northern Hemisphere
>Captained the Lions last time
>But why has he picked Warburton as Captain

The absolute state of you.....

rare and well timed

I hope so, billy is naturally a fat fuck so

>Best 7 in the NH
>Can't even start their for his own country

Don't ever reply to me again Warren

Got him there

If it doesn't take place on two wheels most people here aren't interested. Plus we only got the internet a few months ago and a lot of people haven't gotten over the shock their gas lamps being replaced by light bulbs so it'll be a while before you see anymore of us

I love your country desu, Douglas is a good place

ever had a dead biker turn up on your lawn?

>Best seven in the Northern Hemisphere
>shifted to 6 by this man
really got the old noggin' thinking

I love it when I come back to see my fmaily but after a few weeks it looses its charm. At its best in TT though

Nah not the lawn but had a few crashes into my wall where the riders got BTFO, sidecars are the worst

Tbf Warbs has been a beast at 6

I'll be honest I do love it but it does give me a spooky vibe sometimes, really sparsely populated and with all the old places

Lawes is a conman.

No surprise that he's picked all the black players from England, got to fill those quotas

Still blows my mind how Launchbury wasn't picked.

It's because he's the wrong colour.

I'd have taken Haskell, too.

Its got its fair share of weird locals and weird places, but everyone's pretty friendly. If you're into sp00ky shit there's some pretty cool abandoned buildings and ruins around

>Using an Irish Proxy to spread british isles propaganda

Yeah Nah

haskell would have been all over lions cam
he really is a twat

Scotland

>12 Welshmen

The only ones you can say don't deserve their spots are Biggar, Halfpenny and maybe Jon Davies. Even then, Davies wasn't terrible in the 6N and we don't have a huge amount of quality in the centres.

I think yo need a passing centre to beat the all blacks. JD2 cant pass and isnt that good of a bosh merchant. We wont win the tour off solid defence alone

I heard you the first time Rhys

>12 Welsh players have been selected

I would have taken Memerose, Dunbar or Scott Williams instead of him myself but you can see why Gatland went for JD2. Te'o is the worse pick by far

> you now remember Lealiliafano getting knocked out 20 seconds in to the first test

youtu.be/0YKT6LBtKQs?t=12m12s

I like the idea of Farrell-Daly. Depends on how big the All Black midfield is

>Depends on how big the All Black midfield is
It'll likely be Crotty-ALB. Not big, but not going to roll over either

Are you actually surprised? Ever since Gatty was appointed, we knew he was going to fill the squad with Welsh memes.
>moriarty had a good half against england?
>got to have him in the squad!

Warbuton shouldn't be on the starting team, even if he'd been fully fit but now he's guaranteed his place. This is going to be a disaster.

Why is there "People" on here pushing the lions agenda so hard right now?

We have Champions Cup matches up next on the weekend surely we should be making threads about that, but there seems to be a "group" on here hell bent on pushing the lions agenda for some reason

Here in Ireland nobody talks or cares about the lions, its either Leinster, Munster or the Irish team thats talked about

The way the lions agenda gets pushed on tv and the internet you'd swear that the UK state was about to break up or something and that a group of people were pushing a unionist brainwashing agenda to try stop it

I dont know, i could be wrong

Moalas picking up form and SBW is available. Fekitoa as well

Crotty-ALB seems defensive. Mind you if you got Barrett, Perenara, Dagg and Smith in the backline a defensive midfield might not be a bad thing

fuck off padraig, your potatoes are boiling over

Somehow the (((Lions))) are popular

>Warbuton shouldn't be on the starting team
nice meme

>sunni bill
>pookitoa
no chance

fekitoa has been a no show recently

Will have to check that out next time I visit

You have BT Sport (Sky's Bitter Rival) promoting the lions non stop during their Rugby Matches that they show and are basically trying to up Sky's Viewership

Yeah, i dont think so

It's the biggest event in the rugby calendar aside from the world cup and is the last real touring side of the sort you used to get in the amateur era. The Lions are a part of rugby's heritage.

I genuinely feel sorry for people who don't "get" the Lions. They're missing out on one of the few properly big events in the rugby calender.

>It's the biggest event in the rugby calendar aside from the world cup

Its not though, its 3 friendly matches against another World level team

It doesn't even get near the 6 Nations nevermind the World Cup

It just a meme team of 4 Countries who have no real reason to be playing Rugby together anymore

If they wanted to do the combined country meme thing they should do something like a united European Team taking on a combined Australia/New Zealand or South American or African or Asian team

Now that id watch and have an interest in

The lions, Meh

>It doesn't even get near the 6 Nations

Then how come every player says the Lions is the pinnacle of their career?