What's your favorite post-Fragile NiN album?

What's your favorite post-Fragile NiN album?
I'm listening to their discography for the first time and I'm finishing Hesitation Marks and I have to say that Ghosts is my favorite.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTKyrYRMvT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Year Zero and the new EPs. I like when Reznor's albums have a concept.

Trent does seem to have a weird obsession with concept albums

Bump

Year Zero, Hesitation Marks and the EPs, maybe The Slip, I like With_Teeth too.

Trent did say he loves to be a story teller and wanted to make movies which is what Year Zero was supposed to be, a show, but it was canned.
One of favorite Trent's albums was The Wall, probably due to its concept, probably changed since then as when With_Teeth started he proclaimed that he doesn't need a concept to make good music.

didn’t With_Teeth start out as a concept album?

[citation needed]

With Teeth was originally going to be a more ambitious album called Bleed Through and it was sort of about personifying his addiction problems into woman he lived and hated, and just wanted to be free from. He scrapped it but elements can be heard throughout WT and the songs that weren't released officially.

I completely forgot the album name but I believe it was supposed to be named something else. Rob Sheridan posted the orignal album art somewhere and I can’t seem to find it

Ah that’s it thank you

loved*

bleedthrough

Yes, but there was a fan whom wrote to Trent saying "HOW CAN WITH_TEETH NOT BE CONCEPT ALBUM" after he has noticed all connections and themes, Trent said it was up to the fan.
So there ya go, all the "Hesitation Marks is a sequel to TDS" can go wild, Trent seems to like it when their fans think about his albums this much, he claimed in a pretty recent interview.

I like all of them except for HM. Favorite would have to be YZ and NTAE.

I like HM, but I feel like The Slip is better, and that was made in three weeks. It feels much more raw and energetic.

Isn't With_Teeth a favorite? I like it the most out of all I've heard of them.

Most people like that one the least actually, not sure why, I love it, but I do feel like other future records from NIN did what With_Teeth tried to do but better.

WITH_TEETH was a good prototype album for the future of Reznor's sound. Dragging it out of the doom and gloom of the ninties work and making it more guided. It's a little janky and some of the lyrics could be better. It felt like he had two ideas: he wanted to make something more commercial, and then he wanted to dive off back into the deep end. It was cool to see Reznor making a connection like this though.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTKyrYRMvT4

People tend to hate it because its more of a rock sound. Can't really blame them, all that waiting after The Fragile, it's not a good follow up.

I think another epic after The Fragile would be redundant.

I'm just saying what I heard for reasons why people hate it. I like the album myself. But the people who shit on it are either edgelord retwrds that say Reznor was only good on heroin and people who waited 6 years and expected more noisy record.

i think Trent took it easy with the album. actually, he said exactly that.
he wasn’t sure if he could make music anymore.

He felt instant inspiration as he started writting and he felt more confident during With_Teeth.
He said that before With_Teeth he was scared of releasing more accesible songs like "The Hand That Feends" his explaination was "No one will make fun out of 20 minute epic rock opera or whatever" and also went on to say "Making a pop song is fucking hard, making a pop song that doesn't make you feel like an idiot is even harder"
Keep in mind, Trent said this twelve years ago, today he has a different opinion.

And here are citations.

Pic related, my favorite one.

The Hand That Feeds is so great, I'm glad he decided to release it even if it's more accessible than what he was used to make.

I am glad Trent decided to went for a more stripped back sound with With_Teeth, I realy like stuff like The Collector and Getting Smaller, pure rawness.

I JUMP FROM EVERY ROOFTOOOOOOOOOP
I love the anger on The Slip, don't know why, but Trent's vocals are fucking great.
Angry Mature Trent is badass, that deep-ass voice is amazing.

GOT MY ARMS THEY DO FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP

yeah it's weird how With Teeth gets such a bed rep for being "mainstream" when the album has some of the best songs he ever wrote with The Hand That Feeds, Everyday Is Exactly The Same, Only, and especially Right Where It Belongs.

>not mentioning Sunspots, Beside You In Time, All The Love In The World or The Lines Begins To Blur

those are good too, I just picked four songs off the top of my head tbqhfam

>all this year zero love

Because it's an amazing concept record.

You actually listened to that shit?