I am going to withdraw from a mild/moderate alcohol habit tonight. Stay with me boys

I am going to withdraw from a mild/moderate alcohol habit tonight. Stay with me boys.
Advice appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_H94084MQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go get em

thanks bru

11 going on 12 years sober here.

Got someone with you? How 'bout tapering booze? got that?

Benadryl can help if you want to take the edge off.

As an AA/b/ I can tell you that you are fucked in the ass with a baseball bat unless you get in the program. Doesn't have to be religious, just believe that there is a higher power than you, can be anything. Lots of people white knuckle it for years but they are only dry rather than sober.

Get sleepy time tea extra. The stuff with valerian. Drink water and try to eat, you have to push all the toxins out. How much you drink?

How many drinks/day do you average?

>How 'bout tapering booze? got that?

this

shut up faggot. not everyone needs AA. I was an alcoholic for years and I quit by myself. Exercise and smoke weed

I needed aa. And I needed rehab.

Good luck user. I have a friend who's dying tonight probably won't make it till tomorrow from liver cirrhosis. It's caused his kidneys to fail he won't make it without a transplant and he's at the bottom of the list cuz he's an alcoholic

How many drinks/day do you average, dude?

OP here had a year sober and relapsed due to girl problems (i know im a faggot)

drank about 6 to 8 beers a night for 2 weeks, ended up on a semi-bender this weekend, 13 beers friday, 13 beers saturday, trying to taper now

not to be a bad influence but I went to a lot of NA and AA meetings and although it helped at first I didn't stay around much after the first 6 months to a year. I still wanted to smoke weed and felt a little guilty about going to those things since you're not technically clean or whatever but I quit hard drugs so weed seems so insignificant compared to what i used to do.

Not op but I drank a 5th a day and detox sucked ass. Lots of puking hard to keep water down

lightweight

If you only drank that much beer your fine. Won't even feel it fuck man, just work out so you can sleep and go to aa

thanks i hope so

i always get wretched anxiety though even after one night of drinking, plus insomnia. i think it'll suck a fair amount

got taper booze
nobody with me

I SAID STAY WITH ME

I'm with you but 8 beers/day probably isn't going to be dangerous for most people.

thanks man i genuinely appreciate it
it's just the fucking dysphoria and anxiety and shame about relapsing after a year, fucking gets to me

You may want to hit a meeting in the morning. Sounds like you don't have much to lose by just trying AA again. I will say a prayer for you tonight. Remember you don't ever have to be alone again

OP here might try a meeting or some sort of sobriety group, it's fucking hard to go it alone when the going gets rough

You'll be ok. It might hurt. For me its psychological, i remember painful things like they are happening again.
I made these in my heavy drug years
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_H94084MQ

Dont listen to this shill

thanks man, seriously

If the shakes are too bad, go to the hospital don't try and tough it out. Good luck

Doing the exact same thing. Woke up today and I realized I feel like I'm fucking rotting. My body is sore, and I'm just exhausted. A 27 year old shouldn't feel like he's dying.

I'm the definition of a functional alcoholic. Got a good job that I'm doing well at, but as soon as 5-6PM rolls around I just start slamming beers and taking shots alone. I used to be able to keep it to around 10-12 a night but in the past few weeks I've started losing count. On the weekends I usually end up downing 18 or more on Saturday and Sunday. Been on this routine for about six years now, and for four of it I had convinced myself it was normal.

Depressed, anxiety, etc. I've quit before for months at a time and they were fantastic. Drastically reduced my depression, anxiety, and I didn't feel like a rotting pile of flesh every single day. Looking forward to feeling that again. We got this bro.

Really though its most important to find other things to do, and if you do have a drink sometimes dont best yourself up just enjoy it. Make sure to work out and do things you love or find new interests.

Dont Beat yourself up**

yup yup, exact same as me

if youre just drinking at night you're a step ahead of some alkies who are hammered 24/7...but it'll be tough to quit all the same

not drinking tonight? tapering? got benzos? what's your status?

Going cold turkey. I've been lucky and can go days )or weeks) at a time without a drink and not feel any withdrawal symptoms. I have beer on hand in case I start getting the shakes but I've never gotten them before. Each year I quit for about a month or two and never have any withdrawal symptoms beyond the psychological ones (boredom, anxiety.)

that's good dude
i always get fucking awful anxiety, it's part of the reason i keep drinking...

Ugh, had to come off a short bender the other day/night. Eased off that day, then ventured into the night. Wasn't too bad since I don't usually keep up a bender for very long, but I still had elevated heart rate, mild sweating, and jerky limbs. Anxiety levels of course are the worst part

lurking to support OP, will bump occasionally

thanks man
tapering with red wine, slowly, obviously feel like shit emotionally but heart rate is reasonable, no shakes

sleep will be fucked up im sure

jesus lord i hate those jerky limbs as im trying to sleep, what a titanic load of horseshit

Does liver cirrosis causing major backpain