Do you fear death Sup Forums?

Do you fear death Sup Forums?

Nah me and him are good friends, we even go to the pub on fridays

not really. its moar like a litlle bit oft uncomfortable

"I'm not afraid of death; anytime is fine with me"

its the dying part i fear

Much Relate

Yep. The not existing part scares the shit out of me. I guess it's the same as before I was born but somehow different feeling. Actually dieing doesn't worry me as much as the dissolution and long dark teatime of the soul

"Why should I be afraid of dying? There's no reason for it. You gotta go sometime."

Absolutely not. I almost died, seriously, about 3 times. Been in an accident, had two heart-attacks.

>inb4 someone calls me fat
/fit/ as fuck. Used to take 4-6 scoops of preworkout daily. Back when they first came out. Most of them are banned. I await death, it's not scary.

Think about it. What is there to fear? The loss of sensation?

I like you

I don't know.

I'm sceptical of the whole heaven/he'll thing and I'm terrified of their being nothing after death

I fear not living life.

I don't fear death or the dying. What i fear most is not doing anything with the life i had.

Why? There would be nothing, like before you were born. That can't possibly be terrifying.

Not really. I don't inherently enjoy living, but I don't seek out death. So if I were in a near-death situation I wouldn't be too scared. I'd just kind of accept it.

anyone claiming to not fear death has no true conception of dying. If you literally don't fear death you are a moron. It will be the most compelling, otherworldly and existential experience you ever have.

From what we understand of dying it is a void like before you were born, no thoughts no nothing too some people that is better than living and thus no reason to fear it

Yes. I carry on like nothing matters, willfully do self-destructive and risky shit in the hope that something finally pushes me over the edge, but in the end there's still a reason I haven't killed myself. If I stabbed myself in the chest I could be dead instantly or within 3 minutes, and I'd be dead within 4-10 if I drowned in my own blood. But I'm afraid of dying. For now.

>anyone claiming to not fear death has no true conception of dying.
You're wrong, kiddo. The ancient Greeks literally had entire philosophies built upon the thought of their death. If you contemplate it enough, truly envision yourself dying, and imagining what it would be like, what the world would be like, it becomes nothing to you, as you basically already experienced it.

I welcome it, only way out of this shithole I'm in now

No. That would be illogical.

Absolutely not! My life has been a series of ups and downs and at the point I’m at, I don’t have a relationship girlfriend to depend on. My family is there for me but I don’t care for them as they’ve never supported me. I’m still in Highschool and although my life’s just starting, I don’t fear it. When I get older I feel I may but I’m atheist and don’t fear “heaven” or “hell”. Life’s good. Don’t tread on who or what’s hurt you in the past as long as you can push past it. Don’t be a sorry pussy and cry about something forever and you’ll be fine. Goodnight Sup Forumsros

death is honestly very comforting. knowing that I can stop all this pain whenever I want to is nice. It makes me not want to kill myself.

This.
You can either:
>kill yourself
>do literally anything else

I don't know man I just find the idea of not existing to be extremely scary. Fear of the unknown is also a big factor

You face the unknown every time you go to sleep. You may not wake up. Is that scary? Perhaps. But what can you do about it?

nope

Hello darkness my old friend..

i h8 emotional shit especially that song. fuck u now im depressed

Why fear the inevitable

>its the one thing in your life that's guaranteed to happen.

>tower climber
(Not the faggot fiber fairy 250' cell site homos)
I work on 1500' + towers I.E. S.D. N.D. wastes
And no...death is just another friendly reminder that I'm human
Anyone afraid of the inevitable is a fool

Obviously youve never been close.
>drink that kool-aid and get back to us.

I think 'we live on in other people's memories' in a more literal way than the trite way people normally use it. It's related to how I believe that there is only one conscious entity in the entire universe, and as individuals we're akin to someone pinching a small piece of that consciousness and twisting it into a shape that we regard as ourselves. Other people's memories of us, and in general, the effects of our actions as they reverberate through time- as they're felt by other, conscious, living beings, have the same fundamental suitability for hosting our consciousness, as whatever it was that we originally "were" while we were still alive. So be nice to people and shit.

Underrated post

Far too political, ego religious, and self absorbed. Dude. When you die that's it...you're dead, to think you have some "special place" in this universe is about as fucking retarded as arguing the shape of this rock we live on.

Yes, the concept of me feeling nothing is terrifying to me; although I know that I won't mind when I'm dead, I mind now.

>outlook that basically regards individuality as an illusion
>'self absorbed'
you need to go buy a dictionary or something

I lost my nephew and my dad this year. I don't fear dying but I don't want to go anytime soon. Fuck 2017. I can't wait until this year is over. But if it's taught me anything, it's that stuff like tv and video games are a complete waste of time. I just want to make the most of the time I'm here.

Yes and the fact that death is inevitable scares me. I hate that it's one of those things that you have no control over

Contradiction, young one.
If you cannot do anything about it, why would you fear it? What does the fear do for you? Is it comforting? Surely it's not; the fear is irrational.

Yeah, but just because you can understand that it's irrational doesn't make that fear go away.

I'm dying. Probably within the next 5 yrs.
i have a bad heart an no money to get anything outside of pills.
Works almost impossible, Ive no stamina any more.
The last heart attack took what little money I had and shit it right through the hospital money mill.
If I an hero my wife doesnt get my life insurance.
I am scared to leave my children here, but if I have another heart attack like I did..I wont ask for help or anything. Ill lay down and let it take me

yes

Yes it does.

Honestly no. It doesn't faze me at all. I'm not edgy emo that wants to die. I want to live I love life but no part of me is afraid of death or dying

how do pls

Not the guy you're responding to but he is right, just because you consciously recognise that something is irrational doesn't necessarily mean that it'll rid you of you of your fear, especially when it's instinctive and not learned; that's what makes anxiety disorders so hard for certain individuals.

da ya feir detta