Watch rate thread. No watches under $1000 allowed. POORFAGS BTFO!!! hehehehe ;)

Watch rate thread. No watches under $1000 allowed. POORFAGS BTFO!!! hehehehe ;)

>no watches under 1000$ allowed
Yeah I think I can manage that.

this truly amazes me...

looks like 10$ to be honest

0/10 would not wear even if i had the money

I do see about $ 1000 worth of McD in that pic

fake as fuck

my collection. Started a couple months ago

NIGGA WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOUR KNUCKLES

I am an electronics engineer and i am thinking of designing my own watch just for the challenge of it

since you seem to be appreciating good craftsmanship would you be so kind as to enlighten me just what feature in terms of quality you are looking for when you spend a 1000 dollars on a watch?

fucking polygonal hand

lol fake rolex and no knuckles. How fucking fat to you have to be, before you can't see your knuckles? When was the last time you saw your own dick?

Lardball

This nigga browsing Sup Forums from Lego City

why would you get the shit rolex? the cellini?

does it keep good time?

people dont care about the quality people just care about the brand. its a dick measuring contest in disguise. as long as it works and it doesnt break easily its pretty good.

You have a literal potato for a hand

if youre going for a really high quality watch, the most important thing for sure is the quality all the individual components. if youre an electronics engineer then most likely you arent going to design a mechanical watch.

luckily for you, quartz watches (which are "electric") can be just as good if not better at keeping accurate time than mechanical. so the really hard part wont be so hard. to make a quartz watch more impressive, you need to add a complication, such as the date/day or a chronograph.

make sure the dial is pleasing to look at since its what you see as soon as you look at the watch. the case should be high quality to avoid scratches.

as far as aesthetics go, you can really design it in any way you want. all different price ranges have all different kinds of looks

forgot to reply

Sweet fidgetspinners

garbage shit tier, save your money up for a good used automatic from a company that makes their own movement.

"Bruh, look at this dude
Wait till you see--"

"Hu hu hu oh no no no no"

*wheeze* "HA HAHAHAH AW LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HAND"

*wheezes* "LOOK AT HIS FINGERS" *wheezes*

you seem to know your watches good sir

what you said there about quartz is indeed true

fossil is the only one thats shit tier, its only for aesthetics if you find one you like. citizen is introductory yet pretty good watches. seiko makes a great watch. you dont need to drop 4 grand on a watch for it to start being good.

rather be poor with my huge cock than fat with a micropenis and a nice watch

im new to this hobby but have done my fair share of research and i know this will be something im interested in collecting for the rest of my life

Where is my Tissot boys at?

solar watches are garbage, any watch with a battery/capacitor is crap. Manual/Automatic movement designed in-house is a time piece. Yes, Seiko is quality, but only their automatics.

Since you seem to be fairly well experienced despite this being a new hobby

I am somewhat fond of a special brand of watch and a specific model from early 20th

regrettably i lost the watch that was given to me

the model has now been revised and looks differently

do you know if the expensive brands can remake the old models? if you send them a request? is this common problem?

I feel more people should have experienced my issue

i been thinking of going for a fake as those are available but it does not feel right

I'm your papi

>nobody posting tactical watches
/k/ here... I'll fix that

k thx bai

Ayy

A lot of people in here compensating for their tiny dicks with expensive watches lol.
I dont get why you would pay so much for something that barely has any use in 2017.
Dont you amish faggots have a phone?

>inb4 wrist watches weren't invented back then - go fuck your sister

He's a higher power, he doesn't need knuckles

>mfw

Mr potato, how are you doing?

You don't have to hate something because you're too poor to afford it.

Yeah I guess you're right man.

I'm gonna call around on my 1000$ phone and apologize for the inconvenience

If you're so yutilitarian why would you pay so much for a phone you fuckwit?

A $1000 watch is on the lower end. Educate yourself on things before you talk shit about them.

Since you are asking.

It DOES actually have a lot of useful features.

If you didnt have your head buried up your ass, you'd realize i dont care for watches.
Besides.
Are you some omniscient god who can tell exactly what I know and dont know about fucking wrist watches?
Tick tock faggot

Ayy

For me its a combination of simplicity, nostalgia and style

of course i cannot call anyone using my wristwatch

but that not the purpose

i want something simple and rugged

and something i can tell time with without having to be stressed out by text messages and phone calls

So does my $300 oneplus

>doesn't care for watches
>is in a watch thread
Wew lad

Horrisu shito

I like these, but the one thing i hate are the leather bands. When it gets a bit hot and I sweat, it feels terrible.

wrist watches weren't invented back then you fucking faggot

>Still no cute gf/trap gf

*Robocop theme intensifies*

Don't you have any clue why I came here?
I have been here for 15 minutes and I already pissed of countless sensitive beings - all while waiting to pick up my laundry

My Cocktail Time says hi.

Dude do you realize that you have the same watch used in Dexter? It's super rare

We could debate that.

I can get a watch that looks exactly like that from Khols for 30 bucks. I don't understand spending an arm and a leg for something that your phone does better anyway.

HI! (Waving furiously)

>I was just trolling guys
>can't afford a watch
>can't afford a washer or drier
You probably took public transport too.

>Don't you have any clue why I came here?
No I'm not some omniscient god

What is the watch?

Don't go fake, it's not what you want or had and You'll just look like a stooge.

Pic related, a piepan redux I bought. Rarely wear it tho.

Yeah I'm a fan of Dexter. Picked it up for 512$. A bargain since it's in mint condition.

I'll concede my phone doesn't fist my asshole for me but that's why I have a boyfriend you lonley sad little faggot

Tell me how a phone tells time better than a watch, wall clock, microwave, Big Ben, the sun. You realize you really are dumb, right?

Nah man I prefer to walk.
Besides that I'm only 20 and I'm moving out soon, dont know why I would invest a dime in a fkn washer or drier before I start a fucking family

I collect mechanical watches but have loved Casio for 25 years and have a sizeable g shock collection.

Need to add a databank.

>rare pepe

Nice, been eyeing the bay for one

Forewrist/10

>tactical

Don't call a watch tactical. Because retarded.

Pic related is my pag240. The best field watch ever made and Casio has never beaten it.

Kek, how dare you to impersonate Testoviron - God of polish onions?

good for both of you.

Now beat it, no faggots allowed here

so, for @ the first 25 years of my life, I had cheap watches. for a while I would spend up to maybe 100$ and even then it was like "damn, this is expensive" and they always broke.

then, I got tired of dropping that every couple years for a new watch and decided 'I'm just going to get this $9.99 watch... because fuck it all" and you know what, that thing was fucking indestructible. had it for years, worked flawlessly, just a cheap analog watch on a canvas band. at one point, I hit it on a metal corner and the thing exploded into individual components and you know what? I gathered them up, put it back together and snapped the lens back on and it all worked fine. I still have it in my desk, but I haven't worn it in 10 years.

And guess what, this one girl I was dating @30, her mom collected watches and had a ton of money. She gifted me this watch, some really fucking expensive thing, I looked it up and the thing was like 800 or 900 dollars. I was really uncomforatble accepting it but I did.

And guess fucking what, literally the first time this thing got dropped, it fucking broke and I cant fix it and have to send it to someone to fucking fix it. I never did, so it's just sitting in a box somewhere.

meanwhile, I have another 50$ watch that I've had since MOTHERFUCKING YEAR 2000 that still works fine and is fucking awesome.

>tldr: expensive watches not worth it in my opinion. replying to a troll, but meh.

Ayyy

You write like you're underage.

>some really fucking expensive thing, I looked it up and the thing was like 800 or 900 dollars
Like clockwork...

hamfist detected

also, why the fuck do most expensive watches look ugly as shit?

>a strawman says what?

this thread is gettting so old i dont think anyone falls for it anymore

Those Waltham watches look pretty nice. I gather they're old? I'll google. My only watch so far is my Breitling.

>yellow gold

the only people that like yellow gold are either women over 60 or Indian men

Took me over 2 years to find one worth buying and get it. The grey and red versions I found were a little easier to find, but all 3 were pretty limited and not easy to find.

Pic related entry level 6900 that is still very good and capable.

Dig it out and tell us what kind it is.

Bad fake. Hands are completely off.

Hello fellow f-17

>not posting the version with adventuring dial

It is Jacob the jeweller tho, gotta get dem diamonds

That movement is amazing