Her voice is so pure.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-A1PpCERQ0s
youtube.com/watch?v=I0fybOfazSU
youtu.be/HrXuvDRSwN8?t=4m6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

too white

youtu.be/-A1PpCERQ0s

Might have found an ultra rare pre-Alvvays Molly here. Looks like she's even performing with Alec and Brian.

Kevin Shields should really receive monthly residuals from every indie rock, indie pop and jangle pop band formed after 1991. The lack of creativity is honestly horrifying.

Alvvays don't sound like MBV, dip.

My god that was awful
I had to check to see if I wasn't on some girl's tumblr

The few videos I've watched, she doesn't look like she enjoys playing. She looks uncomfortable and like she's being forced to sing.

You know perfectly well what I'm talking about, you're not willing to be honest enough to admit it.

youtube.com/watch?v=I0fybOfazSU
Yeah, exactly no one took an influence from this.

Nope, not hearing it. You might have to actually explain yourself, it's hard I know but give it a shot.

>t. Solange

>Nope, not hearing it
I'm sure I'll take you seriously now with that argumentative answer. Dreamy, almost whisper-like vocals (female at that); Fender Jaguars, Jazzmasters and Mustangs; Tremolo arm strumming technique; Alternate tunings and capos; Guitar effect chains - reverbs, delays, reverse reverbs, pitch shifters, volume pedals, etc. But hey, some of the bands are doing this without a ridiculous amount of distortion. What an innovation!

Alvvays owes way more to Cocteau Twins and Jesus & Mary Chain than MBV, you're reaching here.

This is your ugly queen btw

>being this buttblasted about a generic jangle/indie pop band with a mediocre lead singer

It's a shame she will age like cottage cheese

I appreciate her as singer and as a person, but that doesn't mean I'll fall in love with her, wtf.

Do you ever encounter females IRL?

yo this is racist

(You)
(You)
>t. (You)

>holding the pick between your thumb and middle finger
shit how is this even possible

Mbv doesnt even use that much reverb on his guitar most of it is just studio magic and EQ

I wouldn't say it's studio magic. Listen to this:
youtu.be/HrXuvDRSwN8?t=4m6s
It's as if his guitar started whispering. Similar to what Kevin achieved.

He has a documentary where he talks about some of the stuff he does. He basically was friends with the studio engineers and they let him play with their stuff. Like for example that wah effect in only shallow was him messing with something in the studio and not even playing guitar. (I forget what it was though)

Weren’t they the people who said you should stop listening to them if you voted for trump?

Oh wait i meant the song i only said they did that. But in only shallow they had two big amps facing each other with one mic in between it to get that sound in the beginning.

is that her natural hair color?

Could you remember the name of the documentary? I'm already intrigued.

THEY"RE COOL BECAUSE THEY ALL LOOK BORED AND I TOO AM AN EMOTIONALLY UNDERDEVELOPED COLLEGE STUDENT WITH STRONG INTERESTS IN SOCIAL JUSTICE AND HIDING MY FEELINGS BEHIND A FACADE OF BOREDOM AND BAD FASHION

Why do so many indie bands go for dreamy barely-there vocals? It all sounds the same and boring as fuck

I think that was wavves

Simply - because it's one of the ways of making a living playing music if you're new.

In a lot of cases I suppose it's cause they are not actually that talented of a singer, and it just became a trendy aesthetic after that.

As much as I love Alvvays, Molly is only an above average vocalist. It really showed when I saw them live, her voice was quite different than on the s/t album, but in anti socialites they seem to have gone more with her natural sounding voice. Excited to see them in december

I cant remember but i dont think there are many