Does Sup Forums like jungle, breaks or drum n' bass?

Does Sup Forums like jungle, breaks or drum n' bass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u96ahqpitNc
youtube.com/watch?v=GY7ubB2X6GY
youtube.com/watch?v=an_doDWB_ow
youtube.com/watch?v=rNeS1kWwykM
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRmsOjqMmM
youtube.com/watch?v=0s5sTF12z3o
youtube.com/watch?v=TW0JwA1y90A
youtube.com/watch?v=VOneLnqJ1Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=CbUkOPwbJGI
youtube.com/watch?v=_J-lO3lPeBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gC3f7wq_1NY
youtube.com/watch?v=ad0wjIAHP0g
youtu.be/RrSVAvOBHKc
youtu.be/dp5Jfckz8Lg
youtu.be/uX9SZe08RKg
youtube.com/watch?v=pj37fG3QO7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=srrwvgaPZWw
youtube.com/watch?v=im2vh2aOjfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xfYS7JJ98Zw
youtube.com/watch?v=YTzrDqDw8-0
youtu.be/-YmJXuQ4UuA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Trash

didn't know ween was into this kind of stuff

Breaks

Breaks and DNB. Jungle is for niggAs.

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=u96ahqpitNc
youtube.com/watch?v=GY7ubB2X6GY
youtube.com/watch?v=an_doDWB_ow
youtube.com/watch?v=rNeS1kWwykM
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRmsOjqMmM

no fuck off. that shit is awfulm

I only like jungle with minimal ragga influence and no emceeing if possible. Also I like it darker and crunchy. I really like the recent jungle revivalism that's been going on the past few years.

anyone into progressive house? could use some recs

kys funkless apprentice

the absolute pleb
youtube.com/watch?v=0s5sTF12z3o

Quite a lot of the revivalism stuff is Ragga Jungle though, but I like Ragga Jungle the most so that's no big deal for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=TW0JwA1y90A
youtube.com/watch?v=VOneLnqJ1Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=CbUkOPwbJGI
youtube.com/watch?v=_J-lO3lPeBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gC3f7wq_1NY

Same, fuck MCs.

I really don't listen to jungle enough for how much I like it

Real shit
youtube.com/watch?v=ad0wjIAHP0g

I like jungle its massive

Dance music of the 1990s largely rejected the simple, jovial, hedonistic approach to body movement that had ruled since James Brown invented funk music in the 1960s. Disco, techno and house had simply imported new technologies (both for rhythm and arrangements) into the paradigm of funk. The 1990s continued that process, but further removing the "joy" of dancing from the beats, and, in fact, replacing it with fits of acute neurosis. One of the most important ideas to come out of Britain was "jungle" or "drum'n'bass", a syncopated, polyrhythmic and frantic variant of house, a fusion of hip-hop and techno that relied on extremely fast drum-machines, epileptic breakbeats and huge bass lines.

Few genres of popular music underwent so many changes and reached such ambitious heights as jungle did. Within a few years, jungle musicians were already composing abstract and ambient pieces, integrating breakbeats with pop vocals, adopting jazz improvisation.

moving shadow bless up

nice

I always thought Bukem was overrated, that was until I actually sat down and listened to Demon's Theme for the first time. That's proto-DnB, right? Can someone hmu with some more of that?

Here's a few tunes
youtu.be/RrSVAvOBHKc
youtu.be/dp5Jfckz8Lg
youtu.be/uX9SZe08RKg

no u

turn

>Moving shadow is now dead

Them and prototype were incredible drum and bass labels. BCUK also had a lot of good stuff released like planet dust and toxin

Drum and bass>jungle>breaks

I like Venetian snares, but the amount of amen breaks in his songs are insane. It's a good sample but that many times in a album just gets repetitive

Demon's theme came out in 91. Fucking 91, imagine hearing that shit back then. It's Breakbeat Hardcore, which is what turned into Jungle and later D&B.
youtube.com/watch?v=pj37fG3QO7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=srrwvgaPZWw
youtube.com/watch?v=im2vh2aOjfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xfYS7JJ98Zw
youtube.com/watch?v=YTzrDqDw8-0

Nice 1 m8.

I dunno, I used to love liquid drum & bass but I look back on those days in shame. Nowadays I can't stand most breaks. I don't do ecstacy so I can't enjoy Breakbeat Hardcore and Big Beat. I'm also turned off to jungle or drill 'n' bass that references jazz, or tries to achieve musical credibility by having ADHD high-speed breaks at 7/4 time signatures of whatever. It feels kind of tryhard to me. I mean, early Massive Attack made much more memorable music that speaks to real life at just 90 bpm.

Besides that, two other precursors were Radio Babylon by Meat Beat Manifesto and Bug In The Bassbin by Innerzone Orchestra.

So what do you like, gramps?

alec empire is underrated

I am a aspiring drum and bass rhythm game dev, I don't have the resources to participate in the community Howes currently. I want to use melodics and a mpc touch. Here's an example of the software/hardware I'm interested in.

youtu.be/-YmJXuQ4UuA

Detroit techno, house, and dub.