I don't know if i love my gf, Sup Forums. She's great, but i just don't feel much of an emotional/romantic connection

I don't know if i love my gf, Sup Forums. She's great, but i just don't feel much of an emotional/romantic connection.

What should I do? Any of you been there before?

i recently broke up with mine because of the same feeling. it's not easy, and i couldnt really tell her that, but it just wasnt the same emotion as when we first started dating.

I think i'm going to give it another month or two and see if anything changes. It really sucks though.

How did you even bring it up to her? I don't even know how to start. :(

a lot of shit had been going on, way too much to really wanna go into detail, but she knew i was leaving mid next year and that would end the relationship. I wanted to try and make it work out, but then came to the realization that I didnt LOVE her like I used to. I still cared for her, but just not the love that you should have for your significant other. So after going back and forth between stay and end, I told her that we should end it. We still talk, just not too much, and its just that awkward tension between us now.

Every time i get to about a year and a half in a relationship, i start to self destruct and pull away. I fought through it with the girl i'm with now and it's going well. working on two and a half years. Not very often do you still feel the way you do when you first get together. You have to find the things in them that made you like them in the first place. You're always going to look at the past fondly and think nothing's the same. and next year you'll be doing the same shit about this year.

Do you look like shit?
Are you fat
What race are you

Either she was a whore and thus cannot created a big soul tie because her soul is shatter from all the D she has taken, or your just not trying hard enough, try to develop a care for that person let go of your pride be humble but not a faggot, when you have sex with her truly embrace her to create that bond between you and her. But like I mentioned if she has been whoring around this might not work at all.

Femanon here, is she a crazy jealous bitch? How much time have you spent with her?

I guess for me, part of it is that even in the beginning, I didn't have too strong of emotions. I feel like i've been questioning and doubting my feelings about it since almost the beginning. She's honestly a great partner in all ways, but part of me knows that I should feel much stronger about things than I do.

>Decently good looking, slightly better than the average joe at the very least
>thin
>white

She's not crazy or anything. It's been about 6 months. I honestly don't know why i'm not feeling like I know i should, and like i have felt before with other partners. :(

Sometimes there's nothing wrong, just no enough chemistry between you and her.

So, if she's a good reasonable person talk frankly to her. It's the best thing to do if you sincerely don't want to hurt her feelings.

Don't ask to be friends for a while.

Shut the fuck you fucking bitch. Tits or gtfo

That's what i'm thinking. gahhh it really sucks.
She really is a great partner in almost every way. Part of me is afraid that if I break things off, I won't find anyone like that again. I know that's kind of an irrational thought, but it just makes it worse for me. uggghh :,(

You both will, eventually. I'm pretty sure she's going to thank you for the honesty, even if it's a bit hard right after your break up.

Be strong user, I believe in your brave and good heart.

Break up with her OP.
Do it now. Do it before you end up married to her. Do it especially before you have children with her.
It's fucking horrible falling out of love with someone when you have kids together. Don't be like me.

WEH DO NOT FUHGIV
WEH DO NOT FUHGIT

Cheat on her.
Unless she's a half decent writer. Then she might make a blog about you on medium. That's what happened to me..

Yeah. Years ago. Ended up breaking up with her, 2 years later wanted her back because I was getting depressed over life shit and she moved on. Realize that I was being a tard and there was a reason why I broke up and it was because I didn't feel it with her anymore.

I cringe at the fact that I submitted to despair and try to go back because she represented the stability in my life that I had for those 2 years when I had control of my life. I cut off all contact but I know shes married and has a kid today, that is what she wanted. I didn't want to get married and I didn't want to be a dad and I still don't. Needless to say, we weren't meant to be but I did learn a lot from that.

I think you should really think things over OP. I can't tell you but just don't lead her on because you both will be miserable. Maybe talk to her.

>Don't ask to be friends

This.. So much this. You need time apart after you break up. As a rule of thumb, it's generally not a good idea to be close friends with exs, even if it ends badly.

Definitely don't cheat on her with your ex

Thanks user, appreciate the support.

That sucks. I'll take your advice as well.

heh, i'm not a cheater, so i don't plan on doing that.

I want to at least remain friends with her. We get along really well. But yeah, maybe i should wait on that for a while.

What you call love is actually just a chemical reaction that drives us to breed. It slowly fails and fades with time, which is why no relationship feels as strong as when it first begins. Everyone gets trapped in a loveless marriage eventually. Your grandparents did it, your parents did it...break the cycle, focus on science.

nice rick and morty quote

my girlfriend felt that way about me
if you do end up breaking up with her, which i hope doesn't happen, whatever you do don't lie and say you'll still talk after you break up if you won't

correction: just don't lie at all

Yup, I came to that conclusion with a girlfriend I had for one month. Broke up with her on our one month, when we were celebrating by touring gingerbread houses, getting dinner, and ice skating. I let her down easy after a nice night.