/prod/

/prod/
You know what this is.
Advice, new gear, whatever, have fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/ozkoq5jv
soundcloud.com/clint_snow/gold-approach?in=clint_snow/sets/i-just-cant-stop-smilin
clyp.it/luke31pt
clyp.it/lt4erldi
discord.gg/hTT5ZJe
clyp.it/npl0qhip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

clyp.it/ozkoq5jv

What tips can you give on improving this mix and song?
Sounds, instrumentation, etc...
Better vocals incoming BTW

do better!

soundcloud.com/clint_snow/gold-approach?in=clint_snow/sets/i-just-cant-stop-smilin

clyp.it/luke31pt

any tips of how to mix the multiple vocals better?

you have all the instruments multitracked or what? id say the drums could do with a a boost in the highs. same with the guitars plus some boosting. the backing distorted vox are pretty close to where they need to be. the main vox need to go down sooooooo much. this is like a legit song though loads of mixing issues

if theres no way to increase the fidelity of your instruments atleast try to match it with the vox

Thank you very much for the help!
Only the riff and the solo aren't multi tracked. I'll lower the voice right away, and try to up the drums and guitar highs.

will be thankful if some of you anons share korg polysix/monopoly banks

Any suggestion on how to lower the fidelity of the voice?
Any plugins or methods?

literally cut the highs and/or saturate shit. Like thats some bad production advice in general but i think it applies when the rest of your signals are pretty lofi. what daw you use? im sure youve got built in plugins thatll work.

Hi yall, idk if this question belongs here because its about equipment. Im thinking of buying a midi controller with keys (i play piano), and i could use some advice. Budget is about $300, but can vary if its worth it. I use ableton btw (actually i dont use anything since im learning, but abletons the only one i fidgeted about with)

>literally cut the highs and/or saturate shit. Like thats some bad production advice in general but i think it applies when the rest of your signals are pretty lofi. what daw you use? im sure youve got built in plugins thatll work.

I'm using Pro Tools.
There's the LoFi plug in, but I'm afraid it will sound too much like digital distortion, making it sound even worse.

roland has a midi interface that costs like 30 or 40 bucks. then go to a pawn shop and get a keyboard with midi output for like 20 to 50 bucks. if your soundcard already has midi input then its even easier

lofi is a great plugin and exactly what you need there, distortion and lowpass in one

first adjust the volume of the vox so shit isn't so loud. then get an eq filter and play with cutting some high frequencies in a comb filter way(google it) then disable the filter and add a saturator make shit marginally less crunchy then the backing vocals and put the eq filter after it.

Buy some cheap one with velocity sensitivity, and learn to use a DAW.
When you're sure that this is something you enjoy sell the one you have and buy a better one, if you'd like.
I use an M AUDIO Keystation 32 and I'm happy with it.
Buy something used and then upgrade.

he already plays piano though so maybe anything less than 49 keys would be a mistake. solid advice otherwise

I'd just get any used stage piano / digital piano type thingy, these usually have a midi out you can use (newer ones often directly via usb)
having a full sized hammer action keyboard as a master keyboard for the DAW is a blessing for any piano player as most cheaper (unweighted) midi controllers feel like ass if you're used to the real deal

So if im getting this right youre saying i can use they piano i already have (roland fp30, it has both midi and usb outs) as keys and run it thru a keyless controller to a pc? I wanted to fuck around with wheels and knobs, map them on ableton and have some fun.

If i got it right: which 'keyless' controllers would you rec?

Also, thank you for the input!

>tfw formatted my laptop and thought I saved my sound packs but I didnt

I guess I'll start again. I didn't lose anything substantial, but It kinda sucks

Anyone know where I can get Izotope Rx5 (preferably 6 but I know that is impossible) free for mac?

Need to get rid off some hiss from analogue mix - I hear their stuff is better than Audition for example for doing this.

yeah, just get something like a nanocontrol to make a great versatile controller out of your piano

Well that sucks.

I have around 25 gigs from 8-9 years of hoarding. I use maybe 15% of it on a regular basis and maybe 30% occasionally. The rest just sits there gathering digital dust, but I cant be bothered going through it sorting out the useless shit because it's 25 gigs.

>clyp.it/luke31pt
theres some very audible distortion on the vocals and mix in general (the unpleasant type) or some effect. Fix that. It doesnt sound lofi if that was the intended effect, it just sounds poorly recorded.

You need to make place for the vocals in the mix. You need to scoop out the frequency range of the voice out of the instrumentals. About 2 - 4 db in the 800hz - 3khz zone should do it. You need to finetune this by ear or you might scoop out too much out of the instrumental.

Also panning. The guitars and vocals take up the same space in the stereo field, making it sound clustered. Pan the guitars 75-85% left/right and the vocals a more center 15-25% left/right. Or opposite if you feel experimental.

Composition wise. There's a bit too much going on, that might add to the mix not sitting right. You should consider removing an element.

Nice voice though.

how to get a good oscillator sync sound

So /prod/ died with summer and you guys are still trying to force it huh

clyp.it/lt4erldi

meant to export at 0:30, not like it matters

seems to me that it is someones opinion that it dies every year.

It comes and goes.

thanks a bunch for the feedback dude! got the mix sounding way better so far just with filtering and panning. also was definitely trying to force the two vox to go together. removing on when i layered helps a lot. appreciate it

my buddy's hard drive crashed and he lost an entire album he was getting close to releasing. pretty upsetting

I like it, but xxxtentacion might not be the right type of rapper for that beat, could suit Bones type voice.

Be careful of low frequencies, you got some shit down in the 20-25 hz area. get rid off that. You can cut out anything under 40-50hz on that bass and add another clean sine bass an octave over the original one. That way you have the rumbly bass sound and a strong bass that isnt so low that the sub will bottom out.

Anything under 25hz is useless and will only make your bottom end sound like shit. Most PA systems roll off at 28-30 hz. There are systems that go lower, but they are few and expensive high end and not something you'll find in an average club.

Check out the Bedroom Producers Discord!

Nice comfy community where you can share your projects, get feedback and just chat about whatever with other musicians.

discord.gg/hTT5ZJe

sync your oscillators

clyp.it/npl0qhip

>samples
>vaporwave