What does Sup Forums think of this album?

What does Sup Forums think of this album?

Best REM album imo

wtf i hate radiohead now

One of the best albums of the 90's, but Murmur is a better REM album.

EVERYBODY HURTS

Their first album I would call altogether bad.

If not for Star Me Kitten, it would be perfect

Masterpiece

That Logic song made me appreciate this one way way more. It's still a bit hamfisted but next to that trainwreck this is like a masterclass in subtlety and delicacy.

Good, but I prefer Murmur

R.E.M.'s last great album was Document. I really thought more people agreed with me.

One of my favorites, second best album of the year.
[spoiler]Better than Murmur.[/spoiler]

Better than Out of Time, Document, Green, and all of the albums that followed it but not as good as Murmur, Reckoning, Fables, or Pageant.

A lot of people think R.E.M.'s last great album was New Adventures in Hi-Fi. I'm one of them.

R.E.M. were never bad. They were just never as good as they were in the 80s.

It's at least better than Fables. I'll give you the other three though.

I agree with this.

I actually like Up more than that one.

NIGHTSWIMMING

Fables is underrated as fuck.

Fables is such a mixed bag, half of it is exemplary and the other half is intermittently cheesy, underdeveloped, or both.

great album, find the river is one of my favourite songs

Wendell Gee is a godtier closer though.

Personal 10/10
All tracks are fantastic

It is? I'm assuming the "cheesy" one is Can't Get There From Here. Which are the underdeveloped ones?

*deletes Ignoreland*

Old Man Kensey
Auctioneer
Good Advices

Mainstream 90's pop/rock in the best possible way. When I'm in a certain mood no album scratches that itch as well as this one.

I think it's great.

Well for one the chord progression of Old Man Kensey sounds just like Feeling Gravitys Pull and it's one of Mills' more forgettable bass lines. Good Advices sounds like Camera from Reckoning put through the hokey new weird Americana songwriting filter they were stuck on for this album, but not nearly as good.
Nah, Auctioneer is an example of the eerie vibe they were going for done right.