youtube.com/watch?v=Pc5io_mSSGY
youtube.com/watch?v=I55xCYKTfGI
youtube.com/watch?v=GNZD8eG3-GA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HOSANNAH TO THE SON OF DAVID

Is Igorrr metal?

too early faggot

>tfw poo in the loo
>all my favorite black metal stuff outside the essentials like Blasphemy, Beherit, and Samael is all some kinda far right/NS/white supremacist based
Wtf is wrong with me?

Anyone have a good /stonermetal/ chart?
I'll exchange you this

>this website makes you insult your own country.

post what you're listening to right meow

youtube.com/watch?v=hBfIjSuLgcE

wow, a modern Relapse band that doesn't suck ass.

Sounds like you're new here. Yuropoors, slavshits, burgerfats, etc. everybody's got a dumb ass name.
youtube.com/watch?v=Jrsi21wSouE&bpctr=1506386855

What does /metal/ think about them?

My favorite band when I was like 6, have a soft spot for um

Surprisingly consistent, I just wish they had more variety in structure and their overall sound was slightly heavier.

Who gives a shit what the lyrics are?

I like it.

old

Funny how their two most famous songs are some of their worst

median age of this thread: 15

Thoughts on Anaal Nathrakh?

gud

enough nu male shit in this threads
fuck atmoshit and poser dm

same and idc. im not exactly having dinner with blackgoat or rob darken any time soon. and fuck off to all the white progressives trying to shut down any discussion of those bands either.

Good album.

youtube.com/watch?v=MTAPUlxz2_g

It's just weird, especially when a lot of the guys I often end up interacting with from the local scene tend to lean far left.
Check out pic, my man.

>poo in loo
stop degrading yourself, Pajeet, you come from a metal as fuck warrior culture

midnight is a poser tourist band

t. tourist

all black n roll is a tourist trap

Good ritual metal?

t. tourist

What if one guy composed better albums of all the best bands of basically each metal genre, played all the ( sometimes extremely virtuosic ) parts himself, basically did the entire thing himself and gave it all away for free, and had insane output, like a professional produced album every year that beats out all others or most others of the genre? And let's just say for appeal that he's very young, like early 20s.
I'm serious even if you don't believe it's possible then just think of it as a thought experiment. What you think would happen to metal and the music industry in general?

if it makes you feel any better, we'll let you live on the day of the rope.

Yeah, what if...

Aye check em out

and what music do you listen to?

Such a feat could be done should an autist of high enough caliber have an endless supply of chicken tendies and good boy points
non-meme answer: Quorthon and Dan Swanö are as close as you'll get to such a person, but they're incredibly flawed individuals who obviously don't cover the scope of all of metal
Quite frankly you want a wunderkid to come out of nowhere and save metal, but it will never happen because muh division of labor, muh hierarchy and so on
Even if some user did exist who was a musical genius and logistical genius, do you think he'd waste that talent on metal or straight up invent some other genre of music altogether?

Why isn't Terminal Redux on this list?

>Tech thrash with "harsh" vocals
idk you tell me

How is Dan Swanö an incredibly flawed individual? I don't know enough about the guy and I don't know exactly what to look up to find out the bad stuff about him.

He fell for the proge meme after his wife divorced him

The first salvo of the indie-metal revolution came through bands like Isis, Gojira and Mastodon who combined proto-metal with indie rock and progressive pop punk, creating longer songs that used metal riffs and aesthetics but other than superficially entirely resembled what the previous generation of indie rock and emo, notably Fugazi, Jawbreaker and Rites of Spring, had made the mainstay of their own successful careers. As the "melting pot" of indie metal continued, other styles emerged, such as "sludge" which erupted from Eyehategod's punk rock take on the slowed-down dirges of Black Sabbath and Saint Vitus. Other bands took inspiration from the rising "progressive metal" movement which Dream Theater popularized with its mix of heavy metal and light progressive like Rush, and as bands like Cynic and Atheist drifted further into jazz technique, this snowballed together and formed a set of techniques which were recognized as more difficult than standard rock playing thus desirable. Further indie rock crossover occurred when Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl formed Probot, a metal band that sounded more like alternative rock (Grohl's former bandmate, Kurt Cobain, identified Celtic Frost as the major influence on Nirvana).

Another good album. I actually almost posted that in response to Midnight user too.

Eventually this spread outward through "technical death metal" which, inspired by Gorguts _Obscura_ and other works in the death metal genre, applied death metal aesthetics and technical playing to an indie/death metal/metalcore hybrid. At this point an aggregate, this music followed more of the mainstream path, mixing the light jazz of the 1970s and 1980s with progressive heavy metal technique and indie rock. Its sense of technicality arose from the percussive death metal bands following Suffocation, Incantation, Malevolent Creation, Immolation, Gorguts, Pestilence and Deicide who incorporated intricate rhythms and "sweeps" which sound notes cleanly moving from lower to higher strings on the fretboard, but in the newer form this technicality fit into the late hardcore model of songs which aim for maximal contrast and minimal coherence beween riffs. With that in mind, this style was probably always misnamed as "technical death metal" because it has little in common beneath the surface with death metal, and much more in common with indie-metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=GMviPeHz_Lc

What was Quorthon's problem anyway? Why did he lie about everything? Why was he afraid of live performances? Did he fake his own death?

I know those guys are on a different level but I'm talking about beating the game. Metal doesn't need saving. I'm just wondering what would happen.

Let's say some kid had as many voices as King Diamond, had the virtuosity of each member of Dream Theater, had the depth of Ulver, the balls of Lamb of God or Children of Bodom, the evil of Mayhem.. all of these bands when they were at their best. You may not like my picks but you get my point.

If he were to create a new genre, which one would he sacrifice in order to do so..? But I'll let the question be for now.

They'd suffer in obscurity. (which would obviously only make them better)

Not really blackened.

Heroin is a hell of a drug and can turn a viking into a wigger

Viking metal and pagan metal aren't legitimate sub-genres. People need to get over themselves and admit that.

true about pagan metal but viking metal is basically folk metal with less fiddles

I'm listening to The Puzzle right now, and goddamn when the heavy part kicked in it excited me like no other thrash metal has ever excited me before.

Did anybody notice that Ross Dolan always has the same button up shirt whenever he plays live?

They're just styles with a certain aesthetic that borrow elements from various genres, mostly folk, but also black, death and trad.
Amon Amarth is bonafide meloshit, but they're viking metal
Bathory was black/thrash, but they're viking metal
Black Sabbath was "viking metal" on Tyr

Viking metal is just the unfortunate term we're stuck with for epic, Bathory influenced heavy/black metal, even if the lyrics aren't viking at as with Primordial or Hades.

Virgin Killer is the best album cover of all time

Has that rumor ever been confirmed?

midnight is a metal boy band men shoudlnt listen to them

First Wave= Best Wave

this is how a metal bass player should dress

Only for the Trve Clochard

this disturbs the tourist

This is how a metal bass player should dress

youtube.com/watch?v=Pc5io_mSSGY :^)

>inb4 naked Peter Steele

This is how a metal bass player should dress

>If he were to create a new genre
An entirely new genre? I don't think that's possible.
Perhaps some well done hybrid, but I don't think something entirely unheard of will be created again in metal.

>HEAVY metal

>Let's say some kid had as many voices as King Diamond, had the virtuosity of each member of Dream Theater, had the depth of Ulver, the balls of Lamb of God or Children of Bodom, the evil of Mayhem..
christ

who else has benis pics out other than Peter Steele?

The only thing I can't stand about them is that they don't have a human drummer. All programmed.

Well a new genre wouldn't be metal, would it?
Inventing subgenres happen every other year though

Is there anything newer than Djent yet?

Let's say some kid had as many voices as Sammy Hagar, had the virtuosity of each member of Venom, had the depth of Led Zeppelin, the balls of Passage d'Hiver or Darkspace, the evil of Rob Zombie...

My boy Ledney never disappoints

viking riffs are different than mid tempo black riffs

PRAISE THE LORD

Dave Hunt said that they could record an album with the dude that plays with them live, but that it would literally make no difference in how it sounds.

hi FIFH

Essential brown metal?

Hi

Is there any bestial bands more extreme/intense/abrasive/other-wordly/whateverthefuck than either Tetragrammacide or Nyogthaeblisz? Or has bestial black as a genre hit a wall?

I'd have to hear fully produced samples of each to make a real comparison but even if it's true, it's still bittersweet knowing it's not an actual dude militantly battering away.

Besides that tho I don't find any of their stuff bad but Hell is Empty(...) is my favorite from them

please fuck off again, no one likes your shitty vice-noisey metal

youtube.com/watch?v=I55xCYKTfGI

Another one of those oppressive, depressive, forced-dissonance black metal albums stretched over more than an hour, turning the listening experience into a chore, almost like being back at school doing homework that stinks. Sitting through albums like this makes you appreciate just how good your favourite music is. Sort of like eating really bad food and then appreciating even more what a juicy, fresh, well-made pizza is.

Or like being in prison for a while and then experiencing freedom. Maybe that's why black metal fans listen to these morose-sounding monotonous black metal non-masterpieces: they make them feel better once the music stops. Suddenly they realize there's nothing to be depressed about coz there are far worse things than being unpopular or overweight or whatever trifles kids get morose over.

Unoriginal, uninspired, drawn out and generic. The focus once again isn't on songs, but on mood and other black-metallian nonsense.

>recommended videos
>Incorrigible Bigotry

That's too well written to be noktorn, still pretty bad though.

recommended videos are based on what you watch

>not clearing your history everytime you close the window

>recommended videos
>Metallica - Hardwired To Self Destruct (2016)

>not using private/incognito mode

youtube.com/watch?v=GNZD8eG3-GA

>not getting finding great based based solely on their names and album art through youtube related videos
seriously though. on Drowning the light videos I only get evilfeast suggestions. I listen to those ones and then only get DTL suggestions.

>not throwing away your pc

>not getting finding great based based
u wot

>Recommended videos: Ketzer, Depeche Mode, Funhaus

The uploader uploaded that album at the same time. :^)