Can any medfags chime in? Why am I finding small, trace amounts of blood in my phlegm...

Can any medfags chime in? Why am I finding small, trace amounts of blood in my phlegm? I’ve got a cold or flu and I woke up with a sore throat if that’s of any relevance and this is the second time I’ve snorted up some phlegm from my nose and found a bitty amount of blood. any insight?

wtf i had the same thing happen to me this morning

Hello im a professional retard so dont take anything i say to heart but it could be you ripped a little bit of your throat lining or you could worse case maybe have a stomach ulcer? Not a doctor but ive had it happen to me before and it went after a little while

Same here, I went the the sink, coughed and had phlegm just like in OPs pic
Is something going on?

You're sick, and your sinuses are raw. Take a decongestant. And an expectorant. And a cough suppressant (or weed). And quit fucking smoking.

cancer caused by nerve gas. nice knowing you

It's the cold air, you're fine
Have a nice day

It's normal to have a bit of blood in your phlegm if you have a particularly nasty infection.

You have cancer

Your modelating capacitor has blown a fuse. Do you have a spare wire gauge laying around?

This is retarded advice. You shouldn't take a cough suppressant if you have a productive cough. You should only take them for dry coughs.

You take a cough suppressant if you're coughing so much you're fucking yourself up whether the cough is productive or not, imbecile. That's what the expectorant is for.

this happened to me last week. when I got checked out I was positive for strep

Op here, I don’t have a cough.

Expectorants and cough suppressants are mutually exclusive of each other. If you buy a medicine that has both you are literally paying for extra ingredients that work against each other.

>cough suppressants and expectorants cancel each other out
Holy fuck

First of all gross pic

But with that said if you are worried or this continues see a doctor. But with small strains of blood usually it is just something with your throat. Possibly if you have a cold you have coughed a lot which has caused a small wound in your throat. Something similar happen to me when I puked blood during a drinking session. I went into the hospital (of course) and they found nothing.

You're fine.

Do you freak out this much when you have a small nosebleed? Of course not. Nosebleeds are just tiny vessels in your nose bursting because they're so thin.

Your nose and your throat are connected, obviously, because that's how you breathe. All that happened is when you coughed up your phlegm some blood came from your nose. Either that, or the blood was from your gums, which is equally as harmless.

Don't worry, user, you're good

Thanks, it’s a bit troubling when I try to look on WebMD and they’re positive it’s me coughing up blood and not me snorting up mucus and then they tell me I have lung cancer

You don't have lung cancer, you have pneumonia.

It's what happens when you get a cold you hypochondriac

Yeah, that's your first mistake. Never try to look up symptoms yourself unless you want to have yourself convinced a minor illness is terminal.

Your pipes are inflamed and infected from the cold/flu virus. It's normal to have small flecks of blood in the phlegm you cough up.