Why did you learn English?

Why did you learn English?

because they teach it in school

American influence.

To be able to verbally abuse a much larger audience.

What other languages do you have the option of learning?

i played warcraft 3 when i was a kid

Were you any good at it?

They made me at school

I didn't mind because it made playing Crash Bandicoot easier, and now I speak it better than an average burger

french or german

no but it taught me english

>now I speak it better than an average burger

Videogames and youtube
Almost no one actually learns english in school here

What languages do you learn in school then?

America

DOS manual was in english.

¿QUÉ?

Scorchio!

because of educational mandatory

because we invented it

So I could watch new One Piece episodes after they stopped airing it on TV. Also more effective shitposting in a WoW private server forum.

Unironically because of Naruto. Couldn't understand the plot because I sucked at English, so I learned it in like a few months. The fact that it's my father's native language might have helped tho 2bh senpai

other "people" that studied it in school for 12 years can't really understand phrases and such. It kind of feels like they memorised a phrasebook or smtn baka

Dog bless anime

Damn nice tits girl.

Almost everything on the internet at the time when I stared using it was in English.

Because we moved to England I was 6

These

My only regret is we don't speak Ænglisc, instead of this bastardized Normanosaxon

Because they taught us in school and then I decided to keep doing it because I wanted to properly speak it, unlike many native English speakers.

Thats not how it works in a lot of countries. English is a mandatory class

See

School.

But it's good because now I can Shitpost.

cus i have no friends and people in polish internet are close-minded as fuck. the only thing you can do here is entertain yourself with youtube videos for normies, educational sources in international internet, for which you need to know english, are much better and bigger

to shitpost on the internet lol what is this stupid question

I learned vocabulary by translating song lyrics and playing videogames. I didn't learn grammar, though, i just infered it from the order of various sentences, which is the reason of why i fuck up with syntax so much.

based paki

I played a lot of Final Fantasy 1, 2, and Tactics as a kid. I wanted to know what the fuck I was doing, it came by itself.

i learned it in school with french

no, english is mandatory
but then you get a 3rd language class where you pick german or french

Is your French as good as your English?

wasted quints
be ashamed

Spread the word

I was forced.

I sometimes wish I had been fully fluent in French.
Trying to catch up now.

You can't not learn english if you spend all day on the internet. Couldn´t learn it in school either.
Recentl, i developed a passion for literaure, so now i'm learning french too

It was all unintentional, played a lot of vidya and watched Cartoon Network as a kid, all in english

It's not that I like the langage, just that it is kind of a requirement now.

Job? English is always a big asset.
Browsing the internet? You usually get far more results than in your native langage.
Cultural stuff? Well, a big part of it is American.

That's why I learned it. Also, compulsory subject at school.

such a waste

Hi!

Aren't you irish? Shouldn't english be your native language?

was literally forced against my will to speak english since the day i was born. too much pressure from society to be h

irish people like to pretend that irish is their native language haha

It was the only option to communicate in Runescape, I was left with no choice. Furthermore Cartoon Network influenced learning process.

I really like the UK so I learned it instead of French

Why bully me, Filo? ;(

Are you a native Irish Gaelic speaker

to shitpost about america on Sup Forums obviously
/thread

Not very good at it.

american imperialism

notice me

did you come here in 2004 arek?

notice me

i don't know why

i wanted to understand what was happening in the game boy games i had

To access content that wasn't available in my language. Which at the time was basically manga, anime and games.

But I never had the intention to learn it, I just consumed so much English content that I ended up learning it.

English medium or Urdu medium? Also does Punjabi medium even exist?

I learned it because with all those cracks for games and shit I needed it to be able to crackand play games in english, also for movies and series since it takes a fucking aeon to dubs to masterrace italian language so I needed to settle down to inferior anglo one.

internet, youtube and talking or hearing

i have never studied for english at school but always got A+ grades , dunno why its so easy for me though

my bepper

why didn't you play the french version?

Parents forced me.
For 3 years i woke up at 7 am on fucking saturdays to attend a private english school for 5 hours, torture for a poor 7 years old kid. All of my friends went to soccer, baseball,swimming schools and had fun at their weekends.

heheh true

You can shitpost with your international friends now. And what can your friends do?

>in another life my parents didn't leave new caledonia and I would have been raised a superior francophone

i didnt, it came naturally as a kid, i cant ever remember having trouble with english, i was always exceptional at english classes too

You can easily communicate with people around the world and it's quite easy to learn. But I don't understand why schools in europe prefer teaching british english instead of the US one, just because british isles are closer to us. I mean, I don't give a shit about UK, USA is much more important and relevant.

I did not, it's an embarrassment of a language.

robot

thanks

So my family is VERY hardcore Amish. But they speak ONLY Polish. It's really funny thinking back to the days where all we had was a Polish bible and travelling around Ohio like we didn't give a damn and English was beneath us.

Then I met this girl from Cleveland when I was around 10, and I hated her. So I bought this used bible in English and literally learned how to curse her out everytime we met in town. My pronunciation was shit though since I knew how to phonetically say things, but things like "piece", "sea", "young" and well, you get the idea, I sounded like a fucking idiot for a long time so she kept correcting me as a sign of disrespect.

And Eventually she got hotter and somehow she like me more, and I eventually started getting feelings too. So I actually learned more English just to make sure we actually could talk. We kept sending letters to one another for like six years.

Then rumspringa happened in my age group and she convinced me to get a GED and attend college with her in Brooklyn.

So I lived with her family in Cleveland for like a year attempting to understand everything from "how to properly Nerd" by mass consumption and the Internet.

Now, I'm attending BAM somehow on a scholarship and loving it. Also, my English is probably far better in writing than it is spoken.

I still talk with a Polish accent and with and Amish inflection. Everyone asks where in Europe I hail from, and I tell them I'm from Ohio. Yeah, that still sends people for a loop.

kek

Because all English teachers are MUH UK because it sounds better and has more attractive history and has this arrogant air about it

dumb bitch gave me 80% from essay because i used American slang instead of ''proper English''

nary a pixel reached the peripheries

English is mandatory.

Then when you reach upoer primary you can chose between: spanish french german and russian.

Russian is rarely an option tho because lack of teachers knowing the language.

because of educational mandatory

One of my high school teachers did the same

because it's the lingua franca on the internet, because vidya was in english and because much of research and monographs on everything is in english

Because Doctor Who.

because TV, movies and vidya are all in english and I hate subtitles
because I want to be able to communicate with foreigners
because it's lingua franca and if you refuse to learn it, you're a spoiled douche
because I feel so superior when I can understand everything fat americunt tourists are saying while they hear from me is "börk, börk"
because americunts/britbongs call me """""""bilingual""""""" and are envious of this """""""super power"""""""

he means that they have english classes but no one bothers putting in any effort

Because clicking makes you surrender in that version.

To infiltrate the West and destroy it from within.

What the fuck

Vocaroo now

My parents sent me to class when I was 8 because "it's going to be good in the future".

Little did they know i'd become such a failure that hasn't finished highschool yet.

back in my hometown society was kinda... competitive let's say
other parents were into putting their kids to study english at this institute, so my mother put me there too
and yeah this but i aced all the tests and even would correct the teacher, it was that bad

I played stupid games and stared at TV. I really didn't learn much more at school. It just started to make sense.

You need to do an AMA on here bud. This kind of thing is a very unique and obscure experience that's not often found outside the US (as far as industrialized countries go).

i remember this kid from luxemburg who i played runescape with in like 2008-10

is it u my friend?