Who here /tinnitus/?

Who here /tinnitus/?

How long have you had it and how has it changed overtime? Better/worse or stayed the same, and why? I've had it for a year and I swear it is only getting worse even though I stopped going to any concerts or using earbuds/headphones completely.

Other urls found in this thread:

helda.helsinki.fi/bitstream/handle/10138/27440/investig.pdf?sequence=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a doctor.

I have. Apparently I have some ETD. Taking Flonase to hopefully stop it.

Almost 5 months now, the buzzing got significantly reduced after seeing an audiologist & getting rid of earwax. It's really mild I can only hear it in quiet rooms but trying to sleep in complete silence is still pretty hard

I've had it since I was like 14, I'm pretty sure it was a loud concert that did it, just one. I guest some people are more sensitive to developing it than others.

It used to be pretty bad to the point where I was searching for cures and supplements, that are probably snake oil anyway. But eventually it got better and now I barely notice it. Whether it actually got better or I just got used to it I can't say, but it doesn't really matter either way I guess.

I had earwax too. That's what started it. It was so loud then I could easily hear it over a 100dB freeway. Now I can only hear the tinnitus at 45dB max, but it was reduced to 37dB earlier.

Just plug your ears and measure it out overtime. That's what I've been doing and why I can say mine has been getting louder.

Fuck that has got me worried. My left ear been sort of blocked for months, it's pretty tempremental and pressing downwards on my jaw clears it temporarily, which leads me to believe it's just wax. If you can get tinnitus like this I'll deffo get it syringed.

Good because impacted earwax is a huge cause of tinnitus. However if you get it fixed shortly after tinnitus onset then the tinnitus will most likely completely go away. Be sure to use earwax drops 3 days before you get your ears syringed or else it could cause tinnitus/make it worse permanently from damage.

I've had constant slight tinnitus in my right ear for a couple years now. Sounds like a CRT TV.

Don't get your ear syringed. It's loud enough to overload your hearing and when I got it done it shot the wax around and cut my ear canal, clogging it with dried blood for two months until an ENT could dig it out. Ask the doctor to refer you to an ENT, it might take a while to get in but it's worth it. You can also try oil drops but I haven't had experience with those yet.

My right ear's wax smells like something rotting, and a lot of the times when i take my earbuds out there are clumps of wax on them. This ear has had drainage problems before
What do?

thanks anons

I never think about tinnitus, I usually avoid talking about it or reading about it, even in this situation. I don't think I have it, but I make sure I never think on it.

wear earplugs at shows. that's it.

Got it from an accident 4th of July this year. It hurt really bad when it happened and I couldn't hear anything, thought it would gone away after a week. It hasn't. Permanent damage I think. Haven't gone to doctor cause I kinda know it's fucked. Can barely deal with high frequency, just hurts after a bit.

Fuck my life, protect your ears :(

Is it somatic (You can change volume or tone by moving your jaw or neck)? If so then you can seriously reduce it or eliminate it next year when Signal Timing is released. According to some people who were in the trials online it reduced the tinnitus by 75%.

Yeah moving my jaw changes it. Really hoping there's time it will stop

I hope but according to some polls done of the overall tinnitus community, it gets worse in 56% of sufferers.

BUT In your case since it was a single incident, there's a 70% chance you will recover and your tinnitus will go away according to some research done on military vets after discharge. Just take care of your ears.

You should go to a doctor anyway to see if it was ruptured, that's really important to know if you ever intend to go swimming or use ear medication in the future.

I know that since my dad got his ruptured and had to wear ear protection while swimming after. So I know the symptoms and doesn't appear I ruptured it. No blood or anything and i went swimming a month after and it didn't hurt.

That gives me aa little hope, will probably go to doctor eventually. Thanks for the info

I have a mild case of it. It's not ringing, it's just a constant tone, and I can only hear it in a room that's absolutely silent.

It's actually sort of soothing. For a long time I thought that was just sort of how silence "sounded," like how people sometimes remark that silence can be deafening because you're used to ambient noise.

I'm not really sure whether or not it's adversely affecting me because in certain situations I seem to hear better than people and in other situations I don't. I have trouble understanding people or TV shows without subtitles, but I don't seem to need music as loud as most other people and can notice ambient things others don't. Not understanding people, I suspect, may literally have to do with some mild manifestation of autism.

No problem. It's a bit long but here's the paper if you're interested.
>helda.helsinki.fi/bitstream/handle/10138/27440/investig.pdf?sequence=1

> I have trouble understanding people or TV shows
Yeah that's distortion. Invest in getting some earwax removed. I first did it because it was so bad I stopped being able to understand people. it all sounded so blurred.

Nah but I got a really bad ear infection like a week ago. I could barely hear anything. I think its some type of food allergy.

Guess I might as well, I hit my deductible for the year.

Yeah I normally get by but this thread is probably going to make me focus on mine for a few days.