*deletes Changes*

*deletes Changes*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JLYo5DW0ew0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

y tho

*adds the Charles Bradley cover*

Either they wanted to troll listeners or Tony Iommi couldn't come up with any good riffs that day.

came here to post this or some similitude thereof

Changes is an awesome song, stop being a fag

well I get not liking it, but it's just because they haven't been exposed to and come to appreciate different forms and modes of musical expression yet

the whole album is good
if "FX" was just an into or outro & not its own track ppl wouldnt complain about it so much

Sabbath bloody Sabbath you can delete nearly half the album

>half the album
nah man it's a great album in its own right, not everything can be first four sabbath

All of the Sabbath albums before Technical Ecstacy are perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=JLYo5DW0ew0

lal

Technical Ecstasy actually isn't all that bad.
I mean, yeah, they were all strung out, they were phoning it in, and the use of keyboards/synths sort of ruined it, but there were some good songs on that record. And the same goes for Never Say Die.

Of course, that being said, the first four albums are GOAT!

YES, this is the reason I only have their first three.

The first three are more accessible since they have proper songs on them. BS4 through Sabotage are more experimental, in particular Sabotage is an early attempt at extreme metal.

I don't give a fuck, Supernaut and Cornucopia make this album by themselves

They're good, but I hate ballads so Changes kind of ruins the album.

>So I found that life is just a game
>But you know there's never been a winner
>Try your hardest, just to be a loser
>The world will still be turning when you're gone

This song fucked my 11 year old brain up good

>not FX
shiggity diggity

Changes was a good enough song apparently for Judas Priest to rip it off on SWOD.

what the fuck are you talking about, deleting half of sabbath bloody sabbath? your out of your mind you snob.

[citation needed]

You're implying that Vol 4 is salvageable.

it's not, it's utter shit compared to Black Sabbath, Paranoid, and Sabotage.

It is better than Sabotage.

Epitaph

The first 6 Sabbath albums are absolutely rad.

Black Sabbath has nothing wrong with it.

Paranoid is super ace.
Master of Reality is also super ace.

Vol. 4 has some of my favourite Sabbath songs. Changes is a bit iffy, FX doesn't count, it's just a room of topless stoned dudes hitting Tony's guitar with their necklaces.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a monster album, Fluff is pretty.

Sabotage is my favourite Sabbath album, it's such a rad branch for them to have explored and all the songs make me hard. Plus they invented Thrash Metal with Symptom of the Universe.
>Buh Queen invehnted Thrursh Metle!
Nah

Moral of the story
Tony Iommi is god, he wrote ~3 unbelievable riffs for every Sabbath song on those first albums.
Ozzy is rad on stage and has a killer ability to come up with vocal melodies.
Geezer Butler is the most powerful bassist of all time, his runs make me shit.
Bill Ward fucking hates his cymbals.

>Geezer Butler is the most powerful bassist of all time
Nah, Flea is better.

But Geezer is more powerful. I'm sure even Flea would agree with that. Even now, his fingers are mad.

Priest learned well from Sabbath, they were also fantastic at coming up with riffs and vocal melodies (not that that's hard anyway with Halford's vocal range--I give Ozzy more credit simply because he came up with good melodies on a much more limited voice).

Not in terms of bass though; Ian Hill can't touch Geezer Butler although he wasn't bad in the 70s (80s Priest went and copied the stupid hair metal le no bass sound).

It always seemed to me that a lot of critics didn't like Sabbath and Alice Cooper and whatnot because they (the critics) were all fucking hippies who didn't like this new wave of darker music to remind them that the 60s were over. You know, the whole peace and love dream was dead and all that.

Main problem with ian is that his bass is inaudible for most of their discography. I remember going "whoa, I can actually hear the bass!" when they released the track Nostradamus.

After Hell Bent For Leather, it doesn't matter anyway since he just chugs the root note. Audible bass would have certainly been nice on the early albums when he actually played bass.

Case in point.

>wwhat's going on here where's all the 60s optimism wwhy is this music so dark and edgy? hhhelp mmmmeee

Glenn Tipton came up with the vast majority of their riffs especially after the first two albums. KK Downing became irrelevant in a hurry (only useful for his epic live renditions of Sinner).

Tipton's playing style is something like Tony Iommi but his touch is lighter and he doesn't have as aggressive an attack. Especially those early Sabbath tunes like War Pigs have a really aggressive guitar sound.

>Black Sabbath has nothing wrong with it.

Keep telling yourself that.

What's wrong with it?

UK version compared to the US version.

Just looks like they have names to the solos and jams

Absolutely wrong, Sabatage is their best album. Symptom of the universe heaviest song they ever wrote, hole in the sky, megalomania best song in their discography. Vol4 half the album is skippable and besides supernaut and tomorrow's dream absolutely forgettable.

Sabotage is insane stuff for 1975, nobody anywhere else was making anything like that.

>Vol4 half the album is skippable and besides supernaut and tomorrow's dream absolutely forgettable
Most heavy rock bands are good for about 3-4 albums before the formula gets stale, this is a given.

He came up with a great riff, he just played it on piano

They had a lot of songs about wanting to escape from a hopelessly corrupt world. Bruce Springsteen then does the same exact thing on Born To Run but makes it accessible to normies so of course he gets all the media praise and nutlicking.

I don't agree with your power rankings but I agree with your overall sentiment and I love you.

It's the best song on the album tho breh!

Thank you stranger. I love you too, not just because you got the coolest trips. What are your Power Rankings?