I am 23 years old, and my savings just hit $22,000. That is all I have to my name, besides a 1/1 apartment, honda civic...

I am 23 years old, and my savings just hit $22,000. That is all I have to my name, besides a 1/1 apartment, honda civic, a tv, my pc, some furniture a cheap acoustic guitar, and some miscellaneous stuff.

How am I doing financially? I thought I was doing good but after seeing the way some "middle class" people live, Im not so sure anymore.

only 22k? yep your fucked

you need another 300k to have your own home to die in.

22k in savings isn’t bad friend. I’m 21, in college, and I have like $100 in to my name. You have a car and an apartment and aren’t living completely paycheck to paycheck, I’d say you’re better than most.

Hey man I'm 20 with 200$ and no car no job but I get by comfortably. Fuck the social standings man, just do you and try to be happy.

Hey, that's more than I've got and I'm a year older than you.
Go pat yourself on the back, OP.

Nigga I'm 22 and share a 1 bed apt with a 20 year old and work 40+ hours a week to live lmao

How many neet bux did mom give you today

I'm 24, work a mundane job, no savings, and I live with my parents

none

because unlike you i know what happens when old people cant afford to pay rent that dont own their own homes, best start cutting spending and save everything or you die and you get burned in a box paid for by the state

25 with 8,000 here, but only 2.5k of that is liquid. You’re doing great! Make sure to invest an amount you’re comfortable with and look into ways to increase your income.

Not bad user, just make sure you save and pit money into your retirement, max your IRA out and love cheap.. saving money goes slow until you hit 100k then it amps up. I met my wife at 23, had 2k to my name and a car. 5 years later I'm at 430k. I went from GameStop manager to a union inside wireman who is going to retire in a few year once I hit 750k. We built out own THOW and have two kids. You gotta start somewhere. Remeber the only way to save money is not to spend it.

how is that even possible

Congratulations you can travel to Europe and rest in a civilized hotel and eat in a civilized restaurant.

Invest all of it into lite coin and then ride it upward!

26 and I have $70 to my name. My health is going down the shitter and I'm an alcoholic. I work maintaince at a fast food joint. Just end it.

Also some faggot stole $240 of my debit last month and the company keeps giving me the runaround. I also lost a hundred dollars just the other day so I couldn't pay my car insurance. Life is just swell.

I've averaged an 18% roi on all of my investments. I made around 100k a year for the last 3 years and save 75k of that. I bought and flipped two houses the first I bought with my life savings. We live cheap. I put about 20% of all of my income into the market(vanguard). Free healthcare from the union as well as a separate free 401k and pension paid by contractors. In short I worked my ass off to retire by 35 at the latest. Not bad for the late start that I had. Hit up earlyretitrementextreme.

I'm almost 21, close to $5000 in debt, have a shitty part-time job delivering pizzas, and nothing to my name besides my car. I'm pretty sure suicide is my only way out at this point.

that's actually really good, assuming that you worked for it all. keep saving and living the way you are, in about ten years you'll be really glad you did.

Nah just upgrade bro. There are jobs out there that you don't need an education for, you just can't be retarded and be willing to work.

Like what? I have no skills or anything. The only thing I can think of is working in a factory.

That's good man.

If you have no debt, keep it that way.

What about UPS or summit?

Take up a trade or teach yourself to code, learning a second language is good as well. Factory jobs sound good but you are trapped there and if you get laid off you are sold with no skills. Look up your local trade unions. Carpenter/electrician/pipe fitter/sheet metal worker. Go union, I did it and have 0 regrets, paid apprenticeship and free benefits. I'd go electrical personal preference. You can be a journeyman in 2/3/5 years depending on what you want to do and how much you want to make. You could even just be a union laboerer, they have a cake job and have 30 and out for retirement but they only make like 23$ and hour where I'm at opposed to my 35 for a wireman.

It's is a good bet but you have to work your way up and have a CDL which is a good job but if you want to make any real money say goodbye to home.

What could I do at UPS? All their entry-level positions are only part-time from what I've seen.
There is a local electrician apprenticeship program that pays pretty decent but you have to have proof that you passed algebra in high school or college (and I don't).

You're definitely doing better than a lot of people.

>Fuck the social standings man, just do you and try to be happy.
This guy gets it

They might let you test out of it, otherwise you should be able to get records from your school I had to do that. Or you could take a free online course and print the certificate and take it in. Yeah ups is rough to get into it's all part time for 1-2yrs before you get full time or benefits I have a CDL and was going g to try but decided not to. Any city work would be good, post office maybe? Try usajobs for govt jobs

Im 23 and 60k in my account

fuck you

I'm 20, I own a business and investment property, I'm in college, and I'm going to buy a GTR for graduation

Step the fuck up op

im 25 and about 20k in debt, living on zero income because not a single fucking company is hiring where I live. go fuck yourself op with your shit bait, implying that you are not in a good position financially

I'm 29, I have $4k in savings and earn $83k a year...I wasted all my money on drugs, motorcycles, skydiving, scuba diving, women, hospital and legal bills.
I have a STEM degree but I also pay $150 child support a week to a ridiculously attractive but extremely crazy woman.
How am I doing?

you're doing especially well for your age. take $50 dollars a months and start investing in a ROTH IRA account through Charles Schwab or any other financial company. Over the next 30 years that will multiply into a minimum of 600-900k. I'm a union carpenter in illinois and get paid well, but consider my fucking car note, insurance, medical debt before the union, child support, credit cars,rent, utilities and whatnot..... youre doing better than me. start the IRA now it will be worth it in the end.
FY! im 25, so you're doing really well. just, spend and invest wisely

very impressive until the child support part you fucking retard

im pretty drunk please forgive my spelling. im also about to fuck a fat chick off tinder and im a little apprehensive

im paying about 1200 a month in Chicago, IL for one child

what makes a good finance company? interested in simply "invest and forget" myself
have like 10k €

I’m 27, 50k in debt (credit cards and truck note), $35k 401k. How am I doin?

>320k house

Kek

You should try living somewhere that the property value isn't over inflated from Chinese investors buying up everything

What did u get a degree in?

35k in the 401k is great as far as im educated. im 25 and im about 20k in debt between the SUV and misc. other shit

26 here and in same position

Debt interest accumulates a hell of lot faster than savings.

Fix that shit.

I'm 24 with 20k savings and 130k in crypto

Just get laid OP.

25, no bank account, I think I might have a few quarters laying around somewhere but that's for emergency purposes only. Living in Southside Chicago in the "hood" as a broke white Trump supporter. Stop worrying OP

I'm 22 and got like 10 bucks to my name so you're doim alright

Trying. Working 50+ hours at my job, and then having a side job making ~$1500 a month.

others may disagree, but i've gone with the bigger box accountants. they handle my investments, re-investments of dividends and my roth ira account thats split into 2 different markets... start doing a little research through Charles schwab about roth ira accounts. do what ever you want honestly but the sooner you start a roth and the more you invest a month the more it'll pay out by the time you're ready to retire or quit work

You're doing good. I'm 25 and all I have to my name is about 3 bucks in burger money a pc (toaster) and my clothes. It's gonna be a shitty christmas. I deserve all of the shit I get because I was born crippled and cripples should be aborted. I'm a cruel living joke.

I used to have a co-worker who was around 27, a fictional writing major and had something like $200 to her name. She lived paycheck to paycheck and whined about how people put her in that position. You're totally fine OP.

im a union carpenter, i have an annuity and a pension, i trust the roth ira more than those 2 accounts