Whats the beef between Russians and Ukranians? I never understood why they hate each other...

Whats the beef between Russians and Ukranians? I never understood why they hate each other. Whats going on there and who is right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Fields
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Emblem_of_the_Soviet_Union#Fourth_version_.281956.E2.80.931991.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They were friends util the Nazi coup in Ukraine happened with sponsorship of the US

I like how this graph assumes that the entire military strength of the Russian federation is used against Ukraine and it isn't just a few thousand troops maybe a single brigade or only one division

Fucking stupid, thousands of Hungarians died because of the soviets family members of mine included but I don't hate the Russians for it just like I don't hate Americans for 1812, it's history get over it.

Jews making them fight each other to weaken them upon an invasion from USA and Israel to replace their population with useless shitskins just like they do to every other white country they influence.

Just look up the jews in the Ukrainian government.

Kill every jew before they kill you.

Ukraine wants to be a bit more like the west (the democracy and stuffs)
Russia says niet
Ukraine says da
Russia says niet again
Takes Crimea
Ukraine is angry

>holodomor
>holdomor
>hodor
!!!

Prior to 1200 AD, Kiev Ukraine was the central power for Slavic civilization. After the 1200's when the Mongols sacked Kiev, it was Moscow who drove them off and retained power as the center of Slavic civilization. Since then Moscow has continued to expand its power, claiming authority over nearby regions. Ukraine as the largest, strongest, most populous, and geographically close, was often at odds with Russian expansion and unlike other regions could out up somewhat of a fight. This has resulted in animosity growing over 800+ years.

Tl;dr - Regional power shifted from Kiev to Moscow in the 1200's and Moscow began to exert more and more power in the region over neighboring nations and peoples.

This is as redpilled a post as it gets. Some on Sup Forums may not consider slavs to be white, but they're gonna be a whole lot whiter than western europe soon and that will represent a huge problem for the globalists.

We kinda dixies and yanks back then. Used to be the same, but differences accumulatrd and we just split. Russians butthurt about it and forcing us to obey.

War creates hatred, im wander why people wandering about it.

This condition if animosity reached a head under Soviet occupation which was particularly brutal, especially with attempts to wipe out Ukrainian populations, language, and culture.

Sadly, this is blamed as much on Russians as on Jews and communists, who were really to blame.

>who is right?
Russia. And why? Because every single town, street, building and fucking house in the southern part of Ukraine was built, colonized and payed for by Russia during history.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Fields

You need to add Turkey there and Gommies will get rekt. Again.

that'd be cool the internal soviet borders of the ukrainian ssr matched any sort of historic or cultural boundaries. they don't. land was added on by soviet leaders for internal administration convenience, then suddenly this republic delcares itself a country and everyone inside its subject.

Ukraine was a core land of russia all ukrainians was russians, Gogol is a greatest russian writer, Paskevich - outstanding general, bunch of Head Cancelers was former cossaks. So "russia built x in ukraine" could be true, but have no sence.

>Whats the beef between Russians and Ukranians?
Everyone in Eastern Europe hates Russia, due to getting oppressed/backstabbed by them at one point or another.

Except Belarus, they seem to be cucks for Russia.

Russia shot up protesters who were for reforms and then proceeded to invade Ukraine.

So Ukraine is right, Russia is wrong.

>thousands
wow, so many

> attempts to wipe out Ukrainian populations, language, and culture.

ukrainian was 1 of the 15 official languages of the ussr, and it was banned under the tsar. it was taught in schools and it was even on the soviet emblem.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Emblem_of_the_Soviet_Union#Fourth_version_.281956.E2.80.931991.29

Most russians and ukrainians won't ever be affected by one another.

The whole beef is literally mafia-tier conflicts between oligarchs.

Belarus is just Russia that is why. Their independence is a meme.

frændir eru frændum verstir

Ukraine is Russia's Pakistan. Will always be a failed state never progress until they separate religious Christian thugs from the state.

Now Nadia Savchenko wants to be president. LMAO what a fucked up country!

Putin is a Nationalist. This means he views the world in terms of nation-states, which ensure their own survival through use of force. This is a good thing in general, as ensuring one's survival generally means acting rationally and seeking peace. Peace is achieved through deterrent: you're not going to attack someone if the consequences of doing so are greater than the potential reward.

Ergo, Nationalists respect strong state which ensure their own survival through strength, whilst they dislike weak states which can't defend their borders, because weak states lead to war.

Putin believes Ukraine's weakness and inability to control its borders are the causes of tension and inevitable conflict in the region. Pro-Russian regions like Crimea generally want to be in Russia, as they see it as more stable than Ukraine's government.

>tfw slavs killing slavs
#SquatForPeace

Bunch of fools.

Russia is fighting various proxy wars to reclaim soviet assets. In Ukraine's case, a certain factory.

Yeah India is 95% shithole too. Even Pakis bath themselves so nice try pajeet.

>Ukraine wants to be a bit more like the west (the democracy and stuffs)
Ukraine wants to be free of corruption, oligarchs, they want democracy and proclaim themselves European country (there's a meme about "we will be 2nd France in no time")

Then they immediately "elect" Poroshenko as their president who was an oligarch and worked in government for years (including president Yanukovich's one, the previous president of Ukraine who ran away in Russia after the coup) together with their post-coup prime minister Yatzenuk.

Basically the same old crew that had a good portion of power in Ukraine got even more power after the coup but dumb fooled Ukrainians think that it's their great national success against Putin (no daily news without Putin), corruption, oligarchs and whatever.

Ukrainians now live much worse, taxes are bigger, salaries are smaller, they are taking all credits they can from Germoney and US. Also used ex-gov $3milliards credit from Russia and refuse to return it but whatever, it's politics and not my personal business.

For common citizens of Ukraine and Russia it's a lose-lose situation, no benefits, only less money and worse conditions to live in.

>Belarus
Not reaaly. Belarus is totalitarian shithole with power hijacked by gommie criminals, who are loyal with elder gommie criminals in Russia.

US should start killing them with missile drones and attitude will change really fast.

Ukraine was a part of Russia for some time and they want it back. One Holodomor wasn't enough.

You forgot Serbia

I wasn't arguing that the Soviet designed borders were perfect. OP asked what the source of the animosity between Ukrainians and Russians was, and that is what I was trying to explain.

But more to your point, it's somewhat hard to tell exactly what the historic borders for Russians and Ukrainians should be considering that going to Kievan-Rus, they were really unified under Kiev as one people. The split developed hundreds of years later, and birders ebbed and flowed, as did migrations of people. Sometimes state sponsored by the Russians. That said, I do agree the Soviet border is not ideal. But the current conflict is not the solution.

4 attack helicopters? Seriously?

why

what claim to legitimacy do they have if they can't defend themselves

who writes history, who decides who the bad guy was in major conflicts

why does the establishment have to bend to make way for minorities

they may have legitimate complaints and grievances but just having been shot at or invaded doesn't suddenly make them the good guy

Current conflict is all proxy stuff. Should just invade Ukraine and end it already.

Proofs that Russia has any troops in Ukraine?

Very simple op.
Mummy very pretty
Putin give mummy cummies
Ukraine want to give mummy cummies but cant

War for mummy :3

What is "Ukraine?"

>"Wahh not fair fight!!!1"

Who gives a shit since when is war fair

Vietnam wasn't fair and look how it ended up for them, this faggotry pisses me off

Ukraine = borderlands

>Kiev Ukraine
>1200 AD
American education.

Funny thing is that Russia is too poor to annex anything larger then Crimea. Their budget is seriously stretched as is so that's why they are allowing Lukashenko and Borat have their own country.

She wanted alive, tho.

They never had a war and need to get it out of the system, like you and Canada did in 1812.

How many Canadians/Brits/Americans dies in the War of 1812?

Willing to bet it was much less than 7-10 million.

>who writes history, who decides who the bad guy was in major conflicts
the victor

>bath themselves

Mohammed detected

Ruskie commie can't.
Can't even beat an Ukraine.
So strong is Pussia right now.

Ukraine isn't a real country anyway.

>Jewish commies murdered millions of us
>So let's elect a bunch of crypto-commie international Jews to fight that mean old national capitalist Russian Putin!

Wonderful logic.

>Hohol shitposter

Why did Borat think Kazakhstan was sandnigger? They're mongoloid chinks

>fights need to be fair
Is that all these cucks can do?

>Russia shot up protesters who were for reforms and then proceeded to invade Ukraine.

A common coup starts with making some victims from protestors' side and then you need to snipe some police officers to force the issue just to blame the evil government for every possible sin in mass media afterwards.

Hell, I expected it to happen before anyone died there because it was pretty lame show without any real bloodshed. You can't make a coup from a peaceful protest (even if someone was beaten by the police which is fairly common anywhere anyway), you need to make victims to blame the government in mass media.

What a pointless comparison, Russia never used it´s full military against Ukraine, but Ukraine does against its rebels in the east

How many died relative to the population size is what you should be asking. 19th century wars were fought with gloves off.

>ukrainians

no such thing

Too pretty to kill

ukraine is not comparable to kievan rus. ukrainian language didn't exist 1000 years ago, nor did the name "ukraine". that name did not come about until a few centuries ago, and I'm sure you know its etymology from the russian language. that's forgetting the fact that most of the country does speak russian

>that's forgetting the fact that most of the country does speak russian
Let's give Southern Montenegro, Western Macedonia and Kosovo to the Albanians then.

Russia didn't exist either. Its not a single ethnicity either its a mongrel country that is a fictional version of Slavdom. Ukrainians have much more in common to each other then the average Russian.

Or how about you stop invading other nations and leave Ukraine alone, Dimitri.

As if it wasn't clear I was talking about the city of Kiev in what is now the nation of Ukraine. Don't be such a fucking moron.

>Or how about you stop invading other nations and leave Ukraine alone, Dimitri.
Oh please, this will never happen. Russian history is one of contraction and expansion. Stagnation of borders is death.

Why are Ukrainians so docile and easily manipulated by the USA, Nato, EU etc? I mean how did they convince the majority of Ukrainians to support the new puppet government that will exploit them and be against their own national interest.

Literally the Holocaust worst than the Jew one.
For some reason no one brings it up.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

Ukraine wanted in Europe.

No, she isn't (besides being dumb as fuck).

This is basically because Crimea electric grid can't run a fridge, so you can't get your bounty.

Teach me some shit, pol, I'm an ignorant burger. All I know about that part of the world is Putin is a cool guy and that prosecutor chick is smoking hot.

So is Ukraine just like the niggers of Russia?
Do you guys have good mongolian food since its so close?
How much does an adidas tracksuit typically cost?
Gopstyle best style?

They don't really like the EU fagdom its more about creating a society outside of Putinholios world.

No Slavic people are. But the origin of the conflict between Ukrainians and Russians goes back to a split in Kievan-Rus power, where it shifted from the Kiev region to the Moscow region. Conflcits between those groups and the operation between them would result in the development of culturally distinct, but related groups, Ukrainians and Russians.

I wasn't arguing for a continuity between Kiev-Rus and Ukrainians.

Western Ukraine is Roman Catholic.
Eastern Ukraine and Russia are Russian Orthodox.

Lviv, Ukraine is a Jesuit stronghold.

>implying there are Russian troops in Ukraine

>beef
>fair
one is a corrupt useless government backed by the EU, the other is a corrupt useful government not backed by the EU or USA

Implying Ukraine is a country.

They are a mix of russian and polish clay. Ukraine is as much a valid country as Palestine is. Kept alive only as a puppet for the whims of their globalist masters.

At least 3,000 died in the revolution, I don't know the exact number but I can bet it was hundreds of thousands maybe more.
We're just superior to Ukshitians so we didnt die as much as them

Ukranians are Russians in denial, denial created by the fact that the Russian Empire decided it was time to fuck over their region last century, but the Globalists also want Ukraine to not unite as a reassembled Russian Empire would be a big threat to their plans.

Nice try at comprehension, Ahmed

I wish I was an attack-helicopter

The Ukraine used to be called little Russia, the whole idea of a Ukrainian identity makes no sense

If Ukrainians are in fact based bantz Russians then that's bad news for Romani.

>Western Ukraine is Roman Catholic

Nigger, what? Only 6% of Ukrainians are Catholic (10% of the total religious population). The rest are Eastern Orthodox under the unrecognized Kiev Patriarchate or official Moscow Patriarchate.

>Russian Empire
Misbehaved and got split.
>Soviet Union
Misbehaved and got split.
>Russian Pedoration
Misbehaved and will get split.

>ukrainian language didn't exist 1000 years ago

Modern English didn't exist 1000 years ago either

>most of the country does speak russian

Because the Soviet's required it

just identify as one

They need to separate Church and state. That's the first step. Sadly it is never going to happen.

Are you high?

You're fucking retarded if you think 1812 is comparable to Holodomor.

1812 was a war with uniformed combatants. Holodomor was a forced famine targeting civilians.

Sorry, I had no idea that a culturally and linguistically distinct people had no right to self-rule.

Just because Russia has the power to subjugate all Slavic peoples, that does not give them the right, gypsy.

>For common citizens of Ukraine and Russia it's a lose-lose situation, no benefits, only less money and worse conditions to live in.
S L A V S
L
A
V
S

Long time ago there was a Kievan Rus and they were invaded by the mongols. So, the people fled from Kievan Rus and formed another Rus based in Moscow.

>official putzriarchate
>have all the licenses
Topkek

Stupid excuses, they could have just kept speaking Ukrainian only like Hungarians do today they just have no culture or identity and are just pretending they aren't Russians but they are.

Only if the state guarantees me my own niche at an military airport + personnel (hot young girls, fixing my gear)!

An Empire will always form with the Russian people, until there are no more Russian people.

It's for the better or worse the default state of east slavs, they as a people and nation fuction best under an semi-despotic rule. If they stray away they either get invaded, or face a period of societal decay.

>Not mentioning the Romanian Orthodox there

Hi there mister Bolshevik

>For common citizens of Ukraine and Russia it's a lose-lose situation
Bullshit. Common citizen can appoint yourself to REMOVE RUSNYA and even get paid for it!

Except all East Slavs are one people with small exceptions of nearly assimilated people.

All their "independent" identity is borrowing stuff from their neighbors and a small amount of mithos made in the 1920's.

Designated