Is eternal life worse than death?

is eternal life worse than death?

no.

Obviously

Yep.

no.

Dunno, kill yourself and tell me what death feels like.

Depends on the quality of that life.

If I was eternally in a young healthy state in a comfy utopia in which I could learn about anything and do whatever, then yeah, I'd say it's better than death

i have died before and its the most beautiful thing you will ever do, no comparison to living.

but living isnt so bad, it would be depressing knowing that no joy will last longer than a blink of an eye.

i mean, if you live until the universe collapses you coud probably get over whatever makes you miserable, so i'd say eternal life is better than death. But then again in 100000 years when every human has died and you are left wandering earth like an immortal god you would probably get bored pretty fast

Im pretty sure it is. There might be actually exception if you have God syndrome

Gonna need an elaboration here

No, not at all.

Whatever "not being alive" is, you've already done that for billions of years before you were born. I don't remember it being that bad.

Living forever though, fuck that.

>giant bells tied right below her ears
Man, that would get old really fast.

Life, eternal or otherwise, is what you make of it.

heart attack

death was beautiful. felt like spelunking into an underwater cave and the deeper you go the more neon creatures appear and the more appear the brighter it gets. Wonder full feeling.

and with the loneliness , people live by comparison. so the longer you live the shorter the happy times are compared to the lonely.

No

We all live eternally in the kingdom of God so long as you've never masturbated.

That was a Twilight Zone episode. Goes to prison. Lives forever.

2 things make eternal life worse than death...

1: still becoming more older everyday
2: lost everyone we love everytime

only one things to ask "eternal youth" and have a stone heart

Well that precludes 99.999% of us.

Every answer changes with perspective, simply because we're figuring out which is "better".
For those with limited imaginations, fear of being alone, a lack of patience and close-knit relationships, eternal life would probably be a drag. For those with high-reaching ambitions and social anxiety, a mortal life may not be enough.

Only if you have no imagination. Eternal life means eternal statisfaction, eternal pain and eternal sensation. Where death is the absolute absence of experience.

I'd rather float through the void of space awaiting the Heat Death of the universe, then experience nothing at all.

Nigga you'd go insane

Also both alternatives are shit

Insanity is an improvement over nothingness.

Oh yes eternal agony is better than nothingness, give me a break

That's a bold claim from someone who probably hasn't had any real hardships in their life. Nobody would choose eternal torture over death. Some people might hold out if they have real or imagined hope, but it's just a matter of time before anyone would break.

Yes imo.

Why do nihilists have to ruin everything.

Im a masochist
i wouldnt mind eternal torture :3

yes

depends if you can share the gift or not

Life is suffering

Only if you're a depressed piece of shit

this
end of thread