Where do they make the best wine?

where do they make the best wine?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fr/search?q=france map wine&rlz=1C1CHBF_frFR759FR759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP6euA5IfYAhWB6RQKHZyHB90Q_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=637#imgrc=S8pCVC0bnV642M:
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Prison

Used to France but now they are muslim I'm not sure if alcohol is legal there any more.

personally i like rioja

test

this is a serious thread, if you aren't going to give serious responses please leave

Depends on what type of wine you are looking for. Red? White? Dry? Sweet? Light? Full-bodied?

Italy makes some great wines of all types. France too obviously.

dubs city

Every wine producing country has good wine and for good price, just have to taste till you find a good one. Don't fall for the expensive wine being the best, you can get amazing wine for $10-15.
Some of my favorites are KWV Roodeberg, J Lohr Seven Oaks, and most of the Apothic wines.

the only wine i currently really enjoy the taste of is red, i want to get into different types of wine

how important is a proper wine glass in your opinion?

That's only in the big cities like Paris

France user here:

Depend what kind of wine you are looking for, it is for just drinking with nothing
Drinking with cheese like in our dinner with the ending meal cheese
Wine as accompagnement for steack like cooked flesh
Wane as accompagnement for cooked fish

What type of wine are you looking for because there is a f*** huge panel of this

Best way is to sign up for a wine tasting, some liquor stores host tasting regularly, great way to try different stuff from around the world.

Not that important, a lot of people use it to describe the wine, ex dark/light color of the bottom meniscus can determine the age of the grape, swirling to see glycol for alcohol content etc.

Rioja... Or any deep full red good by itself or food :D

Re France user here :
Here are some great maps just for wine.
Living in Alsace, there are loooots of great wine but mostly dry
google.fr/search?q=france map wine&rlz=1C1CHBF_frFR759FR759&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP6euA5IfYAhWB6RQKHZyHB90Q_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=637#imgrc=S8pCVC0bnV642M:

just use glass and not plastic or metal

I drank good wine from Armenia and Georgia, less known but high quality wine countries.

Spain has fine wine and Argentina. Some Greek ones are good. Mostly France since they have good prices. My Dad owns a wine shop.

Sommelierfag here

Actually it is important to the type of wine you are drinking. Not hugely important, but it still matters. Try pouring 1 wine into 1 wine glass and 1 coffee mug. Wait a few minutes then take a sip. You'll notice a difference in taste. It all has to do with how the aromatics enter your nose.

I would try looking for some dry white wines. They're not sweet, just very tart, crisp and refreshing. Look for a dry German Riesling like Fritz Gunderloch (bright green cap).

Georgia basically invented wine like 10,000+ years ago. Not surprising they make good stuff!

Rioja is pretty damn good. Also a Barolo is great, or anything from Tuscany.

Napa county makes the best wine don't let these third worlders tell you any different

who said /b couldn't be civil?

France for reds, if money is no object. Best value, Australia. California is good value too.

hey somelierfag, what reds and whites do you recommend for someone who can't drink wine that's too acidic or with a lot of tanins?

and not too sweet...

im new to wine, tried some red ones.
liked the rioja and sirah from spain,both organic, but the douro (?) from portugal wasnt my taste. this one goes for cooking.

riedel glasses where there is a different shape for every wine is a scam though, right?

Chile

does anybody have a pdf of how i can kill people with my hands?

harder then you might think. takes a lot of strength to strangle someone with your hands.

Casillero del diablo

Not a complete scam, but I personally don't think it makes enough difference to warrant that kinda pricetag. The science behind it is solid though.

If white, try an oaked Chardonnay or a Trebbiano or even a Viognier. If you don't want acidity, choose a warmer climate. Chilean/Argentinian Viogniers are nice.

For red, Pinot Noir is likely what you're looking for. Low acid, low tannins. Try an American, Canadian, or Australian Pinot Noir if you want it a bit more fruit-forward. Or try a Burgundy (France) if you want it a bit more earthy. Both will be low tannin.

Try something from Tuscany, Italy.

Or a Malbec from Argentina. Or even Shiraz from Australia.

Oh, a good way to tell if a wine is sweet is to look at the alcohol % and consider that with how warm the country's climate is. Sugar is converted to alcohol during wine fermentation, so high-alcohol wines usually have lower sugar.

The hotter the climate, the more sugar is in the grapes. So an ultra-hot climate can still produce a sweet wine with high alcohol.

personally, im a big fan of Chilean wines

Is it that there's more sugar in the grape, or is it just less water thus raising the concentration/sweetness? I'm just askin'

i´ll try thanks.

although i just start drinking wine i always had some red and white at home for cooking reasons.here i dont care that much about taste, its for the acid mainly.i spend about 3euro per bottle.

the best? honestly man, it's all subjective, and your pallet is going to change as time goes on.

Less sugar.

Grapes usually have about the same water content, as the growers don't water them much. You want roots to grow down and search for water.

Just wait a few years.

Big fan of Burgundy myself, both red and white. Chile, Castille y Leon and even the Black Forest suit my needs too though.

in my country germany it says on the label if the wine is sweet, dry or inbetween (halfdry)
there are also some pretty good wines from germany.
not sure how easy they are to acquire outside of germany though.

All the best German wines don't make it across the Atlantic, sadly.

you need the glove cleaner.

I dated a girl from the De Villaine family who owns Romanée-Conti.

One bottle cost several thousand euro, and you have to be chose by the owner to be able to buy one.

People who buy one and resell it are blacklisted from buying one again.

Even her mother who was direct cousin with Aubert de Villaine and owned part of the domain had like one bottle every few years.

Try doing that with a wine from anywhere but France. Our wine are that much better than any other wine.

do you can recommend sth nice from our country?

i was at the siebengebirge some days ago and ashamed for not buying some bottles there.

>Our wine are that much better than any other wine
Typical French people...

French wine is very good, but it's not #1

we invented it. the original is always #1

All the best wine are from France. No one would want to go through all the hassle you have to go through to get a Romanée-Conti for any wine outside of France.

There is such an high demand that they stopped selling bottle, and that you can only buy a case of 13 bottle with 1 Romanée-Conti in it, and 12 other bottle.

And people keep paying thousand and thousand of euro to get them.

No one would do that for wine from any other country.

Chile

so what ?
op and 99.99999999% of the population arent gonna spend thousand of dollars on a bottle of wine.

hmm hard to recommend something since there are so many wineries with so many different kinds of wine.
im from near mainz and most wine from the rhine and mosel area is pretty good imho.

and i think this too.its so much about your own taste.
i once drank a glass of redwine from my year of birth 82. 4 friends totally appreciated it, me not.

>so what ?

the original question is "where do the make the best wine".

The answer can't be anywhere but France since all the wine that cost thousand of euro are produced in France.

oldfag, get young or die

Retards who think French/expensive wine is the best, there are multiple studies that show even the biggest wine snobs can't tell cheap wine from expensive when blindfolded. This is the equivalent of retards buying Grey Goose Vodka or Nike shoes, you're paying big money for the label, location and marketing.

Some years ago a french student came to my college, in Spain. He actually said "spanish wines are good but french ones are better... Spanish cheese is good but french one... Spanish women are nice but french...." You get the idea.
He didnt understand why anybody didnt want to talk with him...

I'm pretty sure wine had existed waaayyyyy before France even existed. It's in the Bible n shit

YOULL NEVER DRINK WINE RECOVERED BY ARCHAEOLOGISTS FROM SWEDISH NOBLEMANS WINE CELLAR

unironically australia

wine is french

probably france or california

no its not

old bible wine was weaker than todays beer, it was kool-aid, not wine