What does Sup Forums think of the Offspring?

What does Sup Forums think of the Offspring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZX7cWu8Npo
youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0H-1IuaY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only their '80s and '90s songs are good.

They are in second place with linkin park being 1st for AMV usage

Legit great, but yeah, their shelf life was pretty short.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZX7cWu8Npo

Lost my virginity to this song. Good times.

Absolute garbage music for garbage people. 0/10 band.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0H-1IuaY8
pretty good if your in one of those moods.

Uggh, why did you post that thing? Everyone knows Americana was the end.

I hate Pretty Fly For A White Guy so much.

music for trendy assholes

I'm not a trendy asshole

most consistent pop punk band there is. I like a handful of songs off every album they release. I have their whole discography

They were part of the Goo Goo Dolls/Green Day axis but like GGD didn't outlast the 90s.

s/t and Ignition are good
everything else is trash

smash is the one that their plebbiest fans listen to thinking it makes them not plebs

Theyre shit

That's probably because the Offspring and Goo Goo Dolls had almost a decade on Green Day. I mean, those guys were actually more like RHCP/Metallica contemporaries, they were a lot older than you thought. They had to toil in the club scene and release indie label albums for years to get noticed, not being lucky enough to be gift-wrapped a major label contract when they were 20 years old like RHCP. Both bands were already like 30 or something by the time they made it.

>Both bands were already like 30 or something by the time they made it.

Huh? RHCP were also like 30 by the time they made it and BSSM made them the biggest band on the planet.

They were still on a major label from the get-go and far from unknowns in 1991.

Middle school nostalgia tier

Reminds me of the late 70s punk guys. Most of them were pushing 30, they weren't kids for the most part (Sex Pistols aside, but they were invented by Malcolm McLaren anyway). They were veterans who had to wait for years until the bands from Led Zeppelin's era died out.

Yes it's a bit funny how punk was portrayed as this new edgy thing the kids were doing when most of the big names in punk and New Wave were not children by any stretch. Debbie Harry was like 33 for goodness sake.

I don't feel guilty for liking Americana and Conspiracy of One at all

It wasn't until the early 80s that a lot of new young bands emerged on major labels, otherwise up to at least 1980-81 everyone of note was a Black Sabbath contemporary age-wise (and the even older 60s vets like the Rolling Stones having a career comeback).

YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH

No discussion on the Offspring is complete without Crazy Taxi

>They were veterans who had to wait for years until the bands from Led Zeppelin's era died out
Usually this happens when your band isn't necessarily playing the kind of music that mass audiences want. It may take some years before the public is ready to accept what you're doing, even though your peers who do something different are selling out arenas.

Best example: Alternative rock in the 90s was 80s underground rock going mainstream. Bands like REM had been around for years but the mass market wanted hairspray bands, it wasn't ready for alternative rock yet.

edgy adults