MASSIVE! Oumuamua has came to a stop and is now facing Earth!

MASSIVE! Oumuamua has came to a stop and is now facing Earth!

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/planetarydefense/faq/interstellar
lmgtfy.com/?q=Oumuamua
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It has came to a complete stop and stoped tumbling. It's now sitting 8 au from earth facing us!

Awesome

is this another andy shit log?

I hope it lands on op

well at least we didn't kill all the whales yet so we should be safe

B e K f A sT .

Inb4 log

If that thing came to a sudden stop it would tear itself apart.

Physics is a bitch.

DOOMEEEED!

Internal dampers. If enterprise got them then so do space rocks.

We already know it's one of Galctus's shits

Hurry up and kill us, bitch log.

ayy

Admiral, there be whales here!

What would humaity response be if this were true?

It has excellent maneuvering thrusters to stop when it was going 196,000 miles per hour

Sweet, post links

stupid psyop

>MASSIVE! Oumuamua has came to a stop and is now facing Earth!

Got a link, op?

Did i say sudden retard

We would be in a world of shit if that were true.
Alien conquest of Earth
I hope they like the taste of Trumpkins the most as they're all fat and juicy

thats a drawing.

Have a drink on me we are going to apocalypse

Fuck.

>thread

Oh Shit.

You...just called me a .....retard?....

I knew Sup Forums was full of bullies but wow....you are really mean.

Even the universe is into BLACKED

> object travelling at 196,000mph+
> coming to a complete stop
> being this dense

>having came
>coming to a complete stop 6 more AU than where it already was currently

>> coming to a complete stop

It's halfway to Jupiter, idiot.

So ur saying it's impossible for a alien race capable of sending it lacks the abilty to slow it down? Even humans with today's tech could slow it down given the lead time needed to launch a mission.

Does distance from earth affect an alien race ability to stop there prob?

I really don't think you understand how fast that quarter mile long piece of metal is going...

It's a gigantic space dildo. Anal grade.

no proof its even real. its literally a dot on a bunch of other dots. what you posted was an "artist interpretation"

a complete stop relative to what?

If a alien race was capable of launching it and getting it to go where they want dont u think they would have the ability to stop it or slow it down.

To earth

> This right here. It's God's anal plug.

I'm talking about it being a mostly metal interstellar asteroid not some lost ancient ship.

It's hollow on the inside

Space dong go boom!

nasa.gov/planetarydefense/faq/interstellar

no

>being this dense
That much matter... should become a blackhole then.

We don't have the head start or the means to immediately design, launch and orchestrate an attempt to slow down a space object traveling at a velocity capable of telling the Sun to eat it. So, yes, it's impossible if you mention human beings. We will not stop it, we can't stop it, we're not going to stop it. And, of the many ways humanity could stop our own probes that are sent at near relativistic speeds far slower than the speed of light to even the nearest star, there are many more ways we couldn't. Because if that were the case, then this thing, assuming it was falling through space as fast as it currently is, had to travel for billions of years from even the nearest start to Sol. If it is a probe, you would have to imagine that longevity was key in its design- and since it doesn't seem to be doing anything but tumbling on a trajectory, if it is a probe, the only thing that might still work are low power instruments, like a spectrometer.

So the odds are that whoever or whatever sent it, assuming they were at or around our technological level, had to have had the means to orchestrate a "stop here" implementation that would last for billions of years in order to do just that, stop it. If they were like us, they're probably long dead, and there was no way they would have ever built something to last eons just to stop and do who knows what long after everyone died, so don't go equivocating us to them unless you want to invite talk of dead aliens and decrepit alien junk.

We can't even stop a rogue space station, we just let it burn or break up, become lost to space, or land somewhere on Earth. Would is not could, and it's clear that they didn't if it isn't stopping.

Inertial dampeners*...they dampen the inertia that would otherwise pancake the entire crew when performing maneuvers

Kek that's what I thought it was supposed to be too.

/thread

It is verily slidding through space

>MASSIVE! Oumuamua has came to a stop and is now facing Earth!

Ok good. That means we are steadily moving away from it. Or did you mean it is now orbiting earth? Or is orbiting the sun in a similar orbit to earth's, but outside the earth's gravity well? Ya don't just stop in space, you are always going to be affected by something's gravity.

its going like 3 hours a mile dude

>going three times slower than the average human walking pace

It's going over 180,000 mph, you dunce

You know, I kind of wish the president could have started some sort of mission to intercept it with a manned crew, and then have them fumble it into the sun.

No its goin 3 dudes a mile

>Donald Trump
>being competent as a president

How stupid are you?

Like Oumuamua, the joke was going too fast for you to catch it.

I hadn't heard of this and just read the wiki article. MFW I learned something from Sup Forums today...

Woman wont fuck you for hating trump douchebag

what is this

My local newspaper mentioned that its being observed with a radio telescope as it's sending a faint signal, "approximately the strength of a mobile phone".

Wtf was that shit?

NASA is supposed to announce something today, something worth a televised broadcast.

>everyone who critizes Trump is automatically a whiteknight fag

get out more often user, you need it.

Do u even research? Fucking google it dummy

no thanks

No you misunderstood. It will be observed to see if it is sending any signal. The signal, if it exists, would likely be around the strength of a mobile phone. If it exists, it means the object is giving off something other than ordinairy radiation, and that would constitute evidence it is artificial.

TL;DR IF SIGNAL ALIENS NOW

Space log

It's called a captain's log.

Andy Sixx's greatest log.

>prepare your throat.

We are full space niggers

Does this have anything to do with the 50 jets that just took off from Nellis?

Does any of you fucks have an actual URL or just hearsay?

Hmmm jets been leaving Shaw air base for the last hour, maybe 30 so far. What's happening?

Literally as difficult as searching a single key word, several articles written within hours.

I'm 20 miles from Edwards AFB and been hearing lots of rumbling all night long. They must be flying out towards LA because they aren't coming this way. Heard a sonic boom about an hour ago but happens a lot out here so....

kek

Giant piece of shit soaring through space suddenly stops because it smells an even bigger piece of shit floating in space (we are the bigger p.o.s) mind blown

Vandenberg here. Nothing going on. Nothing at all.

I think I know what this is all related to.

St. Olms here. Just saw several Ordinators dispatched from the south.

Minot missile base is on full alert. Place is lit up like the 4th of July righ now.

Pease national guard refuelers just took off. All of em!

Guys everyone in Los Alamos is freaking the fuck out.

I'm not near any air bases but I've been hearing tons of jets fly over us for the last hour.

Monterey here wide awake just heard a loud boom maybe earthquake? But no shaking. Few jets flying over. Not too unusual.

It's sliding in peace

Its been reported than military around the world are mobilizing forces.

It's happening. I can't believe it, but we're locked into it. 50 minutes and counting. Christ, I just can't take it. I can't fucking take it. I'm sorry, I shouldn't swear. I'm sorry, but this is it. This is really it! This is the big one! Thor Arthur 66 ZZD. You know, I told you what would happen if it ever came down. Well, it is! We don't know why! I mean, why would we, huh? It's for real,! It's no drill! We shoot our wad in fifty minutes. They're gonna pick us up in five or ten, and you could get it back in an hour and ten. Maybe seventy-five minutes! Goodbye everyone.

>Literally as difficult as searching a single key word, several articles written within hours.

Post the URLs. Stop wasting my time.

Shit I'm in Kansas and the ICBMs have launched moments ago. Wat do?

lmgtfy.com/?q=Oumuamua

Here's you URL you spastic fuckboi

goatse.cx
lemonparty.org
tubgirl.com
meatspin.com

Cfb Trenton just emptied out. All the birds are away.