Video games are for kids. There shouldn't be R-rated video games out there it's unnecessarily obscene

Video games are for kids. There shouldn't be R-rated video games out there it's unnecessarily obscene.
If you're a male and you're over 18 and play video games you should be ashamed of yourself for being a man child.

I use to play video games a lot. They were not even fun. Even without briefing or trolling or anything I noticed I would kind of throw a tantrum over it. I'd hell. Want to hit something or throw a controller. It was extremely childish.

There was no real entertainment factor in it, it's just all obscene about killing things. The objectives and narratives are pointless devices to try and train people to be hyper passive aggressive if not outright violent.

Video game makers hate their customers. You're just a pay check to them. They don't care about the quality of their product in terms of use, or that the product has anything of value in it that people should take entertainment out of, it's like watching a movie that's worse than a B movie except you have to click a few buttons for it to continue, the plot never moves on it's very simplistic and repetitive. You're making yourself stupider by playing it and not accepting any real world responsibility to behave like a civilized adult.

I work a full time job, I'm engaged and I play videogames. What should I do instead with my free time besides resting?

Maybe stop being a video game playing man baby.
I understand this sounds quite rude, however children can't decide what to do for themselves. Maybe be a man and figure out how to behave like one instead of asking how to do that, kid.

I understand there isn't stupid questions, but part of being a man is figuring out how to be a man and doing it yourself rather than needing the answers from others.

uhm

You sound like a christian. Is this what trolling is now, just stupidity?

>Video game makers hate their customers.
well, that part is 100% correct

You should be ashamed you're on b more than video games anyday

>this bait is going to get replies
Sup Forums, ladies and gentlemen

Oh it all makes sense now. You're gay.

I don't play games anymore instead I try and do things to better myself. I work out. I hunt. I try and learn new shit, crafting, woodwork, auto working. Go hiking with my dog. Not to say all my free time is constantly on the go but the consoles and the gaming PC are dust collectors and movie machines now. I would sit and play games all the time and at the end felt no real accomplishment. Not hating on games or people who play them. I've just given up on them. The company's fucking suck now. And they try and drain us of money for these games that are the most shallow garbage. I just lose interest in them so easily.

I'm not trolling. Now that I'm a bit older and wiser I have an obligation to tell other young men whom do this that they need to grow up.
The people that make video games don't even really play them. It's just a job to them to go do grown up responsible things, which the players indulging in childish fantasies and playing peter pan ought to also be doing.

I used to go to work. It wasn't even fun. Even without getting overtime or time and a half I noticed I would throw a tantrum over it. I'd want to hit my coworkers or yell at them. It was extremely childish but that's literally how the world works. It was obscene bullshit without killing things. The objectives and narratives are pointless devices to make money so you can eat.

My employer hates their employees. I just take money from them. They don't care about me and I don't care about them.

At least I can go home and play video games.

>OP makes very legitimate arguments
>Ironically I was bitching about this same thing the other day
>I still play vidya

I realize that I am a hypocrite to tell others how shitty games are if I still play them. Do you play vidya, OP??

>your message would have greater impact if you wrote it nicer.

At least I'm not the only one that decided to grow up and not be a kid anymore. You'd think people would want a little more out of life rather than repetitive button pushing which could easily be accomplished by a machine and is kind of horrifying people reduce themselves to using all their brain power and education to act like a macro program and simply tap a button endlessly until they can't stay awake anymore and have to eat or sleep while likely neglecting any real responsibilities they have to do instead involving hygiene or simply feeding themselves.

How did you seem to think that is comparable? I'm going to give you a (you) because you obviously feel very strongly about wanting to be a man child.

True, even indie game developers have no passion and just put out bland, uninspired products

I mean, look at Cuphead; Pure, emotionless garbage. The lack of effort is really blatant, like they were rushed to make the game in a month

>cutting the videogame market in less than half

HA HA YOU STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT

Now grow up and stop posting on Sup Forums

Sarcasm?

Nice know-it-all rant.... twit.

Re posting. OP do you play vidya? Be honest!!!

Because I know more immature people at my old job than I do online. Fucking 55+ year olds thinking about retirement have more to complain about and whine about than any other living person I know.

Just because I decide to have fun in my free time and play video games is literally no different than the rest of the world sitting in front of a fuckin TV with netflix on watching Gay of Throws or The Walking Shit.

If you want to go along with this whole "I work out and go hiking" meme, I'm glad that you like to walk across a hill accomplishing nothing with your life JUST THE SAME AS ME PLAYING A GAME. At least I fucking get something out of it. My hobby is probably cheaper than yours as well. The only fucking answer people can ever give after dropping video games and "growing up" is "I work out now"

If all it means to "grow up" is to work out but do every single thing the exact same minus video games, fuck that shit. You're putting fake arbitrary goals onto your life and trying to make other people feel inferior to you for doing it.

Look at this butthurt faggot. Stay ass blasted bitch while my girl sucks my dick as i sip my whiskey and play video games all day son. You dont know how to live fag.

>I mean, look at Cuphead;
No thank you. I can respect the work they put into making a video game as it's a challenge in programming and graphics and it takes some ability to use some of the game maker software to cobble stuff together. End of the day it's just a job and the few indie games out there really can't offer anything more than a childish play time on their game device toy, it can't really reach the intellectual heights of books or movies, and it doesn't ever attempt to in any part of the game market.

Yes we get it, you're a big boy. You see violence everywhere in the world and are totally apathetic to it and you need to validate it even further so you feel like a real man that you're desensitized to violence. It's the simplistic childish idea of manhood and I could see why you'd want to cling to it. It's easier to be a child than it is a man.

Your just as bad as that soyboy vegan faggot shitposter. Shitposting on a korean bridge building forum to get neets to stop playing vidya games good luck. Top kek.

Living is blowjobs whiskey and videogames. TIL.

Sounds like you chose the wrong console brah

>it can't really reach the intellectual heights of books or movies

Oh, you've never played anything but Call of Duty. You should've let with that

Console
Lol

>The objectives and narratives are pointless devices
>I work out. I hunt. I try and learn new shit, crafting, woodwork, auto working. Go hiking with my dog.

it's all the same in the end. if woodwork feels more fun or rewarding to you than playing games, godspeed but it really doesn't matter.
let's be honest though, the only reason you came here and made this thread is to establish that playing games has some sort of value and that it is far lower than the value for your new activities. that's not true.

> Video games are for kids. There shouldn't be R-rated video games out there it's unnecessarily obscene.

Children do play video games, so a rating system is required for legal distribution.

> If you're a male and you're over 18 and play video games you should be ashamed of yourself for being a man child.

Videogames are for anyone who enjoys them. Age and gender are irrelevant.

>I noticed I would kind of throw a tantrum over it. I'd hell. Want to hit something or throw a controller. It was extremely childish.

Sounds like you suck at videogames and have an underlying personal issue that you need to take care of.

>There was no real entertainment factor in it, it's just all obscene about killing things. The objectives and narratives are pointless devices to try and train people to be hyper passive aggressive if not outright violent.

There are millions of games with millions of unique stories and unique objectives from killing, to problem solving, puzzles, strategy, immersive literature, and more. Similar to doing algebra in school, video games can teach people new ways of thinking outside of the box and solving problems, even in real life.

> Video game makers hate their customers. You're just a pay check to them. They don't care about the quality of their product in terms of use, or that the product has anything of value in it

Agreed.

>it's like watching a movie that's worse than a B movie except you have to click a few buttons for it to continue, the plot never moves on it's very simplistic and repetitive.

Wrong. Some video games are more entertaining than movies, have better stories than most novels, and provide users with an immersive experience into the story as it unfolds.

> You're making yourself stupider by playing it and not accepting any real world responsibility to behave like a civilized adult.

Wrong. I'm a college graduate running a 6 figure career, with a wife, and a home.

You sound like you got REKT in COD by a 12yo.

>If all it means to "grow up" is to work out but do every single thing the exact same minus video games
That's actually not at all about what adult hood is about. Clearly you just want to play peter pan every chance you get. It's rather natural due to your stunted development that you have a reliance on games and can't conceive of doing anything different in your life than carry on the routine of behaving like a child and playing with your toys in your spare time. I apologize if it makes you feel inferior but once you grow up you'll probably figure out just how immature you act because you're afraid of taking on any more responsibility for yourself or others.
Good bait. I can see how you'd think that would be interpreted as insulting since you don't really seem to realize how pathetic that is.
I honestly don't mind if they continue to play them or not. I'm not a fascist. A lot of man babies simply need a wake up call that they're dreaming their life away with peter pan syndrome.
The real irony here is how you act like you're too good for posting here while continuing to do so with such a high frequency that you're annoyed by specific types of posts that are common. Taking yourself way too seriously. We get it, you're too intelligent to be fooled by someone saying something, pressing buttons on your toy video game and insulting other people online with all your free time is the epitome of how an intelligent adult behaves in your opinion. lol
I use to play most all of them. I thought it was just a hobby to collect them and games. It's rather easy to try and spin justifying something you want regardless of how stupid or childish it is.
oh look at this one, we got a real boy here, a real big boy. he's not a casual he's a real big boy he's played skyrim before. he wasn't just resorted to clicking buttons and killing mudcrabs non stop, he got to read a fairy tale book unrelated to anything to do with real life.

I mean..I'm not op but with those activities listed, they are of more value than video games. You can do something and produce something with them. Amd most are healthy to boot. So yes. And on top of being tangible and producing things it also acts as a mental break as videogames would. It gives peace of mind and relieves stress and improves health. I'm not trying to argue with you as I do see the mental escape and stress relief video games offer but they don't produce anything.

You're quoting a different poster than me with your second line. You do realize there is more than one user posting on these boards right kid? lol
While you seem to think you're childish activity is not any different than anything else you could do, you're quite wrong about that. It's the same as if you were pushing action figures around on your floor by yourself.

Working out meme? What?
Get nothing out of it? Apart from physical fitness and experience.
Cheaper than the cost of walking outside? What?

Just...what?

People that play video games score higher on standardized IQ tests.

Only retards avoid them and that's most likely got something to do with their inability to figure them out.

My advice to you: GIT GUD

Playing video games directly related to IQ. Suck it normie reee

I'm over 40. I love playing video games to unwind after work. That doesn't stop me from reading, studying, enjoying the outdoors, or any of those things. It's just another form of escapism, which all humans crave. But, I have self control. Perhaps you don't, and your weak will is your downfall.

Also, using "whom" incorrectly only makes you look uneducated.

I'm short, you're an idiot.

And apparently, I'm short.

*In short,

tl;dr
>OP: MAN U BABIES PLAYING GAMES NEED TO GROW UP LOL GO BE A REAL CHAD LIKE ME, I GOT OVER VIDEO GAMES SO EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD TOO AND IF YOU DONT YOU'RE AN INFERIOR BEING AND A MANCHILD NOW GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
>no
>TOO BAD IM NOT A FACIST I DONT CARE

>normie reee
you just shot down any point you could've had in favor of video games and IQ

Oh I didn't I was poking fun at the person who made the comparison, or pointed it out if it's true.

I'm convinced you've never played a decent game your whole life. Also pic related.

gtfo your bait is as shitty as you look

While I would like to address your points first however I'd like to bring up the fact that you're the type of guy who spends 12 hours a day posting on video game forums arguing about mechanic tweeks to the system.
>There are millions of games with millions of unique stories and unique objectives from killing, to problem solving, puzzles, strategy, immersive literature, and more. Similar to doing algebra in school, video games can teach people new ways of thinking outside of the box and solving problems
Unique stories are fantasies and have nothing to do with realism, it's like mommy reading you a bedtime story before tucking you in.
There are not unique objectives, you kill something often by clicking a single button repetitively often setting your character into attacking without you having to do any sort of movement controls manually. The puzzles are like a sparse thing you do between killing things. They're not complicated it's probably a puzzle like find the key where you walk around the map and just look for a thing while killing everything. There is no strategy, your part of a participation trophy generation where everything deserves to be a valid strategy except one thing sucks so everyone uses the same builds and strategies because it's easier and has less chance of losing. You're too childish to risk losing at your play time. It's not similar to algebra unless you're making the formula for how it behaves when you're programming the game the end users just picks the highest stat stuff and maybe tries to add up the values for whatever is optimal because play time is serious time, big boys don't lose. You don't think outside the box, you run into an invisible wall on the map all you do is kill everything in around you sandboxes are just as linear as any other game in fact probably more so you have less options in them other than doing something aggressive, you have no game options except attacking predetermined things.

> games are for kids

> for example: i played lots as a kid and hated games = very mad

Cool story

You're not even worth replying to, yet you've already gotten at least 42 replies. Well done.

Including yours

>too intelligent to not play video games
Well sport, when you grow up and decide to be a man. Just remember, people respect guys that do things on merit, like scoring on standardized tests. Not associating themselves with people who do those things rather than doing it themselves.

>I'm over 40.
lol you're gen x, you're entire life people have been telling you that you're childish and irresponsible. oh cool you got a job so you wouldn't starve to death or be homeless. I'm sure you really have a lot of diverse interests when you're not being a man child indulging in escapism.
/s

I'm a tradesman who works 12 hour shifts at an underground coal mine for a week at a time. I pull in 6 figures a year, own 2 homes, a new car and have been with the one girl for 9 years. On my off days when I'm not taking care of my home I shoot aliens in the face on destiny with my buddies.

Call me a manchild all you want man. I'm more successful than most in this thread and couldn't care less what others think of my useless hobby.

What's you're problem. I'm not going to tell him how to live his life. I see why a child would get upset when someone says don't play with your toy. You're really blowing it out of proportion however.

Well perhaps we can agree to disagree as games are not decent.

Aw what's the matter champ, did you miss nap time? Maybe you should go have a snack. Maybe something healthy, or you know maybe some more soy.

Worth is relative, if you want to continue being a man baby rather than face reality then no. It's probably not worth confronting your childish behavior.
Eh it's not like anyone expects a rich person with a decent socio-economic status to be a good human being. It's probably better that you distract yourself with childish hobbies like games since you'd probably just spend that time trying to fuck over other people otherwise.

>this guy doesn't even go to Sup Forums to validate his existence

>games are not decent

Just like books are not decent. And movies. And food. I know you're pic related, so do explain what you're going for here.

Can this be the new copypasta?

Yes it can.

I work in a coal mine you fucktard, I'm hardly some upperclass elite with blue blood. And I'm not rich, I'm just not some poorfag who judges others for their pastimes. Also;
>judging others for their useless hobbies
>wasting time in Sup Forums
Top kek mate.

Just because you have a problem we should all be wary

Have you considered perhaps you just have thin skin and get easily upset, and not everything said is intended to upset you?
Maybe if you grew up and left the neverland in your toybox video game you'd start to open up your mind a bit about things.
Just because you're upset gaming is just a game, intended for children and childish doesn't really mean you should devalue other mediums and entertainments, that's quite immature.

Your video game character is just a virtual g i joe or barbie doll. Just because it's on a screen doesn't really change the fact you're a grown up that plays with virtual dolls.

>brags about income and assets
>tries to say they're not a rich person
Now this kids, is bait.

Fuck being a man all that got ever got anyone is too much responsibility, bitches who contantly take and crippling depression

I AM THE PAN
BANGERANG

constantly*

Maybe not take the bait this hard

Can you newfags just stop taking all this bait?

> Notice how there's no replies

This nigger never played Half-Life 3.

I'm not going to argue with you about that. Except if you don't like those things you have a social obligation to your fellow man to get involved in your community or politics to change those sorts of things.

Why would anyone reply to this? It raises no valid points.

You're playing a half life using video games so what's the difference?

replace "video games" by movies

Why not argue, if being a man is such a great "joy" then it should be no problem to defend your stance for example I find it rather easy to defend video games because I am a man-child and you have thus far offered no suitable or evenly remotely sane alternative

And did you miss the no responsibility shit I have no social obligation to anyone but myself ya poo stabber fuck the community too unless of course it's the drug community they my brothers

No need really. Instead of doing that you should chose to watch better content. I understand how you're naive and childish so the idea of giving up childish things threatens you. Lashing out at unrelated things doesn't make a difference. You ever hear two wrongs don't make a right? Just because something else is not good does not mean there is an equivalency. Rather astonishing how many immature people I have to explain false equivalencies to. It's rather alike to well little timmy put peanut butter on little suzies barbie doll, it was so unfair of little timmy to do that so little johnny shouldn't be able to join the boy scouts because they might end up not playing with barbie dolls.
>no suitable or evenly remotely sane alternative
Part of being a man is finding your own alternatives. I'm not your daddy trying to determine the course of your life. Yes, you do have a responsibility to others. Have you consider those other things you called problems; are in fact problems because nobody felt it was their responsibility. If you don't like something man up and try to change it.

I think he was trying to say he is of short stature. I think they prefer to be called "dwarves"

Alright boys, been nice talking with you at least give it some thought. My hang over is kind of killing me so I'm going to go for a while.

video games is for soyboys, class is for men

>If you don't like something man up and try to change it.

That concept applies to invasive douchefags not mean

men*

Yeah you should watch adult TV instead like the award winning series Game of Thrones or the sensational Vikings, like a normal person instead of playing manbaby games!

Interesting.
I will put many thought processes into these points while I jerk myself silly tonight.

Thank you OP

Op claiming to be "grown up" while telling others what to do with their freetime cuz Op thinks he's a Man now.

Sounds more like a women not a grown up. And since we are in Sup Forums and you act like a women I'm gonna treat you like one

boobs or get the fuck off.

You're a junky so it's not like you're opinion matters.
>turn off the video games on my tv
>geeze being an adult is difficult what are you ever suppose to do
>better watch tv
>everyone is stupid except for me
Well don't think about it too much otherwise you might figure out you could have probably found someone to have sex with instead of jerking off and playing games by yourself.
>you act like a women I'm gonna treat you like one
I bet you say that to all the boys. Probably been a video game playing incel for so long you turned prison gay.