Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ER2jVo2Kk
youtube.com/watch?v=Fhz9LXX5AkE
youtu.be/0Tz8YSvTEBk
youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_CQhCNSEE
youtube.com/watch?v=nn9Lxj4MXLk
youtube.com/watch?v=6kWr2GSMYI0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

good one cunt

No. you just don't know anything about punk.

No. The right is the new punk my dude. It fits the bill.

is this punk rock?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ER2jVo2Kk

i like it in any case

>The right is the new punk

when will this meme end.

when the world is saved

nope
youtube.com/watch?v=Fhz9LXX5AkE

Never because it's true and it triggers numales. The right is the only movement going against the establishment

punk has been accomplished.
It made it's statement effectively. We live in a post-punk world.
Like asking "is nihilism dead" because people aren't reading nietzsche

Punk is a shitty hypocritical circlejerk that should never be revived

Same. I just want to learn guitar and join a band and just try to be angty and sing about rebellion and tradition(ironically, tradition seems taboo nowadays). Hopefully the "alt-right" punks songs don't suck ass.

thank the lord
punk music is shite

name me some good new right wing punk bands then. not some old nazi shit, recent bands that prove right wing is the new punk

Bro it's about the CULTURE, not the music. Not giving into numale libshit is punk as fuck

It's four alt-right 15 year olds. If you stop responding it will end.

True, but what came out of punk(post punk, pop punk, Grunge, etc) are good.

>I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

This is an alt-right website. You better get used to it mr reddit

the only way alt-right is like punk is that it's a psyop supported by foreign intelligence agencies to feed the worst aspects of american youth culture ensuring our swift decline into degeneracy

youtu.be/0Tz8YSvTEBk

its the new and improved punk
everybody hates them and wants them gone. just like punk

lmaooo word bro, triggered libcuck snowflakes need to gtfo their safespaces

The alt-right is a bunch of fat autists, still in PTSD from being bullied and cucked by Jamaal and Mohammed in high school. If being punk means hiding in mom's basement all day posting on anime forums about (((the jews))) and their conspiracies then, yeah, punk is dead.

wouldn't antifa be closer to punk rock if anything given that they're literal anarchists?

Seeing as punk political viewpoints were basically autistic screeching and punk culture was mostly dumb teenage edgelords jumping on a fad in search of identity and sense of community, this completely checks out. You are the new punk.

>those are the guys calling you a triggered cuck on Sup Forums when you tell them it's not ok to go to school in blackface yelling nigger in the hallways

>falling for the anarchy meme
Anarcho punks are some of the stupidest people I've ever met.

Don't joke about PTSD. These are autists terrified about people having a different opinion from them

>I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

>t. lib cuck

>All these redditrons trying to hide the fact they're obviously brigading

>respecting Trump and being traditional and law abiding citizen in our degenrate world in the year of our lord 2016 + 1 isn't punk

>respecting authority is punk
fucking wot dude

Except the alt right hate these people. /r/ donald and people like them are known as the alt lite. If you've spent anytime on Sup Forums you'd know this. Donald Trump is pro Isreal, the alt right hate him and jews.

>Punk is about freedom
>Except if you obey the law and don't circlejerk with us, thinking for yourself differently to us isn't punk

I can't even tell if you're trying to criticize punk or the alt right

shh don't tell the libtard

But for real though what are some good new punk bands that don't have to political in every single song?

most places have a real punk scene. no, its not those big gigs with mohawk kids watching intl bands.
its more normal kids that dont really fit much doing some sort of chaos in a small room having fun with other kids blasting each others music through crappy amps.
like this: youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_CQhCNSEE
or this (skip the first min) youtube.com/watch?v=nn9Lxj4MXLk

playing in parks is also the shit.

Literally every band from Indianapolis.

Lol ODIO.

Examples?

Was punk fashion/mohawks more of like a 1970s/1980s thing?

Punk is dead. My parents were punks in the 70s, i can't see why kids today would want to emulate old folks. The world needs something new but people seem to be out of ideas.

youtube.com/watch?v=6kWr2GSMYI0

I know this is pasta but I feel like once its gotten to the point where traditional conservatism is 'punk' the word has lost all useful meaning.

I feel punk still has use as a musical style/attitude but as a subculture it is definitely irrelevant

I feel like the subculture has a legacy, at least. May've helped kinda popularize shit like tattoos and piercings as "edgy" which is what makes them popular with young kids today

True but kinda depressing. I think to me the important part of punk was the sorta DIY aspect of just getting out and making music that was kinda abrasive. Having such a strict fashion seems to miss the point entirely

fucking kill yourself

That tends to happen with subcultures. When its starting there is a wide array of styles. But then it slowly becomes a narrow uniform especially when younger kids get into it.

Suicide is for numales retard

It could also be seen as a sign of its success

For sure, so I think it wouldn't really make sense for punk to exist in such a uniform today; kinda clashes with the rebellion aspect if you're dressing/playing the same music as punks 40 years ago

He isn't a lib, tho.

It's only a vague rebellious feeling. You know exactly what you actually are, and it's not punk.

The point of punk is to fight against the current societal status quo, not to assert it you fucking Nazi poser.

The current status quo now it to be a sjw degenerate faggot forcing it down on people. I will fight against that. I don't need to larp as a nazi to do that.

I liked this. What other bands should I check out?

Putting the current poltical climate aside. There were plenty of nazi punks back in the 70s. My mother's boyfriend at the time wore a genuine SS officer's jacket, he wasn't actually a nazi but swastikas were all the rage back then. It was all about pissing off the old folks, who for them the war was still fresh in their minds. Using nazi imagery to piss people off is VERY punk.

If you spend all day reading buzzfeed maybe. But that probably accounts for >10% of people. And honestly is such a minor issue who really gives a shit. Yeah I think the transsexual shit is fucking weird but honestly how much difference does it make to your life?

and second this. Punk has always had a point of pissing people off but to define punk as a left/right wing thing is disingenuous

The "culture" only revolved around a fashion. It never "lived". It's only been romanticised over the years.

DIY music making is alive more than ever now. you even get to illegally pirate stuff from a major corporation as the very first step!
with this attitude soundcloud rappers are punk as fuck

>anarchists
>also want communism
I have yet to hear a compelling argument for how anarcho-communism would work. For something to be truly anarchistic and have anything resembling a society left over, it would have to be anarcho-capitalist, and even then you're following the de-facto law of the NAP. I guess you could be one of those Stirner anarchists who thinks that you aren't entitled to anything that you can't take/defend, but everything would be fucked if that happened.

Radical centrism is the new punk

Punk's alive, but not necessarily in the same old form. A lot of metropolitan areas around the US have DIY scenes where most of the music is either some form of punk or punk inspired. It won't have some kind of massive mainstream cultural force type relevance, but that's not the point of such local DIY scenes.

>T.Sargon

Seriously though it really is the only way forward in these times.

>Most Western governments are right-wing or neoliberal

>Wealth divide is growing drastically

>Vast majority of current world conflicts can be traced back to American/Euro imperialism

>Globalization is fucking over working class in developed countries while turning the developing world into one large sweat shop

>More people are displaced than ever before

>Climate change is rapidly destroying the world and displacing million while the right wing elite continue to profusely deny its existence

>Some stupid fuck on the internet thinks s bunch of bitchy prepubescent and teenage girls on the internet represent the societal status quo and a threat to western society.

I feel like local DIY scenes fit the genre better than overwhelming commercialization anyway

Very true and this is why while I love the classic punk shit i accept the term is pretty much obsolete now

>If you spend all day reading buzzfeed maybe. But that probably accounts for >10% of people.
The fact that you can't say things that would have been fine 10 years ago means that the left has completely taken control of culture, until Trump won of course. Now the overton window is turning, and I will contribute to helping the pendulum swing.

this is accurate in my experience but it's really neutered. when i was a young buck upping the punx it was all about being really really nice to each other and respecting gender equality. had to quit when it got too focused on who could be the most politically correct about the newest gender issue. i guess that was like ten years ago
is it still like this? i literally wouldn't be surprised to find out one day it was some cointelpro shit going on

I'd agree with you to an extent. But can you not see how progessivsm has been hijacked by powerful people with an agenda. Its funny how all this SJWy crap came up around the hight of occupy wall street. Its also kinda funny how that same sjw crap led to the end of occupy. Real joggin to the noggin..

>profits from increasingly degenerate societies
>secretly organizes occupy wall street
>hijacks progressivism with idiotic memes
>hijacks conservatism with idiotic memes
>"i'd agree with you but can't you see how progressivism's been hijacked?"

We must seize the memes of production.

Not all of the scene is like this. Only one of the venues that advertises itself as a "safe space" is like that here, and it mostly does emo shows, too. Hell, for the most of it, the overt aspects of PC culture comes up more in the emo/melodic hardcore/pop punk side than it does in the hardcore/powerviolence/grind/old school style stuff I usually go to. The latter also often tends to be a lot less PC in the context of occasional fights starting, some of the armed black gang members showing up when they are held in the shadier areas, etc. Otherwise, in about the last five or so years, I know two guys that got falsely accused of rape, both of which were obviously found out as fake accusations.

It's fascinating how from at least a surface observation, it seems that harder music equates to less stereotypical "PC" stuff, even though if we start looking at the lyrical themes, some of that shit leans VERY hard left. Also perhaps because the harder music is less inviting to some of the suburb kids.
Oh yeah, for sure.

Johnny Ramone was a Republican

He was the exception in an overwhelmingly leftist genre

Do punks still wear spikey jackets?

There's literally a band called Who Killed Spikey Jacket.

Is that a yes?

Not only is punk alive and well, this album is just as important today as it was back in 1980.

Fuck Trump!
Fuck the alt right, especially the nazi scum that are trying and failing to hijack punk and make it their own!

NO TRUMP!
NO KKK!
NO FASCIST U.S.A.!

And NO! I WON'T STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM YOU RACIST PIECES OF SHIT! KYS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!

ALT RIGHT NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF!

Hopefully

>Like asking "is nihilism dead" because people aren't reading nietzsche
Thinking Nietzsche is a nihilist

It only lasted for like 5 years, everything after 83 is just pretending.

cringe

It is impossible for me to believe this post isn't satire. It is too perfect.

No, it lives on in soundcloud hip-hop.
>Silly, ridiculous fashion
>Scuzzy, lo-fi production due to a refusal to conform to norms
>Intentionally alienates outsiders and has a close knit culture

>I saw the singer in a punk band that has been on Fat Wreck Chords threaten to call the cops on a kid and lie to get him in trouble

Punk was dead long before this

dont know dont care

i listen to dead kennedys, sex pistols, black flag and misfits all day erry day and i dont need recognition from a bunch of degenerates that adhere punk culture

i usually just lie that i dont listen to punk when i talk to them

I knew a lot of "punks" that wear spikey jackets around 2004-2014. I dont go out anymore except for work so I dont know what people wear anymore.

I knew someone would say this when i wrote it. I never said he was

lol you're so deluded

the alt right is a parody of itself

do you ever listen to the words you say

Yep.

For some reason, that first video and your description of a "real punk scene" really got me interested.

You can't kill ideas.

is this what punk is?