Is it possible to get into religion as an adult?

Is it possible to get into religion as an adult?
If I've spent 22 years not really knowing staying a firm agnostic I can't truthfully say I have faith although I would love the benefits of a Christian lifestyle and my father would love for me to join his church. Right now I cannot say I live a sin free life but I am incredibly depressed and I think these things definitely are correlated although I'm not using that as an excuse for my own choices.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We have British theatre, British films, a British press, British literature, British art and British broadcasting.
The objection was raised against us in the past that it was not feasible to remove the EU from the arts and from cultural life, because there were too many of them.
That we'd be unable to fill all the vacant positions - all this has been brilliantly proven wrong.

If the EU-funded newspapers think they can intimidate us with their hidden threats, and if they believe that they can get around our defensive measures: They better watch out.
Our patience has it's limits. One day we'll shut their dirty, lying Euro mouths!
And if the other EU newspapers are of the opinion that they can now, with flags flying,
swing over to our side, then we can only give them the answer: Please don't go to any great expense!

Members of the Leave Campaign and UKIP, don't worry! The end of the Brussels Terror is closer than you think.

What we dreamed for years has become a reality. The symbol of the unification of all classes of British people has become the symbol of the new Commonwealth, and thus it has become the standard of the British people. The most precious possession you have in the world is your own people. And for this people, and for the sake of this people, we will struggle and fight, and never slacken, never tire, never lose courage, and never lose faith.

The great time has just begun. Britain has awoken. We have won our battle with Brussels, now we have to win over the British people. I know, my comrades, that it must have been difficult at times when you desired change that never came, so again and again the appeal had to be made to continue the struggle. You mustn't act yourself, you must obey, you must give in, you must submit to the overwhelming need to Brexit.

I am all for Brexit and worry that our governments pandering to young liberals might win them the referendum but could you answer my question?

Any time you want.

Some say the archangel Michael gives you an extra hour to repent when your time is up just to screw with evil.

Nobody (except Jesus) lives a sin free life, mate.

Take solace in the fact that we are all incapable of being good. Try your best, let God do the rest.

I suggest finding a pastor or at least a real Christian to speak with in person.

based michael, what a lad.

I tried becoming religious but could not do it.

Bruh, Christianity is all about inclusivity. It's never too late for anyone . Go read the gospels (Matthew mark Luke and John) and you will see what i mean

OP, you can even start with just one. They all tell the same story. (Some just have more of Jesus' side quests.)

I was in the same boat mate, only nobody in my family or friendship circle are Christian, still, I prefer the Christian lifestyle to the lifestyle I had when I was an edgy radical atheist teenager, I've been a Christian for years now and I feel more positive and motivated each day knowing that God has my back.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Op if you're going to go, go all the way.

Roman life or Byzantine life. Trad values work and have worked for thousands of years. I started Roman life as an adult and never looked back.

Everyone I grew up with is either cohabitating without marriage or kids. They have pets instead of children. Or they turned gay, or are just bitter lonely atheists. I didn't want that life, none if it.

I have rejected modernism completely. And guess what? I'm not alone. I chose Roman life, strict observance.

When I find a wife she will be moral, want a family and will believe that divorce is an impossible solution. Her family will back this lifestyle up.

If her parents are not devoted to the Roman lifestyle it's a no go.

This is the safest possible way to enter into a partnership.

Ephesians 6 12

Words to live by...

>Is it possible to get into religion as an adult?

Yes it's very possible.

>If I've spent 22 years not really knowing staying a firm agnostic I can't truthfully say I have faith although I would love the benefits of a Christian lifestyle and my father would love for me to join his church.

This is the wrong reason. I know I'll get attacked for this, but the Holy Spirit has to find a home in your heart. You have to be open. One day you'll feel it.

The only other way is to will yourself to believe out of sheer obedience to a God who you don't even know, and might not ever know. Please don't torture yourself. This is not what spirituality is supposed to be about.

Spend a year. Open your heart. Seriously LOOK for God. A real agnostic is someone who doesn't believe but never gave up looking. I used to be one of these. I spend 10 years of my life waiting to feel the stirrings of the Holy Spirit inside me. It's a sinful thing to demand from God, but he'll give it to you if it's really what you need.

You will never truly believe in god unless its imposed to you from your childhood.

That is not true for me at least.

Nothing was imposed on me, although it was pretty strongly encouraged. This is after Vatican II of course, but even the clergy repeatedly told me to question my beliefs.

Are you telling me you did not believe in God when you were a child? I don't believe you unless you are not your enviroment was not the American average.
>although it was pretty strongly encouraged
kek

I hope we can reconcile with the SSPX crowd soon.

Don't change religion because of Sup Forums memes you idiot.

Well, you know, you bet brought up a certain way by and you pretty much wind up going along with it because you feel as thought its expected. But that doesn't mean you believe in it.

It took a long time for me to decide.

I wasn't raised X-tian at all.

I found my faith though. Prayer works. Blessings work. Confessional was the best thing I have done as an adult.

If op wants to reject progressive liberalism and seek refuge in trad lifestyle in I say more power to him.

If you like the values of traditionalism then live them. How does that require actual belief in God?

>against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Sounds exactly like the Pope, evil has infiltrated the Roman Catholic church, it's evident by his actions with mudslime refugees.

Also Psalm 23 is beautiful, man.

So you are saying if I grabed your kid self and asked if he believed in god he would say no? come on man, you're not European I know you're lying.
>I wasn't raised X-tian at all.
Did you believe in god though?

Read a book called God Has Spoken. It should help you deal with a lot of false teachings of the world.

Also here is a pastebin full of info.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

It is possible. I spent most of my life as an atheist and die hard evolutionist.

go to churches near you, find one with a balance of ages, ask the pastor about stuff. dont ask catholics, they're heretics.

Wew lad, let me help.

Christ gve his Church to Peter to administer. Roman life has an unbroken direct lineage going straight back to Peter.

The Pope is an easy target for haters. Don't believe the hype.

A global community needs organization lol

My kid self kind of weaseled his way around saying yes or no, at which point I knew the answer wasn't yes. I kept up with it anyway because I thought it was still basically good stuff, and especially I thought whatever these stories in this book are, they're really good advice.

Not when I was younger.

But I found my faith.

Being agnostic is the only rational choice

Its never too late dude.
>be me
>be 6 months ago
>be 22 years old then
>was a shithead in my younger years to a extreme
>found Jesus in a very unlikely situation
>quit my $147,000/year job a week after New Years Eve
>life hasn't been this good for a very long time

Remember dude. Paul once murdered Christians.

Bullshit, unless your parents are really well off I just don't see how the American everyman could be an atheist when that young.

>agnostic parties
>agnostic community

No thanks, Roman life is joyful and full of like minded people. Have fun with your ongoing rebellion though.

You have a really wrong view about us.

That's all I can say. You asked, I answered honestly. Move on.

Paul is always a comfort to me. Also consider King David. He did all sorts of terrible stuff but God still forgave him. I love Proverbs and Psalms.

Idk. If you join a church the congregation will non stop try to set you up to date the born again single mother whores. That shit made me quit church. Disgusting desu

America has a large number of people who are downright culty Jesus freaks. But also a large number of people who run the rest of the spectrum. A lot of people decide they don't like the way they were brought up, whichever way it was.

>Protestants near me

Not in Roman life. God save us from DIY protestor 'churches'.

Then how does any religion grow in the first place. Look at Christianity in China.

You cant force yourself to believe ridiculous things if you werent indotrinated from childhood.

if you start living a Christian lifestyle and reading the bible God will show Himself to you. He did for me after being a fedora atheist for 16 yrs

>Mary worship
>Intercession of saints
>confession to men in boxes
>purgatory

I was an atheist for all my life up until age 26. Try again.

This. If you're actually thirsty for God. He will show himself to you.

>ridiculous

The only thing ridiculous is casting aside working ancient traditions for untried progressive liberalism.

Most Russians are based. You are the other kind. I hope your Godless atheism works out for you cupcake.

You can, if with difficulty.
But if you should is a different question.
One that I cannot answer for you.

>Confessional was commanded by Christ and protestors have not been saved or forgiven
>The Mother of Christ was a most Holy vessel and deserves to be honored
>Study of the lives of the Saints is not only historically important but also has excellent moral value

Besides, protestors have saints after a fashion. Calvin, Martin Luther...

This is God calling you.

Get saved bro, there's not long left. Soon you'll see this both as a Sup Forumsack and a Christian.

Getting born again isn't easy. And you don't get it right straight away either. You're gonna fuck up.

But that's the point. We as fallible humans make mistakes.

That's why Jesus sacrificed himself for us.

Here's a thought for you OP: Everyone on this Malaysian fly fishing board will either be in heaven or hell within the next decade. Where do you fancy being?

Jesus is waiting for you, with open arms. His love eclipses that of any friend or family or girl you've ever known.

Confession to God! Not to man.

Honored sure but not worshiped and you know full well people do put her on the same level or above God the Father. I honor King David as well.

You also know that people pray to saints instead of Jesus Christ very often.

What exactly do you mean by that?

>You have a really wrong view about us.
Are you saying the vast majority of American atheists are not from upper middle to rich family background?

>there's not long left
The greatest secret untold on /pol. We keep it to ourselves but yeah. Not much time /pol.

We were instructed to confess the nature of our sins to one another. God already knows your sin...

What have they been teaching you at that Lutheran DIY nightmare you attend?

>the happening
>untold secret
>on Sup Forums

>let me tell you about your Country

It is possible OP. I went back to Church at Christmas and I've went every sunday since. I stopped because I was lazy, but it really does make you whole again

The institution you think religion is will be destroyed by God.
If you wan't to be religious , trully.... you have to speak to God.

I'll remain as you until it's too late, if I have to, OP. That way, when and if the rapture comes, I can remain to spread God's word and fight His enemies. Spare me salvation till my last breath, user - when I have proof, if I ever have that little piece of evidence that makes me a believer, then i'll go in whole heartedly and die for the sake of true justice. I'll know I was wrong when the end has come.

I'm a shutin, can I still be a Christian without going to church

Religion is a mental illness...

No, sorry.

To be a Christian you have to be one.

That's not an argument.

Christians are more aware of a happening than a highly tuned Ron Paul memester :^)

No, but it is not that difficult going to church, user

fuck it then

Yeah, but you'll be misinformed if you don't go I'd say

I've heard varying opinions on that, but if you haven't at least been baptized then you should probably start there.

You know I'm right.

Yep, keep on doing what is working so well for you.

Best of luck

At 22 years old you're not even fully grown yet.

You're not, fuck off lol

Now let it go

only option I have I'm afraid

I don't need to debate someone who subscribes to adult fairy tales. It would be the same as some kid trying to argue the existence of Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

Most of the time there's nothing going on in a church. Often you can just wander in and have some quiet time alone, or maybe somebody will be there that you can talk to privately.

Or if it's an RC church show up for confession and you won't even really have to talk to somebody face to face. I don't recall if that's technically against the rules or not, but chances are you'll get better advice than from Sup Forums.

And yet here you are. A whole world to explore and a whole Internet to browse.

And you are still seeking God. You can lie to me, but be honest with yourself.

God is different though.

And here you are, getting butthurt.

The only true religion is Buddhism, mostly because it's not a religion at all (no dogma).

The core tenets are that life is suffering and the way to escape suffering is to become mindful (look it up) and free yourself from worldly desires. It's good stuff. You don't even have to buy into reincarnation.

You can joke all you want, user, but we're all looking for meaning. I too want to find God. It's not so easy for me to believe either.

why give up your free will to christianity?

It's best to stay who you are.. not a slave

Who says you have to give up free will?

I suppose one would have to consider the fruits of this ideology.

I mean obviously Bhuudism has explored the world, space, cured disease, put a flag on the Moon.

Oh wait no. Bhuudists nations just sort of stagnate and rot. This liberal obsession with Bhuudists is cute though.

Huh?

The writers of the bible.. and the ones who started Judaism

>Free yourself of worldly desires
Not entirely true. Buddha would say that the secret to happiness is to be free of desire so his disciples would develop the desire to not desire. Its a trick to teach people that all you can control is your reactions to circumstances

Reply below you

this one

Looking for meaning? I choose to accept the scientific proof on how humankind came into being. When I die my remains will decompose. End of story. No soul, no afterlife and no "god" waiting to judge me. But please, continue to believe in your myth and I'll continue to live my life to the fullest everyday.

I guess I'm not familiar with where it says that. It's really more of a code of conduct, much like the IRL legal system. I think both are mainly good ideas, so I voluntarily follow both for the most part.

Bhuuda was a rich kid who got btfo by reality, sat under a tree for 40 years and finally decided that people who are suffering should be helped.

Good job big guy.

It's never too late OP and from experience I've been to many churches of different denominations and you'll be more than welcomed by most.

I'm a recluse and really church atmosphere lets you be as social or antisocial as you want for the most part.

Buddhism has good elements and I incorporated it into my life but I wouldn't recommend stopping there as part of a religious faith but that's me.

>wanting some god thingy and stuff
>not just chilling in your coffin as a spooky skeleton
Like seriously once you're dead you should stop caring about trivial shit like religion and just fucking take that well earned nap.

Wait, you know the Big Bang is still theoretical right? So don't talk about proof, you have faith.

And as for human origins how can you still honestly think we evolved here when pre-humans have zero human bones? Not one.

We just popped up, pretty much out of nowhere and started taking over. We are not in balance with nature. It is as if all of this Earth was given to us.

You tell me how RNA self-created and replicated lol.

Awww, did you miss your pic?

Cucked

How can you live a traditionalist life if you're not a member of a fucking church?Half of traditionalism is about the evolutionary advantage of being a member of an insular community like a church

This