Oh don't mind me, just being the best jazz album since 1969

oh don't mind me, just being the best jazz album since 1969

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/75278325/#75279162
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in b4 "it's not complex so it's bad"

this album is objectively, quantifiably, mathematically uninteresting
don't make us break it down again you pitchfork drone

Do you think Fantano regrets giving The Epic a 9/10?

no, he doesn't understand jazz, he unironically thinks this is complex and touches the soul

oop there it is!

That's a legitimate and justified criticism though. Complexity is what makes music good. You wouldn't listen to an album of only one note would you?

you'd be surprised by how many mouthbreathers here would actually do just that if it were packaged and marketed the right way

Black Saint was The Epic of the 60's

loads of you faggots listen to post rock, ambient, and drone music

I don't, but can you show me any that are just one note?

What exactly do you think would be a legitimate critique of an album?

pro-tip: if your answer involves "emotion" in some way I'm going to laugh my way on out of this thread

he was responding to the complexity thing not the one note thing

Definitely not the best, but it's decent. Maybe like a 7/10 but this is Spiritual Jazz. Alice Coltrane made Spiritual Jazz albums in the 70's that are far better than this album. Along other albums that are way better.

>Journey in Sarchidananda, Sextant, Bitches Brew, On the Corner, Roxy & Elsewhere, Space is the Place, Music is the Healing Force of the Universe, Jack Johnson, Crossings, Waka/Jawaka, Brötzmann/Van Hove/Bennink, Prepare Thyself to Deal With a Miracle, Head Hunters

I can keep going and that's only from 70 to 73

Completely irrelevant, unless somebody claims that some post rock, ambient, or drone album is better than the epic, which nobody has done.

>1969
how much do you want to bet he's talking about Karma?

there are loads of post rock, ambient, and drone albums better than the epic

The funny part is that for a long time you people were still trying to claim that it just wasn't true that kamasi only plays pentatonic shit. now that it's proven beyond a doubt the argument has shifted to being "there's nothing wrong with that"

>Complexity is what makes music good.

well, that's enough Sup Forums for tonight.

1977 called, it wants its place.

Off to go listen to that one note album eh?

My guess my /guye/

if complexity is the most important thing to you, you shouldn't be listening to jazz

He's never heard science fiction

>complexity is the most important thing
except nobody said that you dumb berry

I was thinking In a Silent Way

That album came out in 1967 and I can almost guarantee you that it would be completely over OP's head

I was using that as a reaction pic, HE'S SO HAPPY!

Also give this a listen, pic related. If you liked in a silent way.

I need a run down.

Try again.

Let's hear them?

Last week somebody said Kamasi Washington only plays a few simple scales in his solos and somebody else called it bullshit so he posted a bunch of transcriptions showing that its true.

*plays D major blues*

>major blues
stop pretending you're any better than the plebs you musically illiterate boob

If you condemn this but unironically listen to joanna newsom you need to fucking hang yourself... or i'll do it for you

if fantano gave it a 10, these fucking faggots would laud it as aoty

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/75278325/#75279162