Why aren't you a singer?

Why aren't you a singer?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0fZUIbVCatD
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing
vocaroo.com/i/s07VTT8obCLT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dunno, what do you want me to sing?

cause I do it in my head and I already did for a band and I was bad at it. but why limit myself to one voice when I can sing many at once on a piano or guitar?

Cause I suck shit and all end up hurting my throat cause I suck

Because I sound like shit when I'm recorded.

This

i try my best to sing but my range and vocal technique is honestly shit. i should get some lessons.

My range and technique are probably shit from only watching YouTube videos

I haven't been able to sing well over the last few days because my voice has turned incredibly gravelly and hoarse. I'm not sure if I'm just sick from something or I'm slowly throwing out my voice from singing too hard.

because i already fucking killed myself

Oh yeah? How did you post this then?

Because I can't sing very well.

i posted it for him

You could if you practiced

oh ok that makes sense

I have no aspirations to become one and my upcoming throat surgery could very well destroy my voice. Why even bother at that point?

That might make you sound even cooler though

I wouldn't want to be a singer, i'd rather play an instrument and be in the background then be in the spotlight.

im wary of expressing myself for public consumption

maybe im autistic like that singer si or whatever her name is?

my voice is to high and I want to sing with a deep voice
it is pain

I am. I just can't find a band to sing with

Because I can't sing for shit.
I always wanted to be a singer when I first started listening to music, but then I recorded my voice and listened back to it and that put an end to that so I started learning guitar.

two headed boy pt 2

I suck

It kinda seems like I'd really need a guitar to make it sound even remotely right.

This is why I'm not.

vocaroo.com/i/s0fZUIbVCatD

because making bleeps and bloops is much more fun

I'm trying

because I can't.
it's probably incredibly expensive to get a good teacher, and just singing along to shit and listening to yourself won't do shit.

I do a man rendition of the Cocker version of With a Little Help

Can't tell what key to sing in
Always hurt my throat
Push too much air
Try too hard
Shit technique

also even if I got a teacher I'd just be so bad I'd be too embarrassed after the first lesson I'd never go back. and I'm way too quiet of a person to be any good at singing. I have trouble just talking to people because they always say to speak up and "stop mumbling" as if it's my fault their hearing sucks ass.

I'd be bad at it.

But I am OP, I sing baritone in my college chorus.

singing is gay

voice bad
Also, my throat is tired after singing for 10 minutes. It's probably because of a lack of exercise, but if i do that and do it badly I could damage it even further.
Sometimes I really wonder how singers like Liam Gallagher did it without formal teaching. Just raw talent I guess?

I used to scream for some metal band, but we barely got to finish 1 song and i got tired of it, lost all contact with the band afterwards.

Singing would help you being less mumbling

because my dad beat me as a child

rofl

Because no matter how talented you are, you need to know rich and powerful people in the industry.

Cause I rap instead nigga

Practise how?
A realistic method that doesn't include people hearing my fucking shambles of a voice

After getting up and singing poorly fronting a group with some friends I decided to get singing lessons. They were expensive ($90/lesson, one per week) and I stopped after 3 months, but I learned enough that I can sing at a level that surprises people. If I could I would continue.

Advice to others: Learning melodies comes with rote practice and some songs you may already know, the big hurdles are learning to breath properly and making the proper mouth movements to resonate the best. If you're having trouble getting your head around breathing, realize that it is not your diaphragm that you need to control, as most instructors (including my own) would tell you, it is a set of muscles that lines your rib cage. Puff them out to grab as much air as you can, and hold them out for as long as you can while you exhale to create a steady stream of breath out, this is how you sound good and consistent when you sing and also allows you to hit higher notes in your range with more ease.

Because singing is the most boring aspect of music by far.

no time, had to give up opera

because I can only sing, and everybody I know who plays instruments likes to sing on their own

you're fucking nuts, dude

my voice is just fucking terrible. No matter how technically good i got at singing it would sound like shite

Shut up James Bond

hey what's up, it's me, the guy who has a pretty good knowledge of music theory and can sing pretty well but can literally play no instruments
should I even try be honest

This, faggot vocalists always ruin good melodies and vocal wankery is worse than any other instrument wankery

How do you breathe properly and avoid strain of throat

I am and I have a good range. It took a long time though.

>when I'm recorded

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragmatic_breathing

i do sing and i'm good
it's a good time

Teach me

I sound perfectly fine to myself and other people when I'm not recorded, I did karaoke a good few times and people loved it, but then I tried recording myself at home, and I played it back, and it was super fuckin nasally and I could like hear the spit in my mouth and shit and it was awful

give me a song to sing
preferably one in a baritone/bass range

Johnny cash hurt

>then I tried recording myself at home, and I played it back, and it was super fuckin nasally and I could like hear the spit in my mouth and shit and it was awful
I know that feel. What is happening is you sucking at recording. Don't ever bother to record yourself if you don't have some kind of educational background in sound

step 1: know how to match pitch and read music. will make everything else possible/easier.
step 2: feel like you're singing from your eyes. lots of people hate how their voice sounds on recordings because it's literally different to you inside of your own head, and the sound isn't usually focused at all. if you try and spin the sound from the mask of the face, it'll help
step 3: look for more help than Sup Forums if you're interested. if you're near a university with a music program there are usually performance students or music ed students who are willing to do lessons once a week for a decent price, because they need the experience giving private tutelage

I don't

Nah

Does anyone ITT have experience with voice lessons? Did it help? I've improved on my own, but it's hard to teach myself beyond where I'm at currently. My biggest issue is resonance.

You can't practice if you don't sing. If you keep being so self conscious you're never going to make it anywhere.

My voice placement is shit

I have no mouth

Yeah I reckon that sounds like a good idea. Making instrumentals is much more fun for me anyway :>

How do you sing in the mask of your face? I keep hearing this

vocaroo.com/i/s07VTT8obCLT
tried

No

I don't have a natural singing voice. I can kinda match pitch but it wobbles back and forth from the actual note.

I can't

i'm the exact opposite

what's your range, mine is d2-f4. that deep enough for you? let's trade

Poopoo

I've tried. I suck

It's because you're not used to hearing your voice from outside of yourself. When you're talking, the sound is coming primarily from within yourself, which changes the characteristics drastically. Record yourself with a shitty mic and show someone you know the recording and they will say "yeah, that sounds just like you. That's you talking"

Kind of like how you might see friends and family, but if you see group pictures with yourself included, it might seem a little off

No

think forward. sing forward.

> when I'm recorded
Right.
Riiiiight.

already been explained boyo

I don't listen to guys singing, I'd sing if I were a girl

keep practicing your upper range!! I used to not be able to go past an E4, but now I can go up to Ab, or even Bb on a really good day

Because I'm pretty sure you need to know how to play and instrument or read notes to become one.
God i wish i actually had a chance in becoming a singer.

>play guitar in friends room at a party because drunk/bored
>QT girl comes in to listen
>"yo why don't you sing?"
>"can't sing sorry, only play"
>"what use is playing guitar if you don't sing?"
>mfw

half true. I've heard recordings of myself singing live and I think they sound phenomenal. Recording me singing in my bedroom with a freaking blue yeti sound like shit

years of very heavy smoking.

No interest in recording.

Because not confident enough.

at least you tried, user

Problem with nasal voice, I sound like a faggot.

I can actually. But I just have a bad voice for it. The melody and notes are there (some off pitch), but my voice just sounds bad. Sounds dopey and lazy.

Because my nose got fucked up when i was a kid so I have breathing problems that really fucks with my singing and makes me sound nasely. the surgery is expensive as shit.
......I practice all the time too. tfw I'll never sing like my inspirations