He can't keep getting away with it

He can't keep getting away with it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s53ftBkyLZM
youtu.be/s53ftBkyLZM
youtube.com/watch?v=1GNk4DhB5AU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

???

I find some of his reviews questionable, but he's better than the average Sup Forumstant

Hello Anthony, review the new Ruins of Beverast pls

Why doesn't he review rock albums?

Dadthony rewards those who are patient
>implying he's not /ourguy/

because rock is a dead genre

I didn't ask why he doesn't review new rock albums.

I strongly suspect that Fantano namedropping Sup Forums every once in awhile is the reason why so many newfags with basic ass taste are on this board.

Dude he just reviewed GY!BE's new album, Foo Fighters' new album, QOTSA's new album, All of King Gizzard's albums, Brand New, Arcade Fire... Like dude

fuck...

wtf I love Anthony now

no shit

>Sup Forums was my secret club before some e-celeb start talking about it
this board always had basic taste, even before fantano
radiohead was always beloved on here

its not
you should know its not
its all about gamergate and the 2016 us election

He admitted that he visited Sup Forums in one of his recent videos. It's not a coincidence.

>All of King Gizzard's album

No he didn't.

Yeah, but what about good rock albums?

nigger he admitted that he visited Sup Forums like 5 years ago

I'm sure I saw a pic on him doing that AMA thing on reddit where he said that he's been visiting Sup Forums since 2006
and his music taste is basic as fuck
not a coincidence

Fantano doesnt know what that is

>radiohead
>basic

In what way isnt Radiohead basic wtf

Once a band becomes the punchline to a big bang theory joke it can be considered basic

Wait when did that happen

not an argument

People need to layoff criticizing critics.
That's me criticizing people who criticize critics.

Let the guy be.

t. fantano

youtube.com/watch?v=s53ftBkyLZM

Radiohead is entry level pseudo-artsy shit like 99% of this boards music taste

Being a professional critic who critizes people criticizing people who criticize critics I say we need to layoff critizing people who criticize critics because fantano is an absolute faggot

anthony will leave our board if you post 'shoo shoo anthony'

Well yeah. He's also to blame for shit threads like "personal 10/10s" and "is it good in your opinion". He's a tumor.

youtu.be/s53ftBkyLZM

Okay but literally how does Penny know Radiohead and Sheldon doesnt. I mean isnt Penny supposed to listen to shit pop and edm and maybe pop country or whatever?

KEK
E
K

>Fantano
>a critic
Kek, he's a vlogger who says timbres, off-kilter and then throws a number on the end based on how much he likes things. He couldn't be any less critical.

>I mean isnt Penny supposed to listen to shit pop and edm
yes, she does listen to Radiohead

Oh shit. Good point user

I guess the writers thought: "So penny is a lowest common denominator type of girl, so what is the most obscure band that she can think of?"
Voila

Watching that show disqualifies you from critical discussion.

I do not watch that show. I'm just familiar with the characters. Sorry

Some of the chicks from my college that remind me of Penny dont even know Radiohead

>accused of being Anthony Fantano

Yeah but who really cares he has a youtube channel and you people cry over everything he says. Foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I disagree

Concurred.

Just look at and the commentsection

I see that he has influence over loser teenagers who, in the age of the internet, are ironically the most powerful social force around. He essentially as an army of kids who repeat his shit everywhere which affects the industry. If he gives a new band a bad review his shitty followers will go around calling them shit forever. Add to that how his criteria is just random thoughts he pulls out of his ass and his scores are just based on how much he likes it at the time of recording. He's a problem.

Why do radioheadfags think lyring about their popularity makes them seem cool for liking an """obscure""" band?

clever editing to keep his alter-ego intact

They're like the 5th or 6th band that anyone here got into

Are you retarded

I don't disagree with you besides that he himself is a 'problem'. Hasn't this been the case for all critics though from magazines to now? It's just the filter for idiots is the youtube internet funnel now which is more efficient.

He's still a kid himself. I personally would like to see reviewers breaking new acts and reviewing even more music outside of the major labels if they have the platform. Speaking of which... There's room for an independent or obscure reviewer of music that isn't mainstream or from a major label and but won't this yet unnamed internet critic also face the same issues after the idiots are funneled through the youtube internet funnel?

Think.

Radiohead are a popular band and you're not special for liking them.

He's a fucking idiot because he keeps promoting Sup Forums so that we're now invaded by summerfags all year

Melon, review industrial so i can hate you more when you give my favorite albums low scores.

hes been here for a while

what review is this from?

There are good critics historically, but their audience are people who can call them out. There's no point in a critic for the casual audience because they don't care. What Fantano does is act as a reference for kids who think they're smart to base their adopted opinions on while he gets off on his own self-importance.
I bet there are good critics out there.

wow, it's like we both watched the OP's video or something

Lol fuck off of this board and never come back

Name ONE(one)(1) good rock album from this decade.

He is giving Sup Forums TOO MUCH CLOUT.
newfag plebs incoming...

this hurt to watch

YOU ARE DESCRIBING EVERY SINGLE PERSON WITH A POPULAR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

>Radiohead SUCKS, I listen to true avant-garde rock music, The Residents, Faust, Beefheart, Swans, the list just goes on and on...

>his scores are just based on how much he likes it

what else would you base your fucking score on? music is subjective

Sup Forums can't get any worse than it already is

Every youtube channel is shit except how to basic.

>what else would you base your fucking score on? music is subjective
What do you think subjective means? Subjective is one of two ways of engaging with an object. Objectivity is looking at it for what it is, subjectivity is looking at yourself through it. Subjectivity is everything from "I like this" to "this reminds me of the time I pretended to know what I was talking about on Sup Forums !". Objectivity is looking at something critically. You can't criticise something with opinions because you're talking about yourself and you have no bearing on the qualities of an unrelated object.
If you can't get your head around basic ideas like that then you shouldn't be getting involved with analysis and criticism. You should maybe stick to listening to Chain Smokers or some shit.
An objective analysis requires a given criteria with which the qualities of a work are graded against. The review is objective in the context of the criteria. Different critics can value different things. Fantano values none of that, he just likes things and is desperate to be praised for it.

it's not the same video

Because it's not what's hip and cool these days. They don't get nearly as much clicks as he does when he reviews whatever trap garbage of the week comes out

>/ourguy/

only in a thread complaining about anthony fantano bringing newfags to Sup Forums would you find people defending radiohead as anything but entry level

Nah he went to shit a while ago

That sucks.
I only really watch this old American/Peruvian youtube vlogger who live sin Japan anyway. I get some sort of weird, comfy entertainment out of hearing some regular old man talking about nothing.

Anonymous Fantano

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bumping for dadthony

Science Fiction

wtf i hate radiohead now

Link?

Get comfy youtube.com/watch?v=1GNk4DhB5AU

Thanks dude

>Rating art by a given criteria
Literally does not work with art my dude. The single act of defying current genre-standards is what can make an album great for example. What makes Fontano successful is that he exaplains in a very detailed manner why he likes or dislikes a musical piece. He never says that his opinion is final, even though seem to feel that way. Personally, I couldn't rate and describe music in a million years and I respect Anthony for being able to express his feelings in words.

In Rainbows, Koi no Yokan, Diamond eyes.... uhh That's it for me really

Allelujah, the unnatural world, the seer, crack up, lonerism, city music, the NIN ep's

>in rainbows
wrong decade

>le epin thom autism reaction pic xD
How's high school?

>Literally does not work with art my dude
First of all, this is a music board and not an art discussion. Second of all, I'm a practicing artist and you're an idiot, shut up.
Art openings are literally a vehicle for critical discussion as I had outlined. Fuck off comparing human gumby saying he likes a saleable commodity to anything besides a 7 year old's book report or some shit.