Name me one band that wasn't influenced by The Beatles

Name me one band that wasn't influenced by The Beatles.

Other urls found in this thread:

younggodrecords.com/pages/swans
younggodrecords.com/pages/angels-of-light-michael-gira
youtube.com/watch?v=skBJ4UazDaw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buddy Holly and the Crickets

Mozart

The Beatles

Zappa

implying
pic related is "notice me senpai: the album"

Further proof that The Beatles are underrated.

GWAR

Slayer

wu-tang clan

The Beatles

Probably Whitehouse.

They were 0 and 100 percent influenced at the same time

The RZA sampled the Beatles you dip twat

>implying John Lennon beating his wife wasn't a direct influence to Peter Soros

Whitehouse's biggest influence was Yoko Ono's records, and the music on them was almost entirely John, and Ringo and George played on a few of them, so no

Yeah but that's such an obvious one that it shouldn't even count
The only real similarity is the cover

Swans

younggodrecords.com/pages/swans
younggodrecords.com/pages/angels-of-light-michael-gira

CONTROL F BEATLES

Did the man who invented beatles go to beatles

They WERE The Beatles 0_0

Naked City

Dead Can Dance, Lightning Bolt, Hash Jar Tempo, Supersilent, Basehead, Ozric Tentacles, This Heat, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Public Image Ltd, Can

>what is Helter Skelter

FPBP

A shit song.

this is deep

Mozart

>if you remove The Beatles influenced stuff from his discography, none of it is Beatles influenced!

>Can
I remember reading that hearing The Beatles was the reason they decided to keep going with their musical career though. Don't remember where though so no [source]

Its not influenced its a direct parody of the cover and the music doesn't even sound like the beatles

Death grips

The Beatles

Bob Dylan

The Manson family

Ever band that came before The Beatles

Are we talking musically or in terms of image?

The modern popular music landscape DOES owe a lot to the Beatles (or more accurately how they were marketed and proliferated), but that doesn't make them direct influences.

smash mouth

King Crimson/Fripp in general
Curtis Mayfield, though he was a contemporary, much of his career was post Beatles and it would seem his music would be unchanged in a world without Beatles
Brian Eno
Kraftwerk
Synthpop acts in general, they typically used different song structures from the typical Beatles verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus, more complex or at least less traditional harmonic patterns, and didn't rely as much if at all on the 4-piece band aesthetic.
Georgio Morodor/most disco
Most funk that emerged in the '70s despite Sly Stone's own Beatles influence
Sugarhill Gang

A lot of these are "to my knowledge," but it was a fun thought exercise.

it's a parody of their album cover and, actually yeah, of their music and themes. wouldn't you say that's a direct influence? same with Freak Out!

sunn o)

>King Crimson/Fripp
I recall an interview with Fripp where he said A Day in the Life was literally the reason he became a musician/decided to do it as a career. There was some anecdote he had about being in his car and hearing it on the radio and it blew his mind. Sgt Pepper was pretty influential for prog rock anyway.
You might have a point about the synth pop, disco and Brian Eno (at least in terms of his ambient/electronic stuff). I'd add bands like Tangerine Dream and Popol Vuh to the list too.

>Eno
He covered Tomorrow Never Knows on the 801 Live album with Phil Manzanera

yeah I'm this guy and I just checked for you. I was sort of right about Fripp. Go to 3:07 of this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=skBJ4UazDaw

holy shit thank you so much for letting me know that this exists.

yeah, and they're pretty shit

tame impala

The Velvet Underground?

Einstürzende Neubauten

The Velvet Underground
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
Sex Pistols
These are all just guesses, but yea

Yeah I was doubtful of Eno, a guy that played that much with tapes probably got something out of the Revolver sessions.

Well if that isn't a straight nail in the coffin.

Beatles appear to be quite a direct motivation for the formation of the Velvet Underground. There's old quotes of both Lou and Sterling lauding George Harrison in particular, and Cale was pretty big into '60s pop in general. Also, White Light/White Heat sessions used solid state vox "Beatles" amps.

re: Pistols and most other punk rock: way too reliant on the 4-piece band archetype and song structures used by the Beatles.

Elliott Smith.

every noise/onkyokei band

Anyone could tell you that's the biggest lie. He listened nonstop to Magical Mystery Tour for Either/Or

Elliot is essentially an adaption of 60's pop-rock into the acoustic guitar style.He frequently covered the Beatles and bands that they inspired.

shhhh I was trying to go for a include me in the screencap level shitpost

Fripp loves The Beatles and there's at least 2 KC songs about them

Here's your (you)

what did he say that was wrong?

Yung lean. Sad boys
every soundcliud rapper

I know John Lydon was never big on the Beatles, but Glen Matlock at the very least was
There's a scene in the Lemmy documentary where he buys the Beatles box set and talks about how they were the real hard, working class lad band of the 60s, not the Stones
Ozzy Osbourne says hearing She Loves You was what made him want to be a musician
Lou Reed said he didn't like the Beatles, but he said that about everyone, even people he really liked, so that's not saying much desu. I'd imagine John Cale might have liked them, as he was a big fan of the Beach Boys and a fan of one is often a fan of the other, but I find no evidence of it.

Yeah, John liked them and suggests Lou did as well:
>They were a driving force in the Velvets, and made us work harder and got us on our bikes. Rubber Soul was where you were forced to deal with them as something other than a flash in the pan. It was rich in ideas and I loved the way George managed to find a way to include all those Indian instruments. Lou and I had tried to work with the sarinda. We were only playing it just to get a noise but I realised you could play melody on the sitar as good as Norwegian Wood. Norwegian Wood had this atmosphere of being very acid. I don't think anybody has ever got that sound or that feeling as well at the Beatles.

Double Helix samples Mother by John Lennon.

Elvis, nigga

?

Oasis

Don't guess next time you fucking shit because all of those acts LOVED the Beatles.

>doesn't even sound like them
>if you were influenecd by them you have to sound like them.

The Gerogerigegege

any band that came before the beatles