Why is high fructose corn syrup in everything?

Why is high fructose corn syrup in everything?

because it's good for you, if it wasn't good for you then it wouldn't be in foods because it would be banned

Subsidies. Lobbyists.

Corn subsidy makes it cheap.
Cheap shit is cheaper that less cheap shit.

i just reported this, have fun in the pokey, faggot

cheap

>HFCS in bread

America, what the fuck are you doing?

This is the reason. Anything else is a conspiracy theory without strong basis.

Not the stuff I buy.
>inb4 what a blue pilled faggot he only buys organic
Keep projecting poorfags as you eat the inedible Jew while I watch you all get fat and die young.

>Insert Americans only grow corn maymay
We put sugar into everything too. Brain gets bored when you eat too much of something except for sugars. It always makes it light up like a bulb.

Process your food instead of buying refined.

Because it's the cheapest form of sugar and sugar is addictive.

Nothing is without basis. Who decided to subsidize corn?

It's subsidized up the ass.

This. I guarantee the US could solve half its obesity problems if they just stopped subsidizing corn.

Why are you subsidizing something that everyone is already growing?

Third post best post

Because is cheaper than normal not cancerous sugar

What's stopping the US from growing our own sugar? If this was the EU, we'd have a vetted study about the effects of HFCS, but

>muh profits

So we're fucked.

It made sense at one time, but now the current lawmakers are too stupid to fix it and too venal to want to.
Re-apply this explanation as you learn more about my country and see that it logical duct tape.

We do grow our own sugar, both cane and beet, and we grow alternatives too. US agriculture is a leviathan.

Most of my fellow countrymen are retarded when it comes to how to buy and cook fresh delicious and healthy food.

>mfw Americorns advertise food as having "real sugar"

So then, how do we fix it?

Because fat people are worse at fighting then fit people and that is good for the government when they come to disarm you.

Cocktail Peanuts?? what cocktail peanuts? I don't think i've seen HFCS in any of the ones I've looked at. some of these don't seem right, I know a lot of cheap hot dogs have HFCS Solids as the main ingredient.

You can't fix anything in today's society. There is far too much social inertia.

Electoral democracy is just not suited for populations in the millions.

The EPA, congress, and obama mandate a certain amount of ethanol to be mixed into gasoline every year.
We're currently at 14 billion gallons yearly. Every year, that amount increases.

Most ethanol is made from corn

You buy good foods and do not buy (or buy less) bad foods.
It's a market.

Renamed:

Glucose-Fructose Syrup.

Aldi ice cream is full of the shit.

You can't, you just buy good for yourself and your family and then watch your social security system collapse under the weight (pun not intended) of all the obese unhealthy fucks.

Then you start again from scratch.

It's in crap you would think would be safe from it. The corn lobby is pretty powerful here in the US unfortunately. And the more powerful they become the more subsidies they get and so on and so forth.

I've noticed a few "premium" sport and energy drinks have introduced high fructose corn syrup to their formulas in the past few months. Even shit like frozen burritos have it now.

There has been a shift lately. More companies are using sugar again. Still plenty of HFCS out there. I was a soda junkie for the longest time and I would drink so much. I switched to real sugar (preferably cane when I can get it) about 4 years ago and drink about 1/10 as much soda as I used to without even trying. Too lazy to find sources, but there have been some studies saying HFCS is highly addictive.

>The corn lobby is pretty powerful here in the US unfortunately

The only fix is remove legal fictions (corporations) from politics.

Stop eating everything and you won't be a fat fuck. Don't ban the food.