ITT: We talk about GY!BE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l9t8aqTjJ1U?t=12m34s.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

By the way F#A#Infinity is 10/10

Absolutely loved LT, best since LYSF. Bosses Hang is top 5 GYBE

One of the worst bands ever

i like gy!be a lot. Yankee is they're best tho.

I listened to the first track and was pretty hyped, but when I listened to the whole album I was a bit underwhelmed. I do need to listen to it again at some point, got a pretty big backlog at the moment.

Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada is my favourite of their's

>I do need to listen to it again
This is why you all are cucks

i don't know why everyone shits themselves over this crescendocore dronefest

>hurr durr loudness is equals to more badder XD

This is what plebs think in the year 2017

Also, you're comparing a vinyl from 1997 to a digital file from 2017. This is how dumb people on Sup Forums are.

Band shouldnt have bothered to make past three albums unless they were sure it was 10/10 material. Band turned into impatient plebs.

Really? Because the first half of 'Allelujah is *easily* 10/10 material. And Yanqui U.X.O. is disgustingly underrated by people.

What happened to the 2nd half then? Pick up the slack, Godspeed. s m h

Lay off dude gah f'ing jerk

>you are godspeed
>you are known as the band that seemingly only releases instant classics
>You then bother releasing material that you know is no better than a 8.5 and nothing really innovative

Mladic is from 2003, and while still great, the 2003 iteration was actually even better youtu.be/l9t8aqTjJ1U?t=12m34s. I agree with you on Yanqui, even if the production hurts it a little bit. I'd take the production on Yanqui over the muddled shit on Luciferian Towers

Not impatient plebs, just sellouts looking to make some easy money while putting in as little effort as possible. The fact that they split up Bosses Hang and Anthem For No State into three parts strictly for streaming purposes should tell you everything about their intentions.

I think the 2003 version lacked focus and that the 2012 version also sounded sonically different from what they were doing in the decade prior, which was a good addition. I mean, I'm aware that "Mladic" is an old song that they repackaged, but there are differences.

"This band split up their albums into 4 tracks to make money. No band should ever split up their albums at all. It should be one uninterrupted FLAC file."

3/10 troll. Needs more nuance and wit.

That's fair. Personally, I like the faster tempo and increased emphasis on Sophie's violin and Norsola's cello (RIP).
Found that extremely odd as well.

They've completely lost their sound and are genuinely just not as creative instrumentally as they used to be. I also think that their post-apocalyptic post-rock sound can only produce so much original material before it just gets boring.

I never said that. Imagine if they did the same thing to Mladic or Providence. It would essentially kill the flow of those compositions. This shift in philosophy highlights the underlying issue of the band. They've become what they hated.

It doesnt change anything however. If it bothers you so much, make one file for the parts in a daw

In my opinion the shift the band has made in the last few years towards a more stripped down and guitar-based aesthetic is refreshing. There's not as much nuance or sonic variety as there used to be, I will admit, but I think their ability to write melody and bludgeon their listeners with interesting noises is as strong as ever. This isn't their best album, and isn't even their best album since their return, but I feel like people are conflating a shift towards simpler music as a compromise of their sound or them becoming inherently less musically interesting.

GSYBE sucks shit

Bosses Hang Pts 1,2 & 3 are so fucking good

I agree, if they kept making the same music people would complain about muh crescendocore and how they never try new things. People just dont want to be happy

(you)

"Mladic" is one song. "Providence" is a track composed of a bunch of sections. I mean, using this logic you could easily say "why break up the album at all?" I can see where your issues lie, but I also don't see the problem with them breaking up the album in the way they did.

But don't make it about $$$$. That's just silly.

but the music could be good for what it is. Maybe just refining the classic post-rock sound further and further

It is good. Its just nit to your tastes

New album was poop

sum1 go up to one of those pretentious spegs from Godspeed and just tell him that. The reaction would be kek worthy

Legit cringing

>t. godspeed sperg who hides in the shadows

Tru shit

>Calls people spergs
>Acts like one

that doesnt make a difference. also how?

See

Can somebody tell me what word filters to "t."?

Why does expressing my opinion make me a sperg?

> I also think that their post-apocalyptic post-rock sound can only produce so much original material before it just gets boring.
I don't disagree, and that's why I sympathize with them a bit on wanting to change their sound even if it's not as grandiose as it used to be. The problem is that on this record they basically sound like A Silver Mt. Zion or a myriad of other 3rd wave Post-Rock bands. There's nothing special to this sound or material at all
It's not refreshing when their sound isn't unique at all. We agree that the sonic variety and nuance aren't nearly what they used to be but, they also shelved the instrumental interplay. Counterpoint has been replaced by incessant and letheragic layering, creating a really congested and unattractive sound.
The band makes themselves available before shows all the time. If you did say their new music was shit, I'm sure they wouldn't be that offended. They'd be probably even be willing to have a friendly discussion with you.

Well either you unironically call things poop like a toddler or you talk like a 13 year old girl.

how harder can you btfo the ego of a pretencious Godspeed sperg by simply saying their new album was poop? Not even giving the satisfaction of a deeper critique, this emphasizes just how far Godspeed has fallen.

Okay, that's what you think, doesn't make the album suck any less

They dont seem like most post rock bands at all on this record. Seems the farthest theyve ventured from the genre. Bosses Hang and Anthem both have such heavy, metal influence

Children calm down

I don't think anyone doubts that F#A#ininifty and SRFNZC are 10/10

I'm sorry you can't handle other people's opinions and need to lash out with insults

Ive seen some pol/tards and underage fags say otherwise

t. Child who cant handle hes feelings getting hurt
Go cry to your mom you little faggot

But they still incorporate dynamics that showcase some basic sonic variety and have consistently put out songs that feature guitars which not only feature melodies that are separate from one another and play off each other, they've shifted their overall sound towards something you might hear from a noise rock band as opposed to a "traditional" post-rock band.

If their melodies lacked creativity or their drone lacked cohesiveness I could level with you, but I still think the music they're making is great.

>this is the guy that calls other people children and spergs on the internet

Seriously at one point in BH I swear there was 6 melodies going atleast. Shits crazy technical and subtle

If it's not folk it has to be bad i guess.

Aww you upset, need a hug user

I see your point but you have tpconsider the fact that every arist goes through a slump every now and then.

No, he's not saying that. I think he's comparing the quantity of crescendos.

The upper track has 5 crescendos, while the other one has only 2.

And yet people say theyre more crescendocore these days. They arent

Not that guy/girl, but that's an even dumber point

We have degraded to the point where we count how many crescendos there are in post rock songs. Let's stop this.

When did we stop enjoying music mu

Around when Yeezus was released i think.

We should stop being contrarian for the day

>anyone who disagrees with my taste in music is Sup Forums.
This is getting fucking stupid.

>Not understanding

Agreed, im gonna listen to The Smiths even if i hate Morrisey. Have a good evening user

Asunder has a much more doom metal tinged influence compared to this record.
Timbre wise, they do sound more like a noise rock or an atmospheric sludge metal band. The thing is, Mladic has a much heavier sound compared to the tracks here. I would have enjoyed it more if they went into that direction sound wise.

Y-you too

This is a fair point, that they didn't go far enough in the noise rock direction here.

Moya has two crescendos too. Notice the difference?

One has better mastering, the other is form3

Proves that the poor mixing has killed their last two releases

I agree. it's really obnoxious to have to turn up the volume to hear something. That top one is perfect
>mixing

Death Grips on the right?

No it doesn't. It actually sounds like people don't understand anything about the mixing process.

No wonder the last two albums are shit. They're not letting the studio play a role in the recording at all
TBK is one of the most tedious albums of all time

So this is why Motherfucker = Redeemer is so good
Are you hard of hearing?

it's melodramatic and overtly political, and you can't imagine that someone finds it less than 10/10?
GY!BE are a sick band, but they're kinda cringey and self righteous

Not user but its more convenient

Thats not The Seer