Is it wrong to own a gun?

Is it wrong to own a gun?

Other urls found in this thread:

wncn.com/2017/11/17/2-shot-in-durham-were-16-year-old-burglary-suspects-police-say/
twitter.com/MackenzieAstin/status/941459382864437248
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

only if you're a felon or a nigger.

no, why the fuck would it be?

Or he just wants to protect himself you faggot

wncn.com/2017/11/17/2-shot-in-durham-were-16-year-old-burglary-suspects-police-say/

ARs are the best home defense

why would it be? I'm a left leaning, polite canadafag and I own several, with plans to buy many more. Guns are great. What's your problem op?

Depends on the gun and the intent.

If you buy a gun because some redneck told you that you need to be afraid and need to protect yourself, then no you don't need a gun any more than you did before.

If you want to take up sport shooting or hunting, then buy a gun

If you fuck with people, scam people, show your expensive shit to people you hardly know, or will fully live in the ghetto where gunshots are a normal thing, then buy a gun or change your situation.

If you want a gun just because it's a bandwagon thing or you want to feel special or powerful, don't buy a gun.

If you are seeking out your windows every 5 minutes mumbling about a group of people who you are paranoid about, then definitely do not buy a gun.

no

What about keeping the government in check?

>inb4 drones and tanks

No, I’m talking about enough of us having enough guns to cause them to know for a fact that it’s not worth the trouble

The government can overpower us. Be realistic.

Not worth the trouble is the taxes we feed them, the lobbying money they squander, the bribes and affairs and livelihood they have because we have a first world economy and a mass of greedy consumers.

You don't need weapons to keep governments in check, you need money. This is why the federal reserve.

No, most of the military would join the rebels. Don’t be a fool

Yea, just like they defected from vietnam

You do have a point. But Obama did try to bring in the UN right before the election, I wonder what that was for?

the US government is well on its way towards making it legal for companies to intercept internet traffic, analyse the content and then if they wish, censor it

ALL this despite the concerns of everybody from kids all the way up to subject matter experts and congressmen

The ONLY thing that firearms in the US has kept in check in the last decade is the local population of plinking steel

>Is it wrong to own a gun?

Is it correct to own a gun?

Asking in a moral sense, not legal.

Like a doctor swearing do no harm

Fuck that, I'm having a bad day so I'll punch this asshole who came to the ER with a paper cut!

Don't be a moron, military is a trained structured alliance sworn to the government and will act when ordered.

So the internet shouldn’t be a public utility? Why not?

Ever heard of lawsuits and anti-trust laws?

yes
owning a gun=murder and patriarchy
/thread

If you buy a gun, you're only going to want to use it.

Go ahead, buy a brand new smartphone and just set it on the table. Don't power it on or call anyone or anything. Just leave it be until someone calls it, then answer that call.

You need to be prepared when they call.

What the fuck are you talking about. My text clearly denounces the end of net neutrality as a serious concern

My point though was that guns didn't keep the government in check and they haven't for quite some time.

The muricans just roll over and show their yellow bellies every time the government does something like this

No, owning a gun is the correct moral choice to defend yourself and the people you love in this little thing we call life. In a crazy world, one thing I find sane is a good man with a gun in his house

For self-defense? fuck no.

Anytime the government gets its hands on things it fucks it up. The same government that controls the internet can control the food and water too

I'm a different user but I served in the military. I can assure you 99% of people would refuse those orders.

found someone who never served in the military running his cowardly mouth

>can't afford a phone to call the police because he wastes it all on ammo to defend his waifu

>Don't power it on or call anyone or anything. Just leave it be until someone calls it, then answer that call.

But....I didn't power it on?

I served as well for 8 years. Liberals only percieve the military as a tool that someone like Kim Jong Un orders and snap it happens, it’s more complicated than that. When the govt shutdown was about to happen I told my CO if I don’t get paid, I’m not going to work. He said nothing

no i wouldn't, most of the recruits and officers i work with would not turn our guns on innocent civilians

>loses waifu because police took too fucking long getting to your house

dummy up. that could happen to you one day and next thing you know, the girl you bangin every week got niggerized while you sat in a closet hoping police would show up already.

twitter.com/MackenzieAstin/status/941459382864437248

This isn't merely a fuckup, they're using the names of the deceased to try and counter-act the flood of comments from the internet against the FCC (Link Related)

Where are all the guns america? What happened to using them to stop a tyrannical govenrment?

Depends on your reason.

If you own one to defend your life and the lives of others, then you're right.

If you own one in order to compensate for your tiny dick and you are itching to find an excuse to hurt people, then you're wrong.

Of course it isn't wrong to just own a gun, like so many things in the real world there's nuance that determines the "morality" of actions that's being left out. Context is key, like you could ask "is it wrong to kill someone?" and many black and white moralists will say yes, but what if he was about to kill you? Or if he was about to burn down an orphanage or something? In my opinion it'd be ok to kill someone doing that.

TL:DR- Context is key, moral decisions aren't made in a vacuum

Trump happened. He’s doing an ok job for now

The civil war happened you dumb cunt.

Ask the hick states that question, they'll tell you that it was some imaginary friend of theirs.. think they call him Jesus, or something delusional like that.

No, Jesus what kind of question is that. If you're not "allowed" to own a gun but you have one anyway then, legally, you don't even own the gun. Your question begs delving into morality about owning a piece of metal that spits other pieces of metal.

Is it wrong that I own both ammonium and bleach? Or that I own ammonium nitrate? Or that I have a lot of alluminum cans? Or that I could think up ways to do something bad with all of everything I just listed? I'm not gonna do it cause I'm not a bad person. Killing people is retarded, but back the fuck up off my dick just cause I own a kictchen knife.

Guns are cancer it spreads..
In usa i would wanna own a gun too because you dont know who else is gonna rob rape or shoot you. In the countries where guns barely even existed there was no reason what so ever to own a gun. So how to solve this issue you might ask? i dont know cancer is hard to beat

Thread's over far as I'm concerned

Having a gun means you have a small weenie.
A real man can kill with his bare hands.

You must be new here

>If you buy a gun, you're only going to want to use it.
That's what the range is for. Or your shootin' car if you're from the Deep South.

People don't really own guns, the guns own them.

No.

I own 5 guns. I hope to never have to use them other than hunting or range shooting but if I have to use them for self defense, they are there and that is my inherent right: to defend myself.

"It is better to go to the grave having never needing your rifle than to go to your grave wishing you had it."

But self defense is a perfectly good excuse to own and carry a weapon. Legally.

That’s incorrect, since they were invented a man actually kills with a gun in his hands. That’s the way we do things now

I own a gun because I've been the victim of two attempted murders so fuck being unarmed anymore.
>inb4 I did something to deserve it
Just waking down the road to get some burritos and another one was I was playing battlefield 1 and got stressed so I went outside to smoke and boom black guy with gun.

>triggered

Is that a pun? Lol

Then what is?

Stop going around niggers you unlucky son of a bitch.

10-4

I really wish they didn't live all around me

No but if it triggers liberals then I'm all for it

Your English is broken and incoherent, sorry mate

At these prices, it's wrong not to!

Right so we've established that using guns to "Keep the government in check" is a bullshit excuse

I'm glad we could agree

Edge master flex here

At least you don't live around a bunch of faggots

>canadafag and I own several
lair. you cannot own ant real guns.

not a real thing btw.

>triggers

That word gets me every time. They hate guns but they’re always talking about being triggered.

Crazy sons of bitches (shakes head)

These are my babies. That shotgun has kept me safe atleast a dozen times already but my sks is my main defense gun now.

Love M1's but for self defense? uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Sks, not m1 garand

Should get a handgun, its compact

Ehh, I despise Christianity, but nothing cringey like pic related

I'm 19, the moment I turn 21 I'm getting most likely an sccy cxp-2 or a glock 19, haven't decided which

Grab a handgun, since a long rifle isn't exactly the best choice in point blank proximity situations
>like some nigger standing right next to you nignoggin about

>sccy cxp-2

I hope you're joking. Get the glock.

and that's why the Native Americans kicked the European colonists out, oh wait it was pretty much a curb stomp fight. Any society that neglects new technologies will eventually be absorbed by the neighboring countries around them this applies to all technology but especially weapons technology.Even some Native Americans realized the value of guns and written language and adopted them when they were able to (funnily enough the ones who did are in better shape today than the others)

Hell no, and don't question the actions you take as an adult.

Is a 9mm a good handgun to start out and continue on with? I know I could get .22 but I want a something with decent stopping power but no too difficult to handle, and I only want one gun I have no need to work up to a fucking hand cannon

Yes, 9mm is pretty much the best starter handgun caliber. Very effective with modern 147 grain hollowpoints and practice ammo is relatively cheap.

I would go with s&w or HK but thats just my own personal preference. Also don’t get .40, they shoot funny. Your best bet is a 9mm, .38, .357 or a .45

Negative, it's the last thing you'd want...

Save your money towards an M&P Shield or similar products, or find a .45ACP to do the job right.

If i can afford the glock I'll get the glock. If i can't afford the glock I'll have to get the sccy. It's not a bad gun, I've shot two different ones and torture tested an sccy with like 10 boxes of cheap rounds. This was when i had cop buddies to go shooting. Now that I've moved I don't have any cop buddies so I guess its a matter of finance at the time. I love glock, so i am hoping money will be good so I can get a nice one

.40's aren't that bad tbh. but truly what depends most on is shot placement.

Yeah maybe if they were shooting blackpowder as well...

Shotguns makes too much of a bloody mess, guts all over the place. I guess a handgun will do but to put the fear of God in someone breaking in (and his friends) a good .223 AR will do quite nicely

Feeding your imagination...

7.62x39 has waaay more stopping power than .223, ak47 is also more reliable. Best gun for defense

any advocates of smith and wessons?
im in love with my s&wSD9VE
can't beat something modeled off the glock for the price point

What if I want to buy it cheap and than turn around and legally sell it to some shitkicker who's afraid of his own shadow?

A .22 is what you buy if you you're the sort of person who wants to be shooting constantly, all day and you don't have a shitload of money to your name

other than that, a 9mm is basically THE all purpose handgun caliber

223/5.56 for rifles

>Is it wrong to own a gun?

It's foolish not to.

Never tried the SD9, but I love my S&W shield. Best ultraslim 9mm in my opinion.

Except.. you know..... over penetration

>weakling mentality strikes again

That's highly ammo-dependent. A 64 grain softpoint or 75 grain OTM 5.56 is more effective than 7.62x39 FMJ.

A 9mm is an excellent choice, don’t let any of these fags tell you otherwise

Spoken like someone who’s never shot a shotgun before.

[email protected]

shoot me

gonna pick me up a gat soon. was eyeing the M&P for a while.

Anytime? Probably no more the private sector.. Whenever you have bad management, things go wrong.

Here's a saying that should be remembered more often

>Better to have and not need, rather than to need and not have.

Smith and wesson is god tier

the shield is more of a ccw pistol is it not? ive only gotten into large frame pistols so far. the sig p226 navy seal is my next purchase. 9mm all day