/cfb/ general - KILLIN' TIME IN THE OFFSEASON edition

Objects in rearview are closer than they appear.

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailystampede.com/2017/4/21/15386628/usf-tulsa-football-moved-thursday-november-16-espn-aac-charlie-strong-phillip-montgomery-aresco
thecomeback.com/ncaa/early-dark-horse-candidates-group-five-access-bowl-bid-college-football-playoff.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium
google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/ct-las-vegas-major-league-baseball-20170420-story,amp.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Arkansas State, 2017 Fun Belt Champs!

OFFSEASON STILL

Things banned In This Thread
-Liberals
-Anime
-Faggotry
-Debbie
-People who don't use turn signals
-People who unironically think Disneyland is better than Disney World

Third for
>Irish

UPDATED ban list:

>Conservatives
>Anything Japanese at all
>Faggotry
>Debbie and Debbie's boyfriend
>People who don't use turn signals
>People who unironically think Disneyland is better than Disney World
>People who unironically think Terminator is better than Terminator 2
>rapists

You now realize Mizzou will win the SEC east and be a dark horse national title contender

no i don't

Thanks, Chicago. Gotta keep the gates.

>Banning conservatives from a college football thread
Good luck with that, commie.

Post schedule predictions
WMU: W
Stanford: W
Texas: W
@Cal: W
@WSU: L
OSU: W
Utah: W
@ND: W
@ASU: W
Arizona: W
@Colorado: W
(You)CLGay: W

8 team playoff or none at all

The way I see it, that would keep only SEC fans out, and nothing of value would be lost.

>two teams from the same conference who already played each other during the regular season

No thank you.

>when they happen to be the two best teams in the nation
yes, that is exactly the point of a championship game.

thanks for playing try again next time

do you really have to specify between conservatives and faggotry?

>regular-season rematch
No. 12-game seasons are already tight enough, we don't need a rematch "just to be sure." Team A beat Team B, that's the end of it. Play someone new in the post-season, that's why we buy tickets.

You wouldn't think so, but here we are.

By that logic teams, if teams happened to meet in the regular season during OOC play and both made the playoffs, but were in opposite games in the national semis, they'd just call off the national championship game if they both happened to win. That's super dumb and makes you sound like you really don't get what playoffs are even for anyways.

>banning conservatives
Back to /r/cfb for you...

>Implying a rematch wouldn't up the tension and excitement

That happens in literally every other sport's playoffs and championship all the time.

liberals please go

Rate my delusion lads.

The reason I think we can beat Wake Forest is
>1. The game in in Boone
>2. We'll have already played our hardest game (Georgia)
>3. Wake has back-to-back games with Florida State and Clemson after us, so it's a trap game.

Hey guys what do you call people who couldn't get into Texas?

AGGIES LOLOLOL!!!!

>Big XII takes Houston and BYU

>AAC takes Army, Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech

>Enter the Superconference

Taking Houston would be smart
Taking BYU would be dumb

Big 12 is capable of only one.

t. Buttmad Troy State Community College (((fan)))

Wake Forest and Georgia State are shaky Ws, but I like it.

TBHQWYF though, that's a VERY easy schedule. They should get no less than 10 wins.

>Georgia State

*Georgia Southern

I can totally see it except I think you're on major upset alert at Idaho. Wouldn't mind seeing App State become the meme team of the year though, you guys are destined for some more meme magic now that it's been so long since the Michigan win.

Hang yourself libshit

UNLV will be a power 5 school in 10 years

>Stanford: W

LOL! You're our bitch now faget

Rice: Win
@ University of Spoiled Children: Win
@ San Diego St.: Win
University of California, Los Angeles: Win
Arizona St.: Win
@Utah: Loss
Oregon Cucks: Win
@ Oregon St.: Win
@ Washington St.: Win
Washington: Loss
University of California, Berkeley: Win
Notre Dame: Loss

Go K-State.

Hue.

I wonder, does the AAC, as an entire conference, have greater viewership than the Big 12?

What if you removed Texas from the Big XII in the comparison?

If you removed Texas from the Big XiI the conference would fold within 6 months.

haha Stanford beat you easily last year faget. You also don't own the letter "K," faget.

I just meant statistically.

Yeah, but did you beat Washington? Who we won the natty against last year...

you do know they can shuffle the seeds so that doesn't happen until the finals right?

Texas has more people but the AAC has more diversity in terms of geographical location and alumni. Though if you looked at just, say, 2015 and 2016 only, if AAC came out on top that would not surprise me.

I want to argue that point but 22 years ago they took SMU only out of the SWC and the entire conference folded immediately, so never underestimate how fucking stupid Texans be.

Who fucking cares, they already played each other.

but who will Missouri valley get?

>AAC takes Army, Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech

Why not WKU and Marshall?

Just kill yourself, liberal faggot

Yeah, this is the easiest conference slate App has had since moving up. Of course, any schedule that doesn't have Troy or Ark St in it will be pretty easy in the Sun Belt. Georgia Southern was too inconsistent last season - they lost their commitment to the Triple-Option.

Army wants in, and their rivalry with Navy could make it happen.

Southern Miss deserves to be in the AAC.

Louisiana Tech comes along with purchase of Southern Miss.

>Why not WKU and Marshall
Because Southern Miss and La Tech have better schools and athletic programs.

I don't know about academics, but WKU has had some real football success for a long time. At least since the Jack Harbaugh era.

Also I like the idea of the AAC being the "directional U" conference.

>tfw your school discontinues baseball, men's soccer, men's track and field, men's swimming and diving and women's rowing

Your school is fucking pathetic. Are they even good at one fucking sport?

these are waste sports in college. baseball is kinda big in college sports but everything else is a waste.

>WKU has had some real football success for a long time

If you count FCS, sure. But I can think of multiple Sun Belt teams with way more FCS success than WKU ever had.

So if we're going just by FBS success, Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech have decades of success before WKU even transitioned up.

won the conference in basketball two of the past three years

The AAC doesn't want to expand, because they are pussies. So get that idea out of your head.

>Miami Beach Bowl will move to Frisco, TX
Are they ever gonna do something with that Poinsettia Bowl slot?

In the hypothetical, the AAC lost UH and needed more teams.

Right now the AAC is trying to brand themselves as "Power 6" conference, which will never happen. You can't meme yourself into the P5.

The AAC needs to commit to the image as the premier G5 team, full of potential "BCS busters" as we used to call them.

I can't decide if I'm actually on board the hype train for Army joining the AAC.

Their stint in C-USA was an unmitigated disaster.

Army barely qualified for a bowl last year after scheduling TWO FCS teams.

>scheduling TWO FCS teams.

Wait, that was 2015, my mistake. But they did even WORSE that year.

I do NOT think Army football is on the rise.

Beating Navy was a lucky fluke after all of Navy's power players got injured in the conference championship game vs Temple.

AAC could be P6 if half the teams that were good last season didn't collapse mid season or will be bad this year

All of that stems from limited top tier talent being recruited (thanks to not being P5 schools) paired with a VERY active coaching carousel.

Stability is hard to come by in the G5, and the lack of it shows up in big matchups.

Temple, USF, and Houston had GREAT seasons but collapsed at the end due to coaching turn over.

Schools like Tulane, SMU, ECU, and Memphis are all combating rebuilds every time they have a spark of success after their coaches get poached.

>You can't meme yourself into the P5.

What is the ACC, Alex

The ACC pulled itself up by the boot straps and put together some great programs to shake the "basketball conference" image, while also cannibalizing all the football talent in the old Big East.

I'd say it worked out great. FSU, Miami, UNC, Clemson, VA Tech, Louisville and MANY other schools more than make up for the weak bottom of the ACC.

And even the bottomest of the ACC's bottom, Wake Forest, had a nice showing last season.

caveat: I'm not really an ACC fan, but I can appreciate the hard work put into changing their image

Rice Owls!

they're decent at basketball

It also gained a Sun Belt/AAC tie-in.

Previously, the Miami Beach Bowl had no Fun Belt affiliation

Akron will win the National title

of ping pong

Akron isn't even even a top 5 team in the State of Ohio

>you have no Alma Mater
>your dad has no interest in CFB and your extended family are all into the NFL and pro sports but not college sports
>the school that was closest to you growing up is FCS and they're a really smart school that you aren't smart enough to go to or support in sports
>you come from an area where everyone only likes the pro teams and doesn't care about college
>you feel like a band wagoner for picking one of the big traditional teams that has weak connections with the region

Why did I pick this and divegrass as my favorite sports lads? I must be a secret masochist.

If Miami and Virginia Tech can get back on track, the ACC will unironically be a top football conference

cause youre fag

Move to Boise, Idaho and go to BSU.

It's easy to get in, and they have an elite football team. You'll instantly be at the center of the CFB conversation.

Just because Sin City gets 2 pro teams and UNLVfags start thinking they're hot shit

Just stopped by for a quick shitpost lads

USF is FSU for people who can't spell

buuuump

USF-Tulsa game moved to a Thursday night matchup.

Looks like ESPN is keen to cash in on two rising programs in the AAC.

thedailystampede.com/2017/4/21/15386628/usf-tulsa-football-moved-thursday-november-16-espn-aac-charlie-strong-phillip-montgomery-aresco

Potential G5 Access Bowl candidates?

thecomeback.com/ncaa/early-dark-horse-candidates-group-five-access-bowl-bid-college-football-playoff.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium

>USF not mentioned
I thought that was odd.

Based Tulsa.

Top-tier academics. Great football.

All from the smallest school in FBS.

They included Toledo in their list?

No MAC baby is allowed into the G5 access bowl again. WMU fucked up the recipe.

kek why the fuck is Toledo on there?

especially when the team that beat them in the camellia bowl (app st) isn't on the short list.

>sleeping on Navy

>again

not even once. if they'd stayed healthy they'd be the defending Cotton Bowl champs

Teams in the ACC currently having a good run: Clemson, FSU

Teams in the ACC that have pretty good records despite playing nobody: UNC, Duke (!), Louisville

Teams in the ACC that bolster the numbers in the conference whilst simultaneously playing shit football: BC, GT, Miami, NCSt, ND, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

Nice "football conference."

google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/ct-las-vegas-major-league-baseball-20170420-story,amp.html

How long until there is a third? Imagine the shitstorm when the A's become the LV's. We might have to change the name this time, however.

Morning bump

post lessons you learned on /cfb/
>NEVER sleep on Kiomoulotoui & Navy
>NEVER doubt Dantonio

These things are work in the offseason.

How's your draft board going, collossal faggots?

an all-time great MLB rivalry would be Vegas/Salt Lake, but alas it was not to be.

What part of "college" football donn't you understand, college football stands are filled with liberals, whether their in Alabama or Michigan or Oklahoma or California

8 team playoff is probably the worst idea there is

>taking a historically mediocre football school in Texas, a market that the Big 12 has already saturated is smart but taking a proven football school in an untapped market is dumb
hurr durr
>taking BYU, a perinnial powerhouse

Based indeed

>tfw the spring game is on
>tfw i couldn't go to the spring game or any other alumni events this year
>tfw notre dame is gonna bootyblast my team this september
>tfw i haven't done anything meaningful with my life since graduation
When will the suffering end?

No, that would be the BCS

Spring games are shit anyway, I love my team, but I only use it as an excuse to tailgate again and then go home before the game starts

Helping my sister move in Nashville. Can anyone let me know how the A-Day game is going? No memes please I just wanna know who looks good and who doesn't.

>leave Tuscaloosa this morning where it's a heat index of 97
>arrive in Nashville four hours later where it's storming at 55 degrees

Starting qb blew his knee out sorry kid