Why did he work with U2?

Why did he work with U2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IyfaYHMNIuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

money

to make a good band great

Pre-Joshua Tree U2 had a pretty unique atmospheric aesthetic at the time that meshed well with Eno. They just milked it to death after Unforgettable Fire

Because U2 were good and were trying to be innovative at the time and both of them mutually respected each other and knew Eno (and Lanois as well) could add to the sound

U2 is the only good band he's worked with since Roxy Music

Why did he work with U2?

U2 were actually a good band isn’t the 80s. The real question is why did he work with Coldplay?

He thought he could turn them into 80s U2

Slowdive

Viva la Vida is a good album desu

I don't think he realized how idea-impervious they would become. To me, the mystery isn't why he worked with them then, it's why he went back to work with them after their reactionary turn. They were going back to him because they wanted exactly what they did before with him, repeated. They should have compared 1. Outside to Lodger - Eno doesn't go backwards, even though his work is consistently of a piece.

HAHAHA no it fucking isn't, it's a scrapyard dog's ass sweat.

he did tho.

t.Sup Forums drone

he didn´t produced, just made a session to teach them ambient tricks

Not at all man, your taste would be wretched in any context.

DEVO

>it's why he went back to work with them after their reactionary turn
he didn't really though. All That You Can't... was just another progression in their sound at the time and No Line was good until Bono second guessed everything and brought in random producers to make it more hit friendly.

That was the last time Eno/Lanois worked with them

Coldplay has put ot some good records though. Hopkins speaks nothing of good about them, do you hate Jon too?

Jon Hopkins is a sellout hack

Man he didnt even get big till Immunity. Worked for a long time to get where he is, I respect him and his music

Jon Hopkins is pleb chad and Immunity is only a great album out of sheer luck, no talent involved

This. If you think U2 is better than Devo, I'm sorry but you're retarded

Even Coldplay is better than U2

U2 isn't all bad. This song, for example, is a bona fide 10/10 youtube.com/watch?v=IyfaYHMNIuA