Have you guys seen this video?

Have you guys seen this video?
"Why Is Modern Pop Music So Terrible?" youtu.be/oVME_l4IwII

Thoughts?

I have problems with this video. He claims that the need to hear music multiple times to gain appreciation is akin to brainwashing. But at other points in the video he mentions how music needs intricacies (which you definitely won't pick up on at first listen) and that people used to have to sit down with albums they bought until they fell in love with them. That sounds pretty hypocritical

who's this poundshop prison planet?

>Beatles were pop!
They were popular yeah, but their early stuff was vapid pop same as we have now.

>Look at these good old musicians, and these bad new ones!
BBC Radio 2 has a show where they play what was in the charts at a given time. Its always been fucking terrible. The reason you think the older music is good is because you've selected the best and got rid of all the dross that was actually popular.

>They were popular yeah, but their early stuff was vapid pop same as we have now.
Oh I see you are a non musician. That would explain your opinion

lmao, not one of the beatles was a good musician or singer

they just had hooks and nursery rhyme simple melodies

not a particularly great video but those comments gave me cancer

Nothing before rubber soul & revolver were the kind of glorious high art the beatles are held up to be. Also, sweet, I never see actual ad homz any more.

The postwar cultural revolution had it's basis in an esoteric attempt to change the fabric of western civilisation from it's philosophical and political root's deep rooted in Christianity and National identity.
Pop music along with other art forms were just vehicles to achieve this objective and since the job is pretty much done, so is pop music.

Why not?
>glorious high art
Nice strawman
>actual ad homz
What do you mean?

ayo fuck that dude's eyebrows

>Why not?
Oh I see you are a non musician.

Cringe garbage. seems like something Sup Forums would eat up

Lmao are you the same guy who went on an autistic spree because some guy disliked TVU S/T because "it stunk of the Beatles"?

>Oh I see you are a non musician.
How so?

Show me your musical analysis of some of their early songs. be sure to chart them out
Are you the same guy who doesn't know music theory but wanted to think his opinions mattered?

>The reason you think the older music is good is because you've selected the best and got rid of all the dross that was actually popular.
literally this, no one remembers the forgettable shit. there has always been terrible music

>born in the wrong generation xd

all pop music is bad and all music that isnt intellectually stimulating is terrible xd. btw there was never any awful pop songs back in the day just now. justin bieber baby is worst song evar!!11

major scales, close vocal harmony and a haircut

i taught my 11 year old sister how to play guitar in 5 months she can play literally every beatles song ever. really hard to do xd

>major scales
What about them? What's wrong with them? What about the other scales they used?

You dodged second guys question.

>Show me your musical analysis of some of their early songs. be sure to chart them out
If someone's claiming that everything before Rubber Soul is nothing special, surely its easier for you to falsify that with one example of an exceptional track? Shouldn't be too hard, there's plenty of material to dig through.

Which one?
>surely its easier for you to falsify that with one example of an exceptional track?
See: If I Fell

These tbqhfamalam

THEY PUT CHEMICALS IN THE WATER.

bored by the title alone

They didn't use other scales dumb shit that's the point
The genre they inspired is a pretty basic one

Whether or not you were the guy talking about (or sperging as he called it) Velvet Underground and Nico in another thread.

Are you?

Fucking this. Try to name 20 really good top40 songs from the sixties just off the top of your head. If it's not impossible, it's very difficult. Same with the seventies, eighties, and nineties. Pop has always been garbo.