Putin on mount Athos sat on the throne of the Byzantine emperors

en.news-4-u.ru/putin-on-mount-athos-sat-on-the-throne-of-the-byzantine-emperors-and-declared-the-mountain-a-source-of-grace.html

>Russian President Vladimir Putin during a visit to the Church of the Dormition of the Theotokos on mount Athos sat in the chair, which previously could only occupy the Byzantine emperors. Putin said about the need to “strengthen the spiritual power of all the Orthodox” and declared the Greek mountain “a source of well-being and grace” for the Russian Orthodox world.

>Putin visited Athos, having participated in events in honor of the 1000th anniversary of the appearance of Russian monks on the Holy mountain. On the website of the Kremlin promptly a photo gallery, and Greek TV covered the trip live. As notes “Ribbon.”, thanks to the spiritual life of the head of state was put on public display, which usually happens.

>Putin on mount Athos visited the Church of the assumption of the blessed virgin, where was celebrated a short prayer service, during which was prayed with supplication for the health, life and mercy the servant of God of Vladimir with the family and those around him, reports TASS. After this welcome address said the Holy mountain protopectin father Paul.

>In response, Putin thanked the Ecumenical Patriarch and the primates of the Greek Orthodox Church for what they do to maintain relations with the Russian Orthodox Church and the Russian people. “I’m here for the second time and always feel a special warmth, kindness and the best attitude not only to me, as the head of the Russian state and the Russian people, the people as a whole”, – said the President of Russia.

>He also noted that on the Holy mountain is very important and very necessary for the Orthodox world an act” associated with the strengthening of the moral foundations of society: “To a large extent you are the source of well-being and grace”.

Putin+Trump = World Christian Domination.

fuck off filthy protestant

kek

>waaah i'm a catholic feed me boys

Next he needs to make trips to Armenia and Ethiopia

You cuckholics sacked Constantinople and caused the downfall of the Byzantine Empire, never forget that.

>massacre Latins in Constantinople for no reason
>Catholics retaliate in equal force
>SHEEEEEEEIT WE B OPPRESSD

Based Putin

Have you kissed any refugee feet today frog?

>So Putin's goal all along was not to resurrect the USSR but to create a neo-byzantium empire
pretty cool desu

reminder russia is the true heir of rome

the Byzantine's were mudskins, who cares

dont forget future china

Truly envying the Orthodox right now. I feel kinda weak being a Lutheran, it's like we're scattered apart each with their own set of rules and all. The Orthodox Church is doing a great job.

>byzantine

You mean Roman

If you say Roman then the "Roman Catholics" try to stick their foot in the door

Not to mention that celibacy is the epitome cuckoldry, the main reason why I'll never become an adept to Catholicism or Eastern Orthodoxy.

You can be married and have kids before becoming an orthodox priest

You can't call it the Roman Empire because it confuses burgers.