Y-You didn't forget about me, did you Sup Forums?

Y-You didn't forget about me, did you Sup Forums?

Never.

Best emo revival project hands down

WHY CAN'T I SEE THE SUNSPOTS IN YOUR EYES

The EP's from Old Gray and Our Sunday Affairs are GOAT emo revival imo

Remember how utterly terrible the Snowing LP was? The guys in the band were total faggots too.

I made so much money off of dumb teenagers flipping emo revival records. Kids were dropping upward of $60 on colored vinyl, and the money always came in from what was clearly their parents' paypal account.

They're super SJW's too. I've been completely blacklisted from the punk/emo/hardcore scene in my city because I'm not a brainlet.

Everyone in scene is a life-hating loser unable to break out of their self pitying mental loop, which the music only reinforces. I stopped going to house shows in 2011 and completely removed myself from the scene. My life is 1000% better now.

thats the two lps from brave little abacus though

I hope you guys didn't forget me.

>blocks your path

This sounds like you're an edgy faggot with no self awareness, but I like stories. How'd you get blacklisted

Merchant Ships/MWPP was the best in this genre, because they were actual teenagers.

When grown ass men do it, it's just cringey.

Depends on who's doing it.

Was drunk and they were all talking about black lives matter and I said it's weird how they only ever talk about it when it's a white cop and black victim and the details are sketchy but never the mass amount of black on black violence and the culture of violence and lawlessness that keeps the ghetto in the toilet. Got quiet and they told me to leave

It spans over 8 or so years but basically every band was singing about shit that is just not true. Like inequality and stuff, things you could simply google to take a look at the stats, you'd see it's all bs.

Most the guys were just pretending to be a nice progressive lefty to hook up with the gullible girls in the scene. The most popular guy apparently ended up raping a few girls. I say apparently because lefties will call anyone a rapist without any evidence, so I'm going by what they say.

lmao, that wasn't me but it's probably something that would come up.

So youre just racist

lol are you talking about the jank man

Yeah I don't like blacks but it's still true

This happens so often that it's easy to get mixed up. It happened in New Zealand, lol.

best thing to ever come out of the emo revival desu

i thought that record was trash
skyscraper was cool, but like, it did nothing for me
honestly getting into more screamo ruined TA for me. As ive gotten older i like La dispute more and rarely listen to TA anymore. I just listen to other screamo.
Is Survived By is a great album though

calling that the best of the revival is something i cant agree with

>mfw every emo record this year has an obligatory anti trump song

Racists have been right about a lot of things.

I feel fairly confident that Stage Four is the logical conclusion to "the wave."

Is post-hardcore considered emo?

All emo is post-hardcore but not all post-hardcore is emo

Wildlife and The Lack Long After are miles better though

They actually havent

I'm not disputing that. Wildlife is one of the very few albums that I would give 10/10.
Lack Long After is amazing in its own right.

But those were released when this scene was at its peak; Stage Four was on the downward slope of this trend, and was an incredible album that hit all of the right notes.
It's bookend we need to close this chapter.

that is a fair assessment user and I can agree on the closing of the book. the last Pianos album also gave that feel

dude making money is cool lmao

Rooms of the House, Keep You, and Stage Four all feel like conclusions of this chapter.
It's the swan song album of the definitive bands in this arena.

I don't foresee any followups from any of them.

It's a universal emotion, like love. Every album needs its love song

they all matured well, it's nice
probably wont be another album from any of them until next year
really want to see where la dispute goes next

Still have the record.

wrong album

I agree with your first sentence, but not the second.

BEEN WASTIN
THIS WHOLE FUCKIN YEAR ON
THE IDEA OF GETTING UP AND MOVING O-ON

so glad i got to see algernon live before they quit

for real this EP is tight

very accurate, all the best releases sound like some kids recorded it in a basement, like:
Morning Effort - I heard you the first time, it just wasn't funny
Family Might - Floor Connections
Watchword - Ship of Fools
& MShips/MWPP of course

shame they couldn't translate this sound to their LP's
Still enjoy them but Demo blows them away

I love this ep and have listened to it drunk and gotten sad many nights. Growing up in Pennsylvania and close to where a lot of these bands started makes all emo pa bands feel more relatable idk if that's dumb or not

Nothing about that statment was racist though???

you spelled merchant ships wrong

I know almost all emo has some melodrama but revisiting old gray its way too overdramatic and more laughable than sad. Same thing with La Dispute. Maybe its the cheesy spoken word.

La dispute are shit imo, never liked them.

This EP in particular by Old Gray is really good. What's up with twinkly bands having good EP's and then shitty full lengths?

Happened to Snowing, Old Gray, Nai Harvest, etc, etc

>you will never see this band perform An Idea is a Greater Monument Than a Cathedral live

I ordered you on vinyl last night, of course I didn't sweetie

Two Knights - Effing
also emo AOTY :0)

>Bill of rights
>structure of DNA
>crime rates being more consistent across race than class
>gynecology
They have.

why did emo popularity fall so hard on this board. i cant stomach it now either. is it some collective unconscious?