The last jedi general thread

The last jedi general thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0OvuON1O96Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

luke skywalker dies at the end.

butterfaced woman overload. Massive fail of a movie. Should be removed from the canon of films.

Complete and utter garbage. A total waste of time and money.

>>Luke Dies at the end.

>>Rey's parents are trailer trash.

>>Leia survives.

>>Final battle scene at the end, Luke is actually projecting his body from another planet, like wtf?!

Why does Snoke not defend himself and just get cut in half?

So he can return in the next movie. Just another regurgitation. Fuck that movie was fucking stupid.

Is that crappy movie at least watchable?

Don’t care about spoilers, can someone tell me what happens I heard this made the prequels look like gold

To be honest I’d be more worried if Sup Forums DIDN’T have five or more threads full of greasy angry halfwits bitching about a good movie. It would mean that whole Big Brother censorship finally kicked in.

Basicly its a disney movie in the star wars universe. its shit

what was the purpose of Maz?

I liked it

Star Wars is anti white

Humor consisted of out-of-character smug insults.
Acting quality was reduced the the level of the first movie made.
Within line of sight... in space... weapons don't fire that far.
Lightspeed jump trumps all forms of armor and shielding.
Oh look, salt covered planet made out of ruby, it "bleeds" when you do anything on it.
I almost fell through one of the many plotholes while watching it.

Nope, Luke ascends as force spirit.

You know, where the fuck does the first order get the cash to cone up with so many ships and not already be in charge of the Galaxy?

bad movie, nothing of consequence happens really. it held my attention at least. Oh and the force awakens had characters you actually care about, they were developed and interesting. Now this movie's characters were all paper-thin. It was bad.

50% of the scenes are from the older star wars movies

This

Space magic.
No for real I suspect its probably because they own a few, but very profitable mining planets or something like that.

It looks beautyful. If you can ignore a dull story for teh nice views, it's good.

The rebels escape the new order... then the rebels escape the new order slower (18h of slow running away, side character take a detour meanwhile, Snope also gets killed during this time).... then the remains of the rebels escape the new order again (Luke distracts them).... then they actuall escape and the movie ends

the new order might catch up and they escape some more in the next movie... who knows

perfect summery

Kyber Crystal mining.

If rian wants to take his new trilogy in this vane then that's ok with me. But Star Wars is Star Wars and he veered to far off the path.
Things that made me go ugh: space leia, slow mo like duck, overuse of forced humor, trying to cram admira holdo's story when she should've either stayed Dickish or been cool while time, finn being underutilized imo.
Things I liked: kylo and Rey's connection, kylo clearly just being insane, luke being crabby due to him essentially turning off his force, use of yoda to teach another lesson, throne room fight, chewie.
Needs more: r2 and c3po, lightsaber action, reasoning, natural humor.

Easily the best of the Disney movies. The last two sucked major donkey balls but this one was OK.

>Implying anything made by Disney is canon.

Star wars might as well have died once Disney obtained the rights. Except for rouge one, which was relatively decent.

Two spaceships going at the samespeed for 16 hours.

That's literally the story of this movie.

Other than that: Mark Hamill is awesome.

Because he was a cocky bastard who thought Kylo wouldn't turn on him.

nigger I knew this before the goddamn movie came out.

How do you know he didn't just project himself elsewhere? What if he was a force ghost all along?

This.
It fucking bothered me so much.
I can make a list if you want, just watched the movie.

who's the wrinkled ballsack?

What i don't get, is... Where the fuck did the rebels escape to at the end? How did they get off the planet???

I literally can't remember that part. Like, they had the falcon, but weren't there still like 400 rebels left? What ships did they take?

In both the end of this movie and Empire, there were at LEAST 2 star destroyers in orbit. In Empire, they were fucked in their escape unless they managed to fire off the Ion Cannons.

So how, the FUCK did they escape at the end. Again.

I think the director is being careful not to pull any Prequels shit like JarJar and "Aggressive Negotiations" blah blah blah

>Jedi can survive in Space
>Luke drinking alien titty milk

honestly I just dont fucking know anymore, user

First of all of the 400 only 20-30 survived.
Cant explain how they escaped, probably just confusion in the first order.

When you take into account the frigates and transports that got rekt, plus all the troops outside who died, there aren't a whole lot left.

Also it's more cost efficient to only include the main and supporting characters

it had some pretty shot doe, some screenshots would make great desktop wallpapers

What bothers me most is the direction "star wars" took in the last movies.
The first order is a complete copy paste of the empire, but with bsckstory of the trade federation.
I'd much rather like there was a new enemy, maybe an unknown species (kinda like star trek), or a new type of magic force.
Another proble is the loss of relevance of the jedi. Literally they deleted all the backstory/lore, and only two are left. What the fuck can you do with that?
unless the next movie jumps another 20 years...

ITT: basement dwellers who cant find any other way to be happy other than to bash anything popular and reveal worthless spoilers. MUHH LUKE DIEZ, wow you retards its not even that hard to see that coming hes a washed up old hermit who cares it doesnt effect the plot at all. Why not some real spoilers? Kylo kills snoke, nigger falls in love with chink, leia doesnt die....... COME ON. Get creative with your worthless salt. Or maybe get jobs.

It doesn’t matter what happens in ANY of these newer movies becuase it will all be described as “the force balancing itself” again

Literally none of the actions by the characters matter it’s all just filler explain the stupid mcguffin of the Star Wars series.

action figure sales, and giving a spook a job

youtube.com/watch?v=0OvuON1O96Q

My grandmother died from cancer. Over the course of months it wasted away her body and her mind. It took away, agonising slowly, all the things that made her her. At the end, my hard as coffin nails ww2 vet grandad wept and sang to her. I'd never seen him have an emotional reaction, let alone sob like that.

It was better than this film.

The next movie will probably be a few years in the future.

>Rebellion will need time to go from 10 people to actually being able to pull off something significant, relevant, and galaxy-changing (like toppling the First Order)
>Rey will need time to craft her own lightsaber because hers got split in half (tropes galore here) and it will probably be some shade of SJW pink/purple

Yep.

I've never seen a movie where I went "what the fuck" in my head more often.
The story is complete and utter shit.
The visuals on the other hand are beyond awesome. It was a pleasure to watch.

It's shit. star was was good when American men were real men...not these traps, fagbois, crossdressers, cucks, feminists and pussies.
Now you have female jedi, female madmax and female ghostbusters.your army needs female leaders (because they make shit soldiers) so hollywood is recruiting. Be a man like han solo and take back your masculinity...oh wait he died.

Snoke lied about his ability to detect feelings, in order to trick kylo ren into becoming a sith apprentice. That's why he was all like "Kylo will never betray me." and kylo looked at him like"holy shit, this dude can't read feelings" and proceeded to sneak attack him. He did it because he felt he would be a better, more "neutral" ruler in ridding the galaxy of the bitter past between Jedi and Sith. Rey believes the same way, but she doesn't want to do it by killing everyone and everything. Kylo pretty much pulled an Episode 3, when Anakin was telling Padme he could overthrow the emporer and they could raise their children in a balanced and orderly rule. At least, that's my guess.

>Rogue One was good
ahahahahahahahaha, no.

good star wars movies:
-rogue one
-empire

the rest doesn't matter

Agreed man

I read all kinds of this type of stuff online, everything in this thread has been said many times before.

Then I went and saw it, and realized that everyone is retarded. I loved the movie, it was pretty fucking good. Everyone complaining is an idiot that probably hasn't even seen it. I was at the midnight release when star wars STARTED.

>But there are women characters!
Get the fuck over it, women exist - and some of them are in positions of power. Deal with it.

>women exist - and some of them are in positions of power
only in the eurocuckean union and in movies user

It was the best of the three new ones at least.

I personally don't have any issue with there being female characters. I think it's great, and more realistic.

That being said, the new movies are entertaining, maybe even decent or good as movies, but they suffer the same fate as the new Star Trek movies do.

They look like Star Wars.... but they don't FEEL like Star Wars. The prequels felt more like star wars than these new movies do. I actually enjoyed the prequels.

These new movies also butcher canon and stretch/break away from lore.
Not to mention the INSANE attempts to appeal to children and the most GENERIC of audiences. They're just basically space action-comedies (with shit jokes like "come at me chrome-dome") with a Star Wars skin on them.

I felt like it was a star wars movie. They're supposed to be funny at times. I agree it was a little forced at times, also things like laser shots arcing in space and ships that suddenly start falling when destroyed even though that isn't how space works.

FUCK these things. A lot of stuff is not perfect with the film, a few things i do actually dislike.

But these shits?! WHY THE FUCK did they get that low?! i get merchandise, i get capitlism, and now they need more to pay of the balance from getting fox. But why not make the damn diamond foxes usefull, they were cool enough that i would have excused Disney for highlighting them for the kids.

Porgs, fuck them. they would be annoying in an animated movie, let alone this.