/IndyCar/ General

/IndyCar/ General: Because I Can't Wait For Sunday Edition

TOP 5 IN POINTS:

1. Sebastien Bourdais/France/93pts/Dale Coyne Racing/Honda

2. James Hinchcliffe/Canada/74pts/Schmidt-Peterson Motorsports/Honda

3. Simon Pagenaud/France/71pts/Team Penske/Chevrolet

4. Scott Dixon/New Zealand/70pts/Chip Ganassi Racing/Honda

5. Josef Newgarden/USA/59pts/Team Penske/Chevrolet
NEXT RACE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama, Barber Motorsports Park, Birningham Alabama, Sunday April 23, 3:42PM Eastern Time, NBCSN

fuck guys I'm too hyped for Alabama I can't wait for Sunday. IndyCar fans where you at?

bad weekend for Andretti Autosport at Long Beach, all 4 cars DNF due to mechanical issues. what the hell happened? can they make a comeback in Alabama?

can Sebastien Bordais and Dale Coyne continue their podium streak and contend for the championship?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J3mEImSn8Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=J3mEImSn8Fk

why no motor/sp/ort general this week?

ye yea on track action goin down right now check it

Barber is really a great track.

^^ what this thread should've been

don't get me wrong I like all racing but most threads on here are about NASCAR or F1

I thought I'd show some love to my IndyCar fans and try to get a semi-regular general going

Motorsport Generals barely talk about IndyCar

we need our own General like F1 and NASCAR have

there's not enough racing fans here to sustain a general for each series outside of F1 thus motor/sp/ort general threads

I agree though with your love of Indycar

since when are there NASCAR generals?

There's no NASCAR general, and how productive is posting in the F1 thread?

fine but I post something about IndyCarin the general and get hardly any replies

sometimes I feel like I'm talking about badminton. why does nobody care? IndyCar is such an underrated race series

and NASCAR has /turnleft/ up often

fyi, /turnleft/ is what we title all of the race threads for NASCAR

Indy is underrated. imo it's the best racing series in the world in some ways

I know, that's why I want to talk about it with Anons besides just on race day

I'm usually the guy that gets the race thread going like an hour or 2 before the race because I'm so hype and I love IndyCar

>Internet at apartment is out for the past 2 days
>phone posting scum right now

I'm going to my landlord right now to tell him to fix that shit.

seriously I can't watch muh Indycar stream on sunday, heads are going to roll. one of the few things I have to look forward to

Who else /missjuan/ here?

JPM will definetly go down as one of the all time greats in any category of racing.

that said, I'm sort of glad he's gone, so younger guys like Hinch, Newgarden, Rossi, etc. can have a chance

Dixon, Castroneves, Kanaan, need to retire soon too in my opinion. all good racers but it's time for new blood

Bourdais seems to be making a comeback this year but he's getting old too

also Marco Andretti but he will never be fired by Michael because nepotism

if Marco wasn't an Andretti he would have been fired long ago.

he's my favorite driver of all time
I was his biggest fan in NASCAR
too bad Ganassi had 3rd tier shitwagons during Juan's tenure there.
I want to see him race in NASCAR trucks so he can finally get the stock car oval win to complete his resume

I heard he might be going to the Ganassi sports car program

just a rumor

he did great in F1 too but he had Schumacher to contend with in that era

I like Indy too, I just like NASCAR more, so if they're both on at the same time then NASCAR is the one I'm watching live.

Well, it's a lot like Indycar itself. No one talks about it outside of the races, a few people talk about it during the races, and then there's a flood of threads when it's the 500.

opposite lol. I like road courses desu and the Indy 500 is the only oval I like

but I would rather watch NASCAR at Sonoma than the Monaco GP. more competition rather than Mercedes/RedBull/Ferrari always winning every race

I wish Tony Stewart would come back for one more try at the 500

so the big news is Fernando Alonso skipping Monaco GP to race the Indy 500, what do you guys think? will he learn quickly? have speed in the race? McLaren full season team in the future?

No
Yes
No

>tfw there is one channel that airs Indycar here and it is treated like serious business because they barely air anything interesting other than Masterchef and turkish soaps
>tfw this channel's signal is terrible in my city

pls respond -_-

how can he be fast if he doesn't learn quickly

>not posting in motor/sp/ort general

There is not enough traffic or news to sustain an IndyCar general. To say that no one talks about indycar in those threads is preposterous because I've been in those threads since the beginning.

no ur preposterous.

if I want to talk IndyCar in /MSG/ I have to really press the issue and even then I only get like 1 response