HEADPHONES

Got my endgames this week. Pretty stoked about it. Had the HD650's before this. Pretty huge difference

Other urls found in this thread:

koss.com/headphones/over-ear-headphones/esp950
ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TUNG-SOL-7236-TUBES-METAL-BASE-5998-6AS7-7236-/311965277128?hash=item48a2945bc8:g:reAAAOSwXQZZdRTD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*uses headphones to listen to Lil Pump*

Nice, my hd800s arrived today. Also have a heavily modded crack but I'm listening to them with my woo wa22 right now. Sound spectacular.

I'm using HD 650 and the Schiit meme stack at the moment, I like it but I'd love to upgrade eventually.

i love the hd800s black look.

>headphones

Speakers and subwoofers are where it's at.

I got these on ebth.com for $600. Came in original box and everything, but if i were to get a new pair i would have gone with the 800s. I like the black too.

I highly recommend building yourself a Crack. I have never put anything like that together before and I had no trouble at all with their instructions

pic of woo wa22, have tungsol 7236 and vt-231with emission labs 5u4gm mesh for rectifier.

Unfortunately, I don't have a home yet. Once I buy one of those, speakers and woofers are to follow

I've got HD600s plus an 02 amp and 0DAC. They're cracking headphones and I value good sound quality but I wouldn't upgrade beyond this, now that I play guitar the kind of money I'd need to spend for a significant upgrade could just go towards another guitar instead.

I was torn between getting discounted hd800 but then I found theses $400 off buying grey market.

what mods have you done to your crack?

nice find. Have you compared them to the 800? I heard the 800s are a little warmer, and not as unforgiving as the basic 800

Just the speedball

These arrived about three hours ago so I've only got a taste of how they sound. So far they are doing an incredible job with layering and separation of instruments. It's been awhile since I've heard the hd800 and that was on a different setup. At home I use an Audio Aero Capitole MK2 tube output cdp for source.

speed ball was great. Output caps and last power supply cap swapped for film was a major upgrade. also swapped in two chokes and replace the remaining two power supply caps with film. Sounding amazing

If you get the chance the tungsol 6520 power tubes sound really great. they have domino plates like the 7236 but aren't as powerful. can be found much cheaper than the 7236 too

wow, look at all these audiophiles

I was memed into these. $55 isn't too bad of a price

woops, I meant tungsol 5998 domino plates, not the 7236.

whoops

about the 7236, there is a fellow on ebay with a huge lot of them and letting them go rather inexpensive. i picked up a pair, nice to have backups.

Got these on a whim. They're pretty good I guess. Don't have any other headphones to compare them to. At least you don't need an amp, but they are pretty big and I could never wear them in front of someone.

take the koss pill
koss.com/headphones/over-ear-headphones/esp950

do you have a link? i cant find them

ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TUNG-SOL-7236-TUBES-METAL-BASE-5998-6AS7-7236-/311965277128?hash=item48a2945bc8:g:reAAAOSwXQZZdRTD

my one true love

whoops, this is for you

I just got my LCD-3 in the mail today. Trying to decide if I want to keep them over my LCD-2.

couple other cans
hifiman he-500
audeze lcd-2
upgrade them both with Cardas Clear cables

fuuuuuuuugg ya

if you want to experiment with bypassing caps but don't want to spend a lot of money look into Russian NOS caps. These big green are paper in oil, the smaller silver are Teflon, and the cannisters are silver mica. I think all 10 of those cost me like $40 delivered from russia. Then just use bananna cables to attach them and listen etc.

some more cans

hd650 with cardas cross cable
akg k702

I have these and that mayflower o2 odac

Tell me about audiophilia and the reason for using a tube amp to listen through. Does it really improve the sound that much? Does everything sound better or just a handful of dedicated high quality recordings?

I've still got these huge 100uf Mundorf Aluminum Oil caps to swap in my Crack. Have the basic 100uf Mundorf in there now bypassed by Supreme/Silver/Gold/Oil bypassed by Vcap Teflon.

Maybe, depends on your tastes and what kinda experience you want.

Maybe, some recording are better than others regardless of what system you play them on. Ideally you build a system around your taste. With tube gear you are able to swap in different tubes to get a more appropriate presentation, for instance.

Have three of these huge Mundorf filmTube Caps replacing the electrolytic power supply filter caps.

would you say getting an amp or a good sound card is a must if you own good headphones(hd800 etc)?

wouldn't be a bad idea.

Yes, default soundcards in most PCs is garbage that cost the manufacturer five cents. It probably won't even be able to properly play any FLAC better than CD level. Amps are also a good idea because the 3.5mm jack on your PC is incapable of outputting enough voltage to drive most high end headphones to their full potential.

Garbage In. Garbage Out.

Let me start by saying that I can't pay more than $100 for a pair of headphones. I have a pair of Sony MDR-V6 for home use, which I like. I want to get a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M40x for travel since they're allegedly neutral/flat like the V6 and they have a removable cable that I believe is shorter. I'm wondering how they compare to the V6. Some people seem to like them better.

>tfw always broke so can't buy a good sound card or amp
I need to go hunting at thrift shops, but I'm always iffy about buying anything electronic. I'm using a shitty stereo I got in the early 2000s as an amp.

Try putting a little money aside every week. Keep that up and you can afford things,

What did he mean by this?

At what price point have deminishing returns kicked in?

Any piece of audio equipment over $2000 is a meme meant to bleed cash out of naive people

I think for headphones, around $300 gives you good bang for the buck

Ultimately high end audio gear is designed to reproduce acoustic instruments within the original recorded acoustic space as realistically as possible. But you should feel free to play synthesized music or lo-fi punk etc. it's your money. The idea that only idiots buy high end audio gear is fine, because we all know the most successful people who would have the $100,000 to buy said system are rubes. They clearly dont understand how money works. It's us poor individuals who are the smart ones with our money.