It's Bristol, Baby Sub-edition

Indycar at Barber Motorsports Park; NASCAR Xfinity and Cup Series at Bristol

>Cup quali canceled due to rain

Saturday, April 22
>NCS practice, FS1 0830 ET/1230 UTC
>NXS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 0935 ET/1335 UTC
>NCS final practice, FS1 1100 ET/1500 UTC
>ICS P3 1200 ET/1600 UTC
>NXS Race Fitzgerald Glider Kits 300 (300 laps, 159.9 miles), FS1 1300 ET/1700 UTC
>ICS Quali 1615 ET/2015 UTC

Sunday, April 23
>NCS Race Food City 500 (500 laps, 266.5 miles), FOX 1400 ET/1800 UTC
>ICS Race Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama (90 laps) 1530 ET/1930 UTC

Post the rest in the thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJRM7-6IH_g
youtube.com/watch?v=v9MhOw6Dp0s
youtube.com/watch?v=aYy3WXVYay4
youtube.com/watch?v=_8JLLi740MM
blancpain-gt-series.com/images/results/77/SpotterGuideMonzaBGTS.pdf
blancpain-gt-series.com/entry-list?filter_meeting_id=77
blancpain-gt-series.com/live#live-timing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pride of the west country la

>move race to a later date due to rain
>it rains in the new date

Super Formula this weekend too

>All that sticky resin shit gets washed away for the second straight year

reeeeeee I want old bristol back I don't want to only watch indycar on sunday either

The problem is that they only covered the middle of the turns with the VHT, they needed to lay some down on the entry and exit lines a bit as well
so the cars stick through the center, but on exit either go tight or snap loose depending on the setup from what I saw

At least the top line is kill so there's that

fuck you guys for not caring more about IndyCar best series

awwww, your Indycar general is being slid by the real motor/sp/ort general

Maybe it's time for that NASCAR general

b...bastard

>1. Sebastien Bourdais/France/93pts/Dale Coyne Racing/Honda

>2. James Hinchcliffe/Canada/74pts/Schmidt-Peterson Motorsports/Honda

>3. Simon Pagenaud/France/71pts/Team Penske/Chevrolet

I like American sports
Deport Suarez

patrician user right here.

fine, I'm moving my question here from my kill Indy thread:

>will Fernando learn quickly? will he have speed in the race? if he's successful at Indy, will McLaren consider joining the series as a full time team?

question about the "Triple Crown of Motorsport", i.e. win Monaco GP, win LeMans 24 hour, win Indy 500

does LeMans only count if you win overall, like LMP1? or does a best in class win count, like GT1 or 2

There's nothing official about it. Purists will say you need to win overall at Le Mans but a GTE-Pro win would basically mean the same to me. It's not how it used to be and almost impossible to do because of how different the progressions are now. There's also the less prestigious triple crown of endurance which would be overall wins at Le Mans, Daytona, and Sebring.

get canopies and we'll talk

rail all weekend at bristol

F1 get canopies first and then we'll talk about you talking

The need to build really fucking tall tents over NASCAR ovals. Not a roof but a cover. Give me a minute and I'll sketch something up in paint

Barring an accident I don't think there's any reason for Alonso to finish outside the top 10 or even the top 5 if the "greatest driver in F1" meme still hold true. He's a very talented driver running for a good team (who usually run exceptionally well at Indy) who is being supplied a car by the better of the two manufacturers. As much as I love Indy I think the racecraft required is largely blown out of proportion since like 90% of passes in the current car are slipstreaming out of a corner and making a pass on the straights.

The only areas I foresee Alonso having any difficulty will be in setting up the car and getting use to running closely behind other cars to set up passes. Both of these issues will be remedied during Indy's 2 weeks of testing, Even if Alonso can't figure the car out himself he effectively has 5 teammates to steal data from and similarly will have 5 teammates to learn to draft with.

That said, I expect him to crash at least once during testing as all rookies seem to do. That's not the end of the world however, since after the wreck he'll finally know the limits of the car. Watch /f1/ flip a shit though.

On your last point, I think there's a very interesting dynamic going on in the Mclaren marketing department right now. The US is an expanding market for them (a Mclaren dealership just got built down the road from me, for example) and it would make sense for them to want some genuine exposure outside of their literally unknown Pirelli World Challenge entries. I suspect that Mclaren's target demographic in the US was already pretty familiar with the brand via Formula 1. Of course, the last 3 years in F1 have been nothing but bad exposure, so they may be looking for a new way to paint the brand in a positive light. Partnering with Andretti for the 500 is the perfect solution, since it requires minimal effort on the part of Mclaren while it ties back to their historic roots and allows them to make the Mclaren-Honda partnership look like it wasn't complete shit. Even if Alonso leaves, I would not be surprised if part of the backroom dealings was for Alonso to take Stefan Wilson's seat and then Mclaren to throw up backing for Stefan in 2018.

Don't see it becoming a full season ride though. At the most, maybe they will also run a car for the GP of Indy.

part of the deal with Stefan Wilson stepping aside for Alonso to take his ride was for Wilson having an IndyCar ride, possibly full time, for 2018.

he took one for the team this year, I would hope they wouldn't screw him over

will we ever have another Graham Hill?

JPM
U
A
N

inb4 jpm dies in a RC plane accident

well he needs to get his fat ass to LeMans then, and quick
it's gonna take multiple attempts but if he starts trying NOW maybe he could be the next Graham Hill

also why did ACO change the names of the classes

for me it will always be LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GT2.

he tried out a Porsche LMP1 a few months ago and with marginal testing he was as fast as their best factory drivers, can't see why not go for it now with them or with Ganassi given his Rolex 24 experience

I thought Ganassi was running those Ford GTs in the GT class though

if you don't have to drive a LeMans Prototype and win overall for it to count then yeah if Chip puts a good car behind JPM he's got a shot

also whoever his 2 codrivers would be

>be Juan Pablo Montoya
>cars runnin good all day all night
>so close to the Triple Crown
>then your codriver wrecks the car

I hate the mentality that only the overall win matters in a multi-class race.

The biggest thing a driver can do at Indy is take care of the car to be consistent and get quick at the right time. That's how Mears was so good compared to someone like Michael Andretti.

fuel strategy matters too

Mears was always fast all the time though, on the front row in 70% of his starts

This weekend is also the MotoGP COTA GP

GTE is the new name for GT2.

>MARQUEZWINSLOL

also VASC at Phillip Island, Race 1 was a bit of a fuck fest but its Aussie Supercars and its always amazing.

>Aussie Supercars
>always amazing.
pick 1. it's usually boring as heck barring the big races.

Weather is looking complete shit for today's Xfinity Race and tomorrow morning. Afternoon might dry off enough, they might be able to double stack Xfinity in late afternoon and do Cup as a Day to Night but it could be a Monday Double header if the weather doesn't hold as the Storm system is expected to be gone by early Monday morning.

>The city of NASCAR scheduling

That Alabama track looks nice

That poor guy that crashed at Donington last week had to have both legs amputated. It was a horrible accident. Not really anything anyone can do about that sort of thing.

17 years old. Poor lad

oh

/WRC/ in 5 days lads

great track, puts on some great races

youtube.com/watch?v=wJRM7-6IH_g

Power and Sato from that year too wew

hahahahaha fucking Sato doing what Sato does so well

Getting taken out by others?

Xfinity thread

Will Power did nothing wrong

>motogp and nascar at the same time

>pass/crashfest and pass/crashfest at the same time

he did literally everything wrong there

I get it, we're on Sup Forums, so we have to be Japanese apologists

maybe you're japanese and can't see the replay through those slits?

Will Power is an asshole. Yesterday during practice he got a tire into the dirt just to blast Pagenaud with dust because he was driving close to him.

nice

wew lad the MX5 Cup races. never seen this before.

~1 hour and 20 minutes

Engrish interviews with the non-nip drivers are always amazing

>literally iracing

It's time

STARTING GRIDS

>that tire change

>Mardenborough

loved the commentators emphasising the game shit

how to crash without crashing

Nurburgring 24hr qualifying race stream where?!

0/10

I wish they'd shut up about it already.

DTC delivering some great racing so far in the season opener.

youtube.com/watch?v=v9MhOw6Dp0s

Blancpain GT Endurance race at Monza. 53 cars entered, starts in roughly 30 bings.

youtube.com/watch?v=aYy3WXVYay4
youtube.com/watch?v=_8JLLi740MM

>Drive 7 hours yesterday to get to Bristol
>2 inches of rain all day today
>Stuck in hotel room with shitty TV

At least I get NBCSN so I can watch indy.

AMERICAAAAA
AMERICAAAAA

Shame this will be the only time an American car leads at the Nurburgring, and its just a qualifikation race.

>drive a ferrari
>call it an american car

really wish ratel would stop the amateur participation medals meme

I fear that the race organisation will BoP it down so the German manufacturers are happy their GT3s wont lose against some guy with a dream

One of the SCGs had engine problems early on today though
>power of dreams

>Ferrari

Bentley Bilstein livery is absolutely awful.

Most Bently liveries that aren't the M-Sport look awful.

>lipstick on a __

You mean the Deutsche Post livery?

They actually had to move the headlights on the racecar further out so have it look closer to the road cars proportions, such is the size of the Pigley.

Indeed I do - I was going off the H&R and Bilstein sponsor stickers I could see on the potato stream I'm watching.

Post your favourite livery for the race:

Schnitzer + Charly Lamm + stripes + Nur24 is surely a winning combination.

Not like that is the first revive of that livery in the last five years, cool to see Schnitzer back at the 24h though

thats one expensive repair bill right there

Blancpain GT is always a hot mess especially the starts.

I'm honestly not sure why I bother watching this series.

car list where?

>The cockroach infested shithole that is race control and Guy Smith

It's been pretty shitty since like 2015. Only the last 20-30 mins and Spa are worth watching.

I didn't say it wasn't? The Z4 GT3 with the stripes was one of the best looking race cars in the last 10 years.

Glad that BMW moved away from the red/blue double stripe shit they were doing in ETCC / WTCC with the E90's.

I'm interested to see how the M6 will go next month - last year the M6 was all powerful early in the season, destroyed everyone at the Nur 4hr race and got slapped with a BOP penalty so hard that they were destroying turbos inside of 3hrs into the 24hr race. Hopefully they can hide their cards long enough to be on level pegging with the AMG GT3 and the R8 to avoid the AMG precession last year's race was (after the rain and fog heh).

wew

blancpain-gt-series.com/images/results/77/SpotterGuideMonzaBGTS.pdf
blancpain-gt-series.com/entry-list?filter_meeting_id=77
blancpain-gt-series.com/live#live-timing (pain in the ass to click through)

this is sub-vadim kogay tier.

>BGTS at Monza
Seriously: Who is the dumbass that thought this was a good idea?

race control took too long to drop the green light, you can see the drivers get really antsy at the front and the ones at the back start trying to get the jump and end up bunching the field

it would probably end up w a massive crash anyway even without the bentley being supremely fat