Hello, does anyone know anything about car audio...

Hello, does anyone know anything about car audio? I'm getting two fairly cheap 12" subs mounted in a custom ported enclosure a friend will be making. He is a local expert and comes highly recommended. Today installed a 2000w amp and got the wiring done, which was a pain because my car is a 2 door, and the rear panels were an absolute pain in the ass. I've got a temp 12" sub in the back and it seems pretty goddamn loud. The plan is to buy a decent deck, but the two 12's will be going in before that. Running a stock deck at the moment, boosted treble, subtracted bass and things are pretty boomy with the sealed 12... my question is how to get two 12" subs sounding good BEFORE buying a proper deck. Stock system is actually quite nice with dedicated tweeters so things sound alright now, but I can't imagine the extra sub...

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_33988_Rockford_Fosgate_RF-HLC.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqNy7zqqQ2AIVDdRkCh2CGQ6dEAQYASABEgJNivD_BwE
youtube.com/user/jat4011/videos
dcsoundlab.com/10k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cars are for driving, bass is for fags

>2000W
>2 x 12"
Choose one.

is this b8?

not b8, just uneducated and would like independent opinions and knowledge.

Didn't read the post just saw 2 12s. That'll fucking kick incredibly loud to the point of annoyance, you could get away with one my dude

No, he is just a faggot with a "local pro" friend that thinks car audio is just subwoofers on a "2kW" amp. Running the whole setup on a shitty stock hu and prolly shitty china hi-lo convertors.

I appreciate that advice! Might go with the current setup but the guy's already ordered an additional sub for me... sure he'd be happy to keep it as he's a hobbyist.

>What do you know about car audio
I know that it's pointless unless you drive for a living (and even then, why bother?). Maybe you're poor and it's a way of making you feel rich or something, but nobody but other poor faggots care how "nice" your system is in your car. Maybe you still go to the drive-in.

Not true. It's a hobby and a passion. And it's nice when your build wins a competition or smth. It's just like car racing.

Sup Forums is dead, go to Sup Forums or something.
Have fun with your car sound system mate.

Put 160,000 km on a 2013 so yeah... and I can't be a poor faggot and annoy others in my apartment building.

how many rms watts is your amp?

It's a PL2000.1M... I'm not entirely sure. The spec sheet shows different RMS for different resistances - 1500 W X 1 RMS @ 2 ohm
750 W X 1 RMS @ 4 ohm.

what model subs do you have? you're running them through the stock stereo?

been in 12 volt/ car audio business for many years (24yrs) , I dont do anything particular big or wild in my personal cars, but do set ups costing 15-30 grand on a regular basis...to each his own.....

some amps are able to be tuned by themselves, see if it has any dials on it, look up what they do, and tune it yourself. and get a head unit, you can get cheap af head units that will have subwoofer control, even a second hand one is an option, just get rid of the stock unit asap.

The deck doesnt have much to do with the sound quality you fuckin tool. Your post belongs in a cringe thread. Kill Yourself please

Subs will be cheapie Dual's... not sure the model number but DLS12 maybe? Normally I'd be happier going with more premium components but have gone with the installer's recommendations, and also the price for everything + install will be sub 400 usd - that's not including a new deck though. Speaking of which, any recommendations for a replacement double DIN deck? I've been looking at Pioneer stuff but would appreciate any info.

head unit absolutely has A LOT to do with sound quality of a system...it will only sound as good as its weakest link...period...

Deck is what puts out the sound dipshit.

>ported enclosure
ya fucked up, m8

get a graphic equalizer,, a 12 v unit for the car, a variac can be used I think,to step down the power requirements of a home unit from your customary home voltage type for use in the car soundcraftsman was one brand years ago,they sell for a couple pounds in resale shops,may are still in excellent shape, try also feeding full range hz tones you tube channels into the system,that would disclose buzzing rattling,odd noises which you then firm up with bolts isolated on rubber mounts,and screws,,trunk junk that gets to
making noise with a lot of bass,,you also can use superglue to fix all EQ levers in the optimum position for the best sound

At least go with a kicker/jl/mtx, anything is better than dual.

Know why they call them 'dual'?
>because you have to buy them twice

What do you really want out of it - why are you doing this. Are you a first-car-teen-driver that wants a 'badass thumpin system'? Do you want an improvement over what you have now? Are you going for competition?

Personally i'd focus on quality sound over "loud".

Not going for competition and not a first car. I'm in my late 20's and not looking for anything other than enjoying loud music with more low-end than I can get with my stock system. I drive a lot and use headphones at home, so upgrading speakers in a car that mostly stays on highways seemed like a good idea. I'll talk to the guy and see if I can get a different singular 12" instead?

Oh wow, your an adult? I thought only faggot 16 year old teenagers pimped out their car with subs. Here's an idea, people don't enjoy hearing your music blasted full tilt. It's irritating and inconvenient. Grow the fuck up

JL Audio offers some good Subs in their "entry level" lines that are very good and not too pricey

just shows YOU are not "adult" enough to know some people just like to hear quality sound when they listen to music...very ignorant statement from you

Also consider what your electrical system can actually support.

Nothing make me laugh more than some tool in a shitbox that I can hear rattling from a mile away, and the lights all dim with the beat.

Spend more time on the fit-and-finish, stopping rattles, sound deadening/insulation, etc than the car audio itself. That's what makes the system work.

Since I upgraded what's in my pickup, i've found I actually listen to music quieter than I did before because it sounds decent at lower volumes.

And it's a single 10" with a 300W amp. Custom sealed box.

Appreciate this advice. I've got plate rattle taken care of already but might look into insulation and of course higher quality components going forward.

i use a pioneer and i like it. when do kenwood dnn991hd is a good one also.

weathertechs?

customer's truck i did system in (getting mid/high amps situated in this pic)...i didnt address floor mats

Stop being a nigger. No one wants to hear you bumping beats around the neighborhood. Shit is annoying, you can listen to music in your car just fine without being an annoying prick.

you use 4 gauge?

onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_33988_Rockford_Fosgate_RF-HLC.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqNy7zqqQ2AIVDdRkCh2CGQ6dEAQYASABEgJNivD_BwE

This guy's right.

You're obnoxious

custom made 0awg ,then 4awg to each amp

Because having your low end be 30db higher than the mids and highs is quality.

When you start throwing "real" subs in the vehicle, it's more than just the plate that rattles. Windows, door trim, latches, etc. Memory foam is cheap and works well. Dynamat/etc as needed.

if a system is set up for sound Q the sounds will be tuned as needed...if a system is set up to be "crowd loud" then they will be tuned as such

how much you charge per hour?. my buddy installs systems and makes around $200 per hour.

Try the amp you collossal fuck up

Is that a Pioneer AVH-X491BHS, and if so how do you like it?

if you go "cheap" it will sound "cheap".

All i know is that driving in traffic is bad enough. When some tryhard faggot pulls up and starts forcing his shitty nigger music on me, it makes me rage. It should be legal to murder those kind of people

i only charge by hr if im working on a "repair" of a customers exsisting work..all work performed by my shop is priced as a "complete" job, not broken down hourly

Dude, are you 15, or are you a nigger? Only teenagers, and niggers think that shit is cool.

Sundown sa series 12 on a ns amp

incorrect.

No. I'm not incorrect. Literally only teenagers, and loud ass niggers are into that shit. I guess there's the option of people who never grew up, too. Which one are you?

Or beaners. Thats it though

Ported > sealed

Being a beaner, myself, I can confirm that dumb ass cholos are also a category that enjoy loud ass subwoofer bullshit.

i'm neither and i enjoy it therefore you are incorrect.

nice clean job, but
>no more storage/useful space
one of the major design factors behind my installations are "keep use of the space in the vehicle".
Does depend on what you're after though.

AVH-X5700BHS. First model with the dual rearview camera inputs. Camera over the hitch, another on the back of my trailer.
Overall i've been happy with it.

And people who spend a lot of time in their vehicles. $600 of improvements to the entertainment system makes 1000+ mile drives suck a lot less.
Stock stereo in my pickup had a CD player that ate discs with no external input. Aftermarket system added backup cameras, USB input, bluetooth/handsfree, pandora, etc.

this is an example of a more "entry level" set up i have done at my shop...mainly flat panel work,nice,clean ,simple..

No shit sherlock

depends on the subs

does it have nav?

Nope he's right. If you're older than low 20s and have aftermarket subs in your car, there's a 90% chance you work an entry level job making less than $40k and probably will until you retire. Sorry, but it's just the truth. No one pulls up to a respectable place of employment in their niggermobile bumping 50 cent or whatever you fucks listen to nowadays.

vented enclosure always out perform sealed IF tuned correctly, if NOT tuned correctly sound can be less than appealling

I also do a lot of iPad integration...here is an example of that done in an Escalade...fabricated this dash bezel to replace factory one...

Optional.
Between my phone and standalone handheld GPS, I really didn't feel the need to spend anohter $300-ish on that option. That functionality is already covered with other equipment.

I see a lot of people putting thousands into custom audio equipment, televisions in the headrests, etc...

Then, I come along and repo their car because they're stupid and spent all their money on speakers, and suddenly... oops, they don't have enough for that bank note to actually pay for the car.

I don't knock people for hobbies. I'm posting here on a Sunday morning.

Facts are facts, though... More often than not, if you see a car with an aftermarket system that isn't there by necessity on a repo (old head broke, speakers go boom, etc.) there will likely be less than a quarter tank of gas in the car, a half-empty gas can in the back, and a ton of unpaid tickets.

such ignorance in your statement, my shop does FULL systems in HIGH END cars for very wealthy clients on a daily basis...

so, basically, niggers.

Wiggers, too. I see lots of dip tins, Mountain Mist Spray Air Fog Blast, and Suboxone wrappers. I operate in a diverse area.

>entry "level"
>$1000 in subs $1000 in labor

get out of here newfag. just because you install some jlcrap in someone ride doesn't mean you know shit. shit subs

are you just selling people JLs? or do they not know anything about better quality

good "ENTRY LEVEL" subs pay attention (for those who cant afford higher end equip) not everyone can afford to put Focal,DynAudio,etc in their car, for those who can i have plenty of high end equipment

>Focal,DynAudio
top kek
ok you can stop now

...and I forgot to mention that, generally, you will be fucked with more by law-enforcement for having an after-market system. Nothing more annoying than sitting in traffic with some obnoxious dipshit who is completely oblivious to the fact that there are other people around that maybe don't want to listen to the frame of your Honda break apart under the vibrations.

>out perform
if all you care about is raw SPL, sure
but then again, if you're on this board, you do...

You mean you order them from the vendor catalog?

yet another ignorant statement...cant you tell us all what your level of experience is?? just curious

if youre not running DC audio, sundown or crescendo, youre fuckin up

no, i mean i STOCK them..all models even Focal Beryllium, Mosconi,etc..i can put you in touch with my shop if you'd like

the best installer in car audio
youtube.com/user/jat4011/videos

trying to push these shit brands, you clearly have no idea what youre talking about

or youre some euro faggot**

Well I hope everyone has enjoyed people calling other people faggots and niggers. It's been an informative experience! Thanks to contributors.

That won't be necessary. Whether you're telling the truth or not is irrelevant to me, honestly. I'm just happy people are stupid enough to spend money on shit like this instead of their car payments. It's no different than seeing a Camry with Lexani rims on it. It's an instant realization of the driver's intelligence.

i dont know what im talking about says the guy calling VERY high end equipment "shit brands" ....clearly You dont know what you are talking about...

this is why you dont listen to people who work in shops and do your own research

>experience
none whatsoever.
i just know "loud" doesn't always mean "good"
but you can go ahead and pretend to have installed 1000 systems, and how you're all better than everyone in this thread.
it won't change the fact that "loud" doesn't always mean "good"
>i'll take 'personal preference' for $400, alex

well, to each his own...thats the beauty of freedom i suppose!

This.

Get a box that's tuned for your subs, also go ported instead. its much louder

nobody said" loud"...and the equipment i mention isnt desinged for playing loud,but more so to reproduce sound accurately..no need for me to pretend anything...im 24 yrs into the industry

No. You don't listen to people who you haven't done business with in the past. You should ALWAYS listen to someone with more experience in a field than yourself in that subject. Want to know how to hide your car from a repo man? Ask a repo man (hint: a good one won't tell you shit, a better one will tell you just because he knows he'll get it anyway). Wanna know how to reap the benefits of the government? Ask a... You see where I'm going?

dcsoundlab.com/10k
someone buy me this for christmas thanks

of course, sound master
you know everything, sound master
i bow to your excellence, sound master
>not that i believe you or anything

I 12 boxed will help with the boom. Or go to 2 10's, they will have a punchier sound. I would recomend getting a capacitor unless you are a fan of replacing the alternator in the car every 12 months or so.

what do you think of audison amps?

and you're stuck on old brands that have been far surpassed

well ass someone in the industry i can offer what i know from 24 years of HANDS ON experience....you can lead a horse to water, but cant make it drink...