Why are East Germans so darn atheist?

Why are East Germans so darn atheist?

>Poland is Catholic af
>East Germany is atheist

hmmm

What's wrong with that?

The difference being catholicism has been one of the cornerstones of polish culture whereas germans never been to obsessed about it even less protestants.

religion is bourgeois

Poland pushed the soviets out of their country in the late 50's, but the Soviet troops never left Germany.

Poland is basically the France of WARSAW

Communist education was really effective on them.
They used to be the bastion of Protestantism in Germany, Luther was from there as well.

Now most of them aren't even baptized while in West Germany basically all Germans get baptized at birth even if they don't really practice their religion later on

But Bavaria is Catholic af

>american education

>When an American posts

Well that's bavaria. Most of western/southern germany is catholic. Mostly old Prussia and north was protestant.

Soviets tried to force atheism on us too but we did opposite and radicalized our catholicism.

Pic rel is Polish priest beaten to death by commie authorities.

protestants are culturally cucks, more news at 11

Commie authorities best kid's friends

Commies did nothing wrong, in regards to religion.

>but we did opposite and radicalized our catholicism.

Shame this blew in our faces eventually.
In the 90s you would be lucky if there was a standing place at the mass.
Today churches have become empty to the point where each attending believer has enough room to lie down on the sitting bench.

Hell, you know what is the mass attendance in Providence Temple, Warsaw largest catholic church? 40-50 people, even during the most convenient of hours.

But is it really worse than catholicism?
You should know better than me, after all it was the Papal State which declared unified Italy to be a non-country out of sheer butthurt over lost territories.

It's still better than the rest of Europe I guess but yeah, you're right tho, Poland secularised quite much since the 90s.

that concerns the temporal authority of the pope as a king, it's not related to catholic culture

Both churches are top cucks, so personally I support neither.

You're saying like it is a bad thing.

Well, catholicism did became our defining trait as a culture.

And the bad thing about this recent shift is that our church behaves as if ignoring these issues will make them go away on their own.
Trust me, it won't.

Fuck you

Non-believer?
Or a certain 'third option'? :^)