How do I clean the remaining gunk out of this thing? It was pretty caked on before

How do I clean the remaining gunk out of this thing? It was pretty caked on before

I let it soak in salt+iso alch (only 70% all ive got) for an hour and then flushed it with boiling water which got most of it. Then I let it soak overnight in the same solution and flushed it this morning but it refuses to budge.

Any ideas?

Isopropyl alcohol
90+%
Get some in shake it around
Pour into strong glass
Boil on low or leave sitting until alcohol evaporates then vape it again

Soak for a bit in some acetone (nail polish remover)

buy an ultrasound bath

You need to shake it up, so the salt acts as an abrasive.

the best way I found is to get salt and alcohol cover all the holes and shake the salt should grind off the remaining gunk

not a bad idea, i think my flatmate has a smallish one

might give that a go. wont work int he iso alch ive got cause its too much water

will this be any better than iso tho?

got the same problem once. finally i heated the remains up with a lighter from the outside until it got all black and crispy on the inside. A quick flush with water washed the rest out.

I got >99.9% from Amazon pretty cheap.

what % was it? this 70% shit ive got lying about disolves too much salt

tittes for everyones time

nice idea, i will give this a go.

yeah i made a mistake and a bought 70. foolish!

i forgot to mention that you have to wash the coal out when the glass is still hot. Can you try and post results?

acetone is a better solvent for organic stuff so yes it will be better
more flamable though, so care

sure i gotta wait like 10-20 mins to use the kitchen but will report back. ill make a new thread if this one dies.

You could try using the 70% with a less soluble abrasive. Fine sand maybe?

Yes i can confirm this quick method. I think it's calles pyrolysis effect.
also nice tits..OC?

nah just saved from somewhere i dont remember where. heres some semi-oc for you tho

Pouring cold water on hot glass is a great way to destroy something.

no shit dude. the hot water comes out of the tap at almost 70c so it should be fine.

recently i bought one of those
diameter of the spiral is just 2mm so this should do it

just nope. the pipe should be of hardened glass and take it without a problem. Worked fine for me as allready mentioned.

forgot pic....i should smoke less

ever use orange chronic?

perhaps it will be alright but its a pretty flimsy and inexpensive bit of glass. dont wanna risk it after spending time fucking around with it. also i wanna sell/trade it with someone cause ive not used it in years (and also stopped smoking weed)

Put it in the oven while it's soaking

It REALLY depends on what the residue is, as you need to use something that it is soluble in. For example, if the residue isn't alcohol soluble then isopropyl alcohol will do nothing. You might have to use either water, an acid, or an alkali.

dont think so. this was the last shit i smoked out of it

All depends on the overall quality. Expensive Borosilicate glass should be just fine, regular soda-lime glass would be kinda risky.

Ill teach you a trick, Powerball dishwashing tablet and boiling water. Make sure you warm the glass up first and no cold water straight after

indeed you can just use hot water to minimize the risk of shattering. My attempts (all with cold water) showed that it is important that the glass is still hot.

lol, its glass cleaner, that shit works wonders even on the toughest res

Lightly run a dry rag through the inside then coat the inside with Dawn gentle hands dish detergent. Let sit for an hour and fill with boiling water afterwards. Finally with the water still in it place in freezer for 3 hours.

Can confrim that this work OP. This user is one smart cookie.

haha i thought it was some strain

no way any sort of rag is getting through. not even a tisuse

pipecleaners, or a wire brush?

Any of those dishwasher pellets that are super flakey, or whatever. The ones that break into dust with no effort.

>Take at least one fourth of pellet
>and crush it
>smash it good
>mix powder with water
>soak
>rinse
>repeat rinse
>no, really, rinse it good

usually i store my boiling water in the freezer too. Perfect for some midnight noodles.

> glass in freezer
Nice b8 m8

ikr such a time saver!

any results for you yet? i have a crispy pipe laying around too...

TOP KEK MY GOOD NIGER

just tried using salt as an abrasive, no bueno. gonna try heating it with a lighter from the outside next. will try ultrasonic bath after and failing that ill try dishwasher tab ()

Buy a new pipe and dont be such a retard this time.
Problem solved your welcome

I use little pellet from pellet gun and gently make them roll around in the piece. Mix with iso and salt and you are good to go

fuck man how are you so smart.

ok the pyrolysis effect is sort of working? a little of the stuff came off but its taking forever and ive only got a shitty disposable lighter. its in the ultrasound cleaner now. i think mybest bes tis gonna be buying one of these : cause the boiling water is softening it up just not removing it

hmm thats a good idea. will try that as well

take a proper lighter and burn that junk away! all this chemical bullshit allways leaves chems inside and you don't wanna inhale them.

im worried if i take a blowtorch to it the thing is gonna shatter, like i said it's pretty cheap thin glass.

Hey you got a torch..perfect.
Don't be worried, you know how these are made and bend? exactly like this. Just be careful to slowly heat it up maybe from a little distance. You can watch the remains vaporize. The water wash will to the rest.

update OP? don't let the bread die

more of her and her arguments?

ok so ultrasound worked a little on the less stubborn bits so i went to pyrlysis. blowtorching ti was actually working kinda well! on the less sticky stuff it was coming straight off no water needed. i ran it under the scalding hot tap (seirously this shit will burn you) and it fucking cracked :(

game over. 2-3 hours of effort wasted. i've had this shit for 10+ years im sad to see it go. oh well.

thanks anons i know for the future what to do now.

again just some random shit i saved. i love tits, they're fantastic.

RIP spiral pipe:(
some footage of the mess?

if it is a hot torch you can try to re weld the parts together?!

water on hot glass? are you serious?

Saw it coming

so what do you recommend for the others? just blowtorchng without washing or what?

Ethyl alcohol + salt
Put that shit in a large back and shake the hell out of it and let it soak.

Rubbing alcohol and large sea salt. Mic together and shake with solution inside. Salt breaks down and scraps away the resin, doesn't scratch the glass.

too late bro
just too late

70c water on it after letting it cool for 20-30 seconds. the glass was hot but not glowing or anything. also it had worked 5 cycles already so i thought it was fine. i was even wearing goggles incase this happened. i should have let it cool down more.

too many parts, not worth my time. it was only a cheap one (i think)

i put it into the bin and im not looking it again.

RIP

>i used a blowtorch on it and it cracked when I put it into the water

You just got what you deserved for your blatant retardation..

at least one bait that made it up to he very hard end haha

Build an elaborate brush system from pipe cleaners.
Then brush it

this is the last time im explaining this. i understand how rapid temprature changes work. i heated it, let it cool for 20-30 seconds, then ran it under 70 degree celsius water. it had also worked 5 times already just fine.

But it was rapid temperature changes that cracked your pipe, OP.

Maybe you don't understand it as well as you think you do

i hate to admit it but you're probably right. i thought the difference wouldn't be great enough to cause this to happen. lesson learned.

>"i understand how rapid temprature changes work"
>now has a cracked crack pipe
wow you impressed my sides

well at least something came out of my ineptitude!

id take it to work and clean it with hydrochloric acid, 37% fuming, shits good for cleaning stuff

can it fix a shattered pipe too?

with a blowtorch it was alot hotter than 70°C m8, the tension that builds up in glass when you heat it and then rapidly cool down is not to be taken too lightly.
when my parents build their house my uncle had a beer bottle under a big lighter and when he grabbed it with his lightly wet working gloves it shattered right there, which was good, imagine if his glove were dry and he just poured it down his throat

Just run some acetone through it. A torch isn't a cleaning tool.

the torch still wasnt getting off most of the crud by itself but it was def vaping off some of the looser stuff. honestly i think a 5+ hour solvent soak (iso 99% etc) followed by a long bendy pipe cleaner would be best. or just buy a new one. a replacement of this one is £10 on ebay

Gotta shake it. Clean more often. If it's gunning up like that then you're not cleaning it enough dumbass faggot retard

i haven't used it for 8 years and its now broken but thanks for your input insult insult moron

Was jk. Why you not using that shit for so long?

i preferred smoking joints. then i moved to a vapcap m which is great. now ive stopped smoking/getting high for a a bit to clear my head. was a daily smoker of 10 years. on day 14 right now. was just cleaning it up to trade with a friend.

Buy bong cleaner, much better than DIY.

Or soak it in the solution again and scrub it out with pipe cleaners, craft grade ones might work but the quality ones designed for cleaning pipes will work better, but might not be as long.

brake fluid.

It has to do with water's specific heat. It may have been hot as shit still, but it's got a higher specific heat so the temperature of the glass of closer to that of the water than the other way around. It happens to the best of us man, I had to break a pipe for the police to keep shit off my record if that's consolation.

You need at least 91% iso if you want to clean that out, also like user said, you have to shake it so the salt rubs it off as well. Fill it up, plug both ends, and shake.

Homie im a glassblower, ya you shouldnt have ran it under scalding hot water like that. However, if thats all it took for your pc to anhero, i mean im suprised it lastrd that long.

However, your shits not totally dead. Post a pic of it now i can asses the dmg and see if its salvageable

And with this torch shit on ur glass, thats a sure fire way to rekt ur pieces, unless you know wtf ur doing i wouldnt recomend it.

For resin and that kind of shit, you need an acid that is "safe" for you but that will eat that shit out. And rinse after ofc.
But if you dead set on temperature flash idk put that shit in the oven center rack amd put it to clean mode? Amd then allow it to slowly come back to normal temp. That should break up the shit i there but i doubt it would clean clean it

Again
Guess im spoiled and i can make my own.

And * sorry fat finger small ass phone

yeah it was a cheap piece, not to mention unwieldy to smoke out of. im more saddened by the sentimental loss and that i was close to being done.

it cracked pretty bad right on a corner piece and its not worth attempting to fix so i just binned it.

yeah 99% iso with a pipecleaner/thin bendy brush was def the way to go - i just wanted to see if i could do it without any further purchases. thanks for the info tho!

Use some draino or other liquid drain cleaner. Easy. Then you have most of the bottle for your shower or sink. So hooray for that.

Shucks bro, you could bring it to a local glassblower and have them turn it unt a pendant or some shit

haha nah its alright. i need less clutter and trinkets in my life if anything. a nice idea tho.

hahaha

you can't use 70% with salt you fool.
the 30% water dissolves the salt.

citrasolve
gojo, etc
the orange gritty shit you use to wash motor oil off your hands works well if you don't have access to the necessary 99%

also, heat it with boiling water first and then use the alcohol, it dissolves much more readily when it's hot.

heat it slowly and evenly and it should be fine

if you heat only one spot it will crack.

So listen, take a tiny cup of ISO alc and heat it in the microwave for like 20 seconds. Then get some salt, and pour the salt then heated iso into the glass. If you could seal both ends (maybe using saran wrap and an elastic) or you can plug the holes with your fingers. Anyways, shake viciously until clear, rinse with hot water. If any still remains, repeat process.

take a shrinking pill and crawl inside like a chimney sweep

Got ya. If you get back to it again. I use a ceramic vape oven then the vaped weed goes into melted chocolate bout 1/4 tsp each dose. Freeze, enjoy second use of weed. Shit last like 8 hours. It's great. I only do it once a month maybe. Been smoking weed for 30 years. This is by far the best way to go about it.

Just a little bit of acetone and that thing will look Brand NEW

Soak in vinegar

Nail polish remover will remove everything 100%

Rubbing alcohol and salt, can use pump or any action that will vigorously push the fluids back and forth against the walls. Soaking never done shoot but create a hard residue on the walls for me.