Automation to replace 10,000,000 USA jobs

youtube.com/watch?v=bK76W1kH4jA

How should the economics of America adapt to the rise in automation?

10,000,000 labor jobs will be gone by 2025.

Should USA restrict automation and slow it down? Or embrace it and outlaw human driving for maximum efficiency?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eaB2TBPceUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We should welcome to move to automation. There is no reason people from first world countries should be doing these jobs. Automation pushes people to become more educated and pursue high skill jobs instead of being lazy and falling into the safe net low skill jobs pay.

Dig hole

I agree

It would free up time for more sports to become popular too, like women's volleyball.

Nah, automate way, and cut all welfare, lets see who adapts and who doesn't.

I don't think humans can handle this kind of thing. The upgrades to human biology are not happening quickly enough compared to the existential terror that technology causes. Think we should smash the robots tbhdesusenpaifam

Is it just me or does that truck look like it's not driving within the lines of the lane for the first 40 seconds of the vid?

Humanity is incapable of doing that though.

It would require world cooperation. We will rush to the singularity even if it means we all die or some slave hell outcome.

youtube.com/watch?v=eaB2TBPceUA

>Or embrace it and outlaw human driving for maximum efficiency?
Gonna laugh when some joker puts a stop sign on a freeway and every car stops

>How should the economics of America adapt to the rise in automation?

By bringing in more unskilled immigrants!

And it will push a lot more people on welfare and food stamps.

looks like people will be forced to work in areas that are harder to be automated, but given enough time even those might be automated too one day, so it can't be like this forever

hopefully one day the automation will be so cheap that people won't have to work anymore

i might just be that joker thanks for the brilliant idea

I for one welcome our new AI overlords.

>forcing people to resort to crime to survive

What's more likely is we'll all just be standing around in the street hungry because we got no jobs and we're poor. Like Elysium, Dredd, RoboCop or some other sci-fi movie. Although it won't be as cool as a sci Fi movie it will just suck really bad.

10,000,000 Less jobs = 10,000,000(+) Less purchasing power = x+ less jobs = x+ less purchasing power

Please, explain to me how automation is sustainable I'm listening.

Have you ever considered that the people have a choice, and if we want to keep those jobs, just call a fucking human taxi instead of your fag robot car.

>fire all the warehouse workers
>force them all to buy new, expensive cars
I mean, its not like they have anywhere to go now that you fired them, I guess.

You save a lot of resources.

5.4 million crashes at an average cost of $7,500

around 40,000 deaths at a cost of around $1.1 million per death

It's a lot of resources being lost.

Universal Basic Income

It will allow people to become flexible entrepreneurs.

In b4 autistic libertaricucks

You don't have to tip or deal with a smelly arab in a fag robot car.

It's also not a loss of output

The output increases or stays the same. The amount of resources in society goes up. It's not like stopping coal usage or something. There is no output decline.