twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are you ?

>technoLOGy

Oh for fucks sake, kys

It's just convenience.

Alexa, turn off the lights.

Alexa, set a timer for 10 minutes.

Alexa, what's the weather.

It's not forcing anything. people want to be able to do things without having to pick up a phone or own a specific device for each task.

the type of people who have a tendency to buy things they don't actually need, and its never seen again after 4 weeks

Yeah, like cell phones. Nobody uses those anymore.

yeah mang

Just turn off the lights, set a timer, and check the weather your damn self.

These personal home assistants most useful feature is that they let you give money to Amazon even faster. I've already heard horror stories about random packages showing up or kids and parrots ordering stuff

No one is forcing it, retard. People are buying it voluntarily. That's why it's staying on the market.

Yeah real horror show. the degeneracy of the west knows no bounds. What's next? If virtual assistants are any clue, we'll have people nuking the planet with a simple command like "Alexa, purify the earth."

Well i see how it would be nice to integrate into your personal home automation, otherwise you can use it for mostly casual music searches and small info. It also stimulates lonely people who need someone to talk, even if it's just commands.

I have mine set to not purchase anything. I use it to play ambient sounds for my tabletop gaming.
"Computer, play Medieval Town"
"Computer, play Ice Cavern"
It's pretty handy for that, and I can make her roll dice or track turn order in a large combat.
It's also handy when cooking, I can get simple sauce recipes or measurement conversions without having to wash my hands, look in my phone or thumb through a cookbook, and then get back to actually cooking.

check'd

This is now a gets thread

Alec Baldwin, Cuck technology endorsed by cuck actor.
Liberals buy it up because shit tier Trump impression and #not my president

Said the rural nobody living in a slum running a generator for electricity.

You can try alexa online here

echosim.io/

I‘m sure that thread was made by Amazon marketing department

check 'em

One can dream

No

if dubs you are actually gay retard irl

The government is forcing tech companies to do this.

Eventually, there will be a propaganda story about a child being located by one of these, then it will go from there.

Eventually if you make fun of muslims near one, the police will come to your house. And they will be used to prove guilt in all criminal trials in addition to cell phone GPS data

Your tin foil is too tight.

Tin Foil is a standard memorized response, for when you present speculation or information that is distrustful of the government, and that is unfamiliar to a normie and thus they assume they must reject it to protect their social image

Protecting a social image on Sup Forums? Now I know you're actually loony and not just pretending.

It's a standard response to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. If you want a more intelligent response, then you should say something more intelligent.

> tips fedora

Thank you Intelligent man for the free info

>2010: The NSA has all of our houses mic'ed up and are listening to our every word! This should never be allowed!

>2017: Hey Alexa/Google/Siri, my home address is X, Phone number is Y, and Credit card number is Z. Go online and buy me some pringles, sponges, latex gloves and lube.

>Hey alexa please listen for me and add me to a watchlist because of a conversation i had when I was drunk

Alternatively in canada

>hey alexa please come arrest me for hate speech

But this post is wrong, all because of makeshift hats created out of metallic food preservative wrap

It's already been confirmed the US govt can listen to you through your iphone, how the fuck are you so dense that you think these dedicated listening devices aren't capable of doing the same thing

sarcasm. I bet they also make money selling the constant stream of text keywords those things send back, for marketing data

Alexa, help me write my suicide note

of course they do, I didn't pick up on the sarcasm because of the perception people have these days that the government would never do anything bad to us :^)

They should have just went ahead and made Alexa into the shape of a paperclip like clippy pic related

In the 90s people would have just assumed Alexa was a living aid for mentally disabled and retarded people. But Alexa is sold to everyday normal people