Is there a afterlife?

Is there a afterlife?

No. Thank goodness.

Damn would be nice tho.

Yes.

I read its impossible... but i sure hope youre right

I personally don't believe there is one.

There's no evidence that one exists, but there is also no evidence that one doesn't exist, so in that case, I'm choosing to believe there is not an afterlife.

I think we all would. Id like one with some order in it.

Its just sad to think that this is the only one we get and some people go threw hell in this one... i wish they could have a better experience

It's not necessarily a good thing. Nobody can prove the afterlife will be better then what we have now, or worse.
But I believe it will be better. Stay positive.

>afterlife is impossible
isn't that kind of the point though?

No, and yes. The universe is infinite. That means all things are possible... eventually. 'You' will exist again. The exact same 'you' that exists now. That 'you' will exist and continue to exist infinitely. It's just really too bad that 'you' and your perceptions are governed by time and space. You're just a computer being factory reset for eternity.

That doesnt sound tobad l thanks that does help :)

Thats a tricky one because behind that logic everything = everything and anything you both conceive and haven't conceived has happened and hasn't happened. Duality is fun.

Lmfao No. Your "life" starts and ends with your consciousness. You're body is just a vessel to support your brain, want to know what the "afterlife" feels like? Think of what your "before-life" was like. What did that feel like? absolutely nothing. Sure, it's comforting to be willfully ignorant to facts and think death isn't the end, ignorance is bliss, but you might as well be honest with yourself.

I hear what youre saying. Thanks

There's no reason to life, why do you want one in death?

but are you really being honest with yourself? Why would we have any tangible connection to something that would fundamentally need to be such an external thing to have any real meaning. Do you really think this is just random oblivion and mathematically you are just impossibly lucky to be who you are right now? Is that not synchronic on its own to begin with? Clearly there is more going on than we can comprehend.

Good point

anything makes you feel better

you are completely missing the point, stop being a retard nihilist because you experience nothing. Assuming nothing over something is definitely the more comfortable position.

Yes. I do think that actually, with the amount of time the universe as we know it was around for, we eventually came to be, we are all extremely lucky to be experiencing what this "life" even is right now, just because death is the end doesn't mean life automatically sucks now, it should just give you even more appreciation for it, and to make the best of it while you can.

Whatever helps you sleep better at night

Assuming nothing over something after death is the more comfortable position? Seriously? What do you think religion is still around for? besides to keep people in line and for money of course.

its possible actually. why do i say this?

>still more shit to this universe/existence that we havent figured out, and shit we will never be able to figure out

>the brain is in fact more complex than we are lead to believe
look up DMT experaments on youtube

>odball fact that when youre experiencing nightmares they dont occur in the part of the brain that is supposed to handle dreams. unfortunately cant source this article i read wayy back in like 2009

and this one is just my own speculation from observations

>sleeping and dreaming might be interconnected for all who do
it will take too long for me to explain this but there have been many accounts of shared dreams, and on top of that it seems that if you were to isolate humans dreams alone, they seem to influence trends in society extremely subtly.
for instance that one dream you had about ramming that one chick you know, woke you up only to be extremely horny for her for the next few days

now of course im not expressing this as fact but i do find these things strange enough to justify not flat out denying any spiritual connection to something

the topic of religion is a whole nothing thing though but not gonna go on about it in this post

I'm not And I'm not nihilism at all. I'm just saying that no one have an answer, believe in what makes you feel better.
Also thinking there is no afterlife doesn't make you nihilistic

Oh god. Did you seriously just include DMT hallucinations and dreaming as part of your evidence of an afterlife? Wow you are so introspective and philosophical Joe Rogan!

religion for existential masturbatory use is about as bad as being a nihilist about it. The true concept of god is frankly fucking scary/blows any human religion out of the water. Also I'm pretty sure when you die its like going into an infinite dream in the back of your head, you detach from time and there you are. Its all about what you went through and what you did really, but I cant really claim I have a clue what death really is. My main point is just that life is too god damn complex to just be happenstance. There is more going on even if it is very explainable at the crux of it. We clearly are a extremely small part of whatever it is but it sure seems like something important is happening.

dunno who that is, just pointing out my perspective and observations, just saying you gotta be more open minded about this stuff. when quantum physics shows us that this universe/multiverse gets more counter intuitive the deeper we look into it, who is to say that isnt the tip of the infinite iceberg?

also
>getting this mad unironically over a differing opinion

When you die you go to a fairytale dreamland for eternity. Okay..

way to completely circumstance what I said around your shitty conceptualizations, it seems like a pretty plausible biological thing, time is something you experience, what happens when its ripped away from you at death? And idk about you but few dreams I have are anything like fairytales. Stop being so depressive.

Only if you pay the catholic church like 5000 dollar/euro/pound

No, just an endless void of nothingness. If you make it past 90 you'll probably be begging for death.

>not doing a shit ton of really hard recreational drugs at 70 and throughout because why the fuck not

might as well find out what the void is all about before becoming it.