I'm homeless in 5 days. My parents are kicking me out. I can't find work in my city...

I'm homeless in 5 days. My parents are kicking me out. I can't find work in my city. Legit little to know doable jobs with my education or skill set. I have $65 in my account. I'm 20 years old. I have no degree or job skills.

We just moved here so I have no friends or family. I'll have my SS card, birth certificate, ID, and that's it. I can't drive and I'll leave with a bag of clothes and a bar of soap.

I live in SoCal and I don't know what the fuck to do. Any other ex-homeless fugs know what to do? I'm so lost and desperate. I need practical steps on how to get back to normal.

Other urls found in this thread:

colapublib.org/aboutus/librarycard.php
colapublib.org/aboutus/idrequirement.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Join the military.

I hate to say it but this is good advice, not because you have no money or no place to live, but because you have no prospects.

>Legit little to know doable jobs with my education or skill set.
>Little to know
>know

wonder fucking why

How do you know you can't find work in your city if you just moved here?

>I'm 20 years old.
>I have no degree or job skills.
>I can't drive
What the fuck have been doing with yourself then? Let me take a guess, you sit inside all day playing vidya gaimes, and now your parents are sick of you being a leech and have decided that its finally time for you to grow up.

Indeed, Monster, and craigslist have no positions. It's a crappy city here and kind of poor. I won't have internet access at all and I need to know how I'll be able to get internet to keep looking for jobs (have no library card).

Go and ask for job at you nearest fast food restaurant. If you get a job, any job, you parents will likely allow you to stay in their sexy new basement for a while.

tell me about your interests and hobbies. what are the things that make you happy? what makes you sad?

library cards are free. you literally just go ask for one and they give it to you after you fill out a form. How have you made it to 20 years old and are still so helpless?

You can't. They need a bill and proof of residency. I don't have those anymore since I'm going to be homeless. Parents aren't going to give me a bill or anything.

Let me take a random guess op, you live in the high desert right? (Apple valley, victorville, Hesperia, ect.) I was in the same situation a long while back. My advice, go to the inland Empire (San Bernardino/riverside area) even if you can't get a steady job do some wherehouse work or work a night shift, there is work down here and a few Amazon warehouses, plus the rents not absolutely shite here either, good bus service too, so you won't be fucked transport wise.

This.
/Thread

Get any shitty job to keep yourself afloat in the beginning, you will manage as you go along.

Get a job housekeeping for a hostel. They're always hiring. Pretty chill work, you get fit while working and you find free alcohol, drugs, food and clothes and often they'll let you live at the hostel too.

Also for a 20yo you should have your shit together more. Most people work from age 12 and save up $5-10k before finishing highschool, then live by themselves when they finish highschool.

Also get out of California, place is expensive as fuck.

>Looked at 3 websites
>There's no work
Print out 30 resumes a day and walk down the street turning them into shops and businesses. Don't come home until all your resumes are gone. You'll have a job in a day or two. Git gud.

I doubt that. My local library only requires a photo ID, which if you don't have at age 20, you have utterly failed at life.

Bingo. I live in Lancaster, CA. How do I do it? Do I just walk in and say "I'm looking for work?" Who do I ask at the warehouses, etc.? What are hygiene tips you can give me so I don't smell?

The night before I leave, I'm going to go to sleep early and shave, floss, scrub shower, get a haircut, overeat, overdrink water, and rewash all my clothes so they can smell better. Any other tips?

>I can't find work in my city.

Absolute bullshit. There is no excuse short of being a known pedophile that could prevent you from finding work in some capacity.

I have a photo ID. I asked them yesterday and they told me what I just said.

>Most people work from age 12 and save up $5-10k before finishing highschool, then live by themselves when they finish highschool.

Lol wut? I never knew anyone that had that much money when they graduated high school. Granted some of us had jobs but if you weren't an antisocial outcast you spent that money with friends and stuff. Also, maybe you could live by yourself 20+ years ago but that shit's impossible to this day.

where in socal?

lancaster, Ca

Dumpster diving is a gold mine.
Not only will you be able to feed yourself, but depending on what else you find, you can make profit selling it on eBay.

GameStop throws out games, which can be sold to rival stores, for instance.

Same boat over here, i don't have advice for you other than keep your head up and don't fall into a druid problem. bless

colapublib.org/aboutus/librarycard.php
colapublib.org/aboutus/idrequirement.pdf
anything else you need me to google for you? because it says right there that all you need is your photo ID.

Military will give you bed, board, food and a salary. If you're not an almighty fuckup they'll give you some useful skills, maybe a trade.

That or work in an amazon warehouse. They have free painkiller dispensers to soothe your wrecked knees.

>colapublib.org/aboutus/librarycard.php
The woman literally told me otherwise. I'll go back tomorrow and do everything. Thanks, my bud. She was kinda aloof as well so she almost fucked me over about that.

hi,
had the same shit like you did
go into the labor market, even some shit job in micketDees or starbucks,
or join the military
come back with some cash then get into college.

forget luxury

Most Amazon warehouses wont hire if you walk in. They should have a place where you can fill out an application.

You could also look for work at temp places. Bigger cities have these, just look in the yellow pages. If you have any friends try asking them to get you a job at their workplace. Or at the very least you have a shower and laundromat.

Hygiene: Try to shave and keep your face clean. Try gas stop bathrooms. You may have to buy something first. Keep changing bathrooms often. If anything, get a gym membership. You have access to a shower and can get fit.

More hygiene tips. Scrub your nether regions and pits everyday. You can shower at least every other day. Cop some dryer sheets before you leave your parents place. One sheet you rub all over your clothes with help you smell better.

what city is it? Just asking for a friend

I’m 43, with illnesses, and debt. Not saying I want to be homeless, but shit, would I love to have a second chance and be 20 again. You may feel beaten down, but you’re young. Take advantage of services. Work. You’re going to be uncomfortable for awhile, but if you plan, organize and work hard, you will look back on this from a better place in life. Good luck.

enlist in the military and ask your parents if you can stay until you ship out. i've been in this kind of desperate situation and the military was my only way out. joining the army was the best decision i've made in my life (i did seven years, i'm out now thankfully).

>don't fall into a druid problem

We need reasons on why you are getting kicked out, and we need an actual picture of yourself, I would really like to know if you are not a fat leach who was sitting on your ads playing videogames while everyone else were learning to survive irl

Get a bitcoin wallet and post your address on here and for some reason people donate

not saying its a bad option or anything but you can seriously consider prostitution if you're atleast a 6.5/10 just get a camera and stream yourself jerking it on chaturbate if you're ugly af then you can put on a wig and go to the trans section and if you're so ugly no man woman or SJW can get their dicks off to you then just try blowing old men or being a bitch to some with white women trust me it's worth it depending on your age and looks

14aeHqT8GhQjBai1M BrgjtNgHZ1waVQs9k
I really need the help

Coming from someone who doesnt trust punctuation this sounds like excellent advice

#1 thing you should do is go to a library, and apply for food stamps online,
learn about bus routes and try to get the bare minimum level of job possible, for any sort of money

military is nice choice, but not immediate solution you can get food stamps within a month or two

then get a job to be able to pay for rent

also having been in the military you need to be in good physical health, any health issues, or mental issues and they reject you

but talk to a recruiter to learn about your options

You ever been to the high desert mate? I lived there for 12 years, nowadays your lucky if you can even get part time work, it's essentially a collection of small bumfuck towns in the middle of the desert.

This, also, public libraries, college campuses (as long as you don't act like a moron and pretend to move with purpose), and fast food joints will be your ally, bathrooms and wifi should be available at all the above, my advice use them to freshen up and search for jobs.

>Let me take a guess, you sit inside all day playing vidya gaimes, and now your parents are sick of you being a leech and have decided that its finally time for you to grow up.
lol i'd like to see this answered

People are delusional, you cannot even legally work in California until you are 16 and even then you must have permission from your parents , and a work permit from school.
Also getting a drivers license is stupid unless you literally have the help from your parents, or a close friend , because you must have insurance and a car , but you cant get insurance with out a license. It's a catch 22 and its dumb as fuck. Thanks mom for helping me! .

Go get a job at a gas station or burger king, you will make some money and be fine, get a gym membership and go on craigslist and find the cheapest room in your area.

Also for B& annon's if your 14 , look up JTPA , you can get a couple months of work during the summer, it is if it still exists a program through your high school..

I'm sure those poor, unfortunate souls living in the high desert have no means of escape and have no option but to immediately resort to homelessness the minute they set foot there.

exactly, that's what happens

temp agency nigger
salvation army bed

I left home at 15
I played bitches and lived off of them for years
Honorable?..no but it's the same shit they do

Yes on top of that , your parents arn't willing to add you to their insurance because it goes from 30-200 a month to over 500 because you are assumed to be a reckless shortsighted inexperienced driver till you are 28.Also you parents upon putting on their insurance become liable for any wrecks or damages you cause till you are 18. So you generally cant get your license till you are 18.

Come to mn there are jobs everywhere cause the niggers don't wanna work.

join the military - you idiot

this

If the idea of serving in the armed forces doesn't interest you a lot of desert cities always are hiring cops/sheriffs, though you would need school. If you go to college in CA you are probably eligible for 10k grant

if you join the military , which is a shit decision, make sure the recruiters know your situation. They can an will help you, till you ship out. but only after you contract, and you will be shipping out , they will come and find you..

Go to Job Corps. Google it.

if you do this also , spend literall 12 hours a day doing push ups sit ups and run 1-5 miles a day till you ship , and memorize your general orders.. it will make boot camp a little easier .

Kek. Got kicked out at 17. You'll be fine. Sleep on a friends couch till you get a job, then buy a car and sleep in that. Then get a shitty apartment. It isn't that hard, just put down the controller and actually do something with your life.

If you can't find work in SoCal, you can't find work anywhere.

Join military or become a whore

do like my pussy nephews and fake a health issue so mommy will feel sorry for you. Or claim you'll kill yourself They are 33 and 27 yrs old...LOSERS

lel just go to dunkin donuts woith like 6 bucs, after u beg for it and then just play emulators on yer laptop all day, every day. until someone feels sorry enough to let u n their life.

I went to college but thought it was a waste. I'm 28 years old without a degree, work 60 hours a week in construction and make over 70k a year.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself.go and apply yourself and look for a job. If you are fit enough go get a labor job in construction. You'll make more than working in fast food and you'll feel tired and generally happier in doing so. You'll figure it out, you are still young. Don't feel sorry for yourself. You had to move out of your parents eventually. Time to grow up and start taking care of yourself

Enlist in the military today, go around to staffing agencies and put in your resume and interview as well as you can, go around to plumbing/heating places and apply as a helper, go down to UPS and apply for one of their crappy $10/hr part-time positions that are always open

Wait for a call from the staffing agencies for a full-time position, try fast food places as well, chip your way through the recruitment stage in the military, go to basic, 6 months and you'll at least have a future with great potential, stay in for however long it takes to get a GI bill, go to school while in the forces for as long as you are able, get out and go to college for your degree (payed for by your GI bill) and you'll be set bud

Focus your energy on productivity, not on despairing over your situation. I was homeless at the beginning of 2016 and the military wouldn't take me because (I'm not kidding) I got into a ton of fights in middle school and they wanted me to pay $1700 to some independent psychologist over a period of 6 months to evaluate me, so that was out, I got a part-time job at Barnes & Noble and survived off of $700/mo for 10 months while I got an HVAC cert at a local for-profit college

Graduated with a 3.7 gpa, 4 weeks in I fell in a hole and fractured my tibia plateau, recovered and got fired from my plumber helper job, miraculously got a $20/hr job as a recruiter at a staffing agency and I plan to return to a non-profit college in 2018 to work towards a software engineering bachelors

Don't fall into hopelessness, look for resources around, go to some staffing agencies to look for help, it doesn't cost you any money, just interview very well and explain to them your situation, try the military, get a low-hanging-fruit job